Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "You Go CathyMoran" thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭yellowellie

^^ Same as that..

Sending you both all my good wishes for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hey Guy's,

Glad to hear Aoife is on the mend. You are two of the soundest posters on boards and I sincerely hope it all works out for the best for both of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Glad to hear more positive news.

Thanks for the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

best of luck in your recovery, and hope all works out , suddenly my problems don't seam so accute .. life is strange , cruel and wonderfull ... Lance Armstrong won 3 or 4 tour de France after recovering from cancer .. so anything is possible .... i think people get an inner strength and wisdom from lifes hardship ... anyway i wish you well and i'm sure life will balance out positivly for you !
    B.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Just saw the banner and just want to wish you both well.

ding

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Just saw the banner now also. Dont know the individuals involved but Ive just said a few prayers and lit a candle. Get well soo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

me too. all the best !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Get well soon Aoife!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Get well soon! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Very good news all round yesterday and today.
    They decided that she was doing so well that they did not need to restart the dialysis imminently (but are keeping it as an option). So other than the central line in her leg, its not a bother to her anymore. Aoife's pneumonia is improving too- she is now breathing without any oxygen at all. She is still not able to clear her lungs properly and is getting assistance with this (suctioning). Aoife sat out of bed for over 3 hours yesterday and they hope that she may start to move around a little with the help of the physiotherapist today. As she is no longer in need of the very intensive care of the ICU unit, they are also saying that they will move her down to the high dependency unit as soon as they can find a bed (possibly later today). I think it will do Aoife the world of good to get out of ICU. She is making very good progress.

Shane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Thats brilliant news Shane, my thoughts and prayers are still with you and Aoife.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

really great news shane. I'm sure you'll both be glad to see the back of IC.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

She really is a fighter.
    It's great to hear that she is able to get out of bed too. A great step in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Little by little she (and you) will get there. :)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

as a northsider, there is only one appropriate way to react to the news.

DEADLY!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Just saw this. Shane (whom I've met a couple of years back) and Aoife (whom I haven't yet), I salute your courage and your love for each other.

Is Aoife still being sedated to sleep? A suggestion - there's software called Pzizz, which I'll buy for you if you'd like it (PM me if you would, Shane). It generates autohypnosis tapes. If Aoife can sleep with in-ear earplugs, and if the hygiene of that is ok in her state of health, you might record a 60-minute Pzizz 'sleep', and then fill the rest of the eight hours with soft sea and stream sounds.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Great to hear Aoife's getting better Shane.

smccarrick wrote:
    Aoife sat out of bed for over 3 hours yesterday and they hope that she may start to move around a little with the help of the physiotherapist today.
    That will work wonders for the pneumonia,it will also get her circulation to go better rather than having to be in bed all the time.
    It must be a great lift to see that happening even though she is still very ill.It's a mending sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Absolutly wonderful news, really great to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Thought are with ye both today, an inspirational woman by all accounts and deserves everyones hopes and prayers to will her to good health.

Best wishes.

ZEN and family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Great to hear Cathy/Aoife is doing so well - she sounds like a real feisty lady!
    Thinking of you both.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Excellent news - good to see your both holding up and doing well. :)

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you during this tough times - but it will all be worth it in the end.

Kevin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

Considering how difficult the last few weeks in particular must have been for you both, the approach you've both displayed has been admirable. The fighting spirit on Cathy / Aoife's part that you've described has been good to hear about, a characteristic which comes into its own in times like these I guess.

I wish you both well, and hope Aoife fully recovers as soon as she can. Take care you two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Shane do you have a laptop with wifi? (or a printer!) You'll have to show her this thread.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Great to hear things are going well. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

That's great news. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Thanks for all the updates Shane, you guys are great. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Yeah, as everyone says that's really excellent news, she's moving in big steps. Your wife has a lot of people rooting and praying and crossing their fingers for her.

You must be very relieved at how things are going, keep up the good work the both of you. :)
    Ajay

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

smccarrick wrote:
    She is making very good progress.

What absolutely fanastic news Shane.
    I'm thrilled for you both!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Shane, it is very good of you to keep everyone updated - I appreciate how difficult it must be for you all. Aoife is an amazingly brave and strong person, and I have an incredible amount of admiration for you both. My heart is with you both.

D.

Advertisement