Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "You Go CathyMoran" thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Guess_Who

I'm another one who's never posted to you before but have been reading Cathy's posts.

Thinking of you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Fingers crossed, will be thinking of you both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

all the best to you both, you'll be in my thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Will be thinking of you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

You're both in my thoughts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Cathymoran, Shane,
    I'm another person you don't know but who has silently admired your determination. I hope yesterdays difficulties are temporary and your time in ICU is minimised. Look after each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I hope everything is ok - you're both in my thoughts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Sorry to hear about the complications Shane, I hope things have improved since your last post.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hoping to hear good news from you soon Shane regarding Cathy's condition.

She's in our thoughts.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Cathymoran's condition did worsen on Monday somewhat, when she also developed pneumonia (as a result of the build-up of fluid in her system and on her lungs) and she is extremely uncomfortable with it (a tube has to be fed down her nasal passage into her lungs every 45 minutes to vacuum as much of the fluid off her lungs as possible, as they would rather not put her back on the ventilator again). She is in quite a bit of pain with this, as they have also had to cut back on morphine so that she tries to breathe as much as possible to try to loosen fluid on her lungs).

She did however have a good night last night, and it looks like her kidneys may be starting to function slowly again (they plan to leave her on dialysis for a few weeks).

The surgery itself will be checked with NMR imaging tomorrow or on Friday, so fingers crossed.

It does look like the worst of it is over (I hope)

Shane

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

It does look like the worst of it is over
    Heres hoping. So sorry to hear about the complications, hope everything will find its way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I'm very sorry to hear that things have not gone as smooth as we all hoped. I pray for a speedy a recovery for CathyMoran and I hope you are doing ok too Shane.

Please send our love to Cathy.

Philomena

It feels funny describing that as good news shane, I guess it's the best we can hope for. Glad to hear things are getting better anyway, good luck on Friday

It is a bit funny describing it as positive news, but when she hasn't slept in 4 or 5 days, the fact that she got a few hours sleep and is beginning to pass urine again can only be seen as positive.

I will be so relieved when she is through the woods.

Shane

Every little step on the road to recovery is a good thing.
    Hope the worst is over and the rest of the recovery go smoothly.

James.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Hope you've a speedy recovery Cathy, my thoughts are with you both

smccarrick wrote:
    It is a bit funny describing it as positive news, but when she hasn't slept in 4 or 5 days, the fact that she got a few hours sleep and is beginning to pass urine again can only be seen as positive.

It's all little steps in recoveries like these. You have to take each little one as a triumph and that can feel very strange at first but it's the only way to look at it. People who expect quick recoveries after any major illness, operation or accident are naive imho.

It's good to hear that she's making such good progress though. :)

Shane, tell her the diabetics on the LTI forum have stopped checking their bloods. She'll be back to kick our asses tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

best wishes to you and cathy, shane.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Best wishes to both Cathy and your good self Shane. She seems like a pretty determined lady. Hopefully she'll be back on her feet soon.

• Advertisement

Thursday update- further ICU problems unfortunately.

Her main line had to be changed, as she has now been in intensive care for 6 days. She suffered cardiac problems while they were changing the lines, and the new line which they installed in the femeral artery does not seem to be working with the dialysis machine. She was sedated during the procedure and has not recovered consciousness again yet.

I was shocked when I went in this afternoon- she was so brilliant this morning, trying to talk and pleading with the nurse to allow me to give her her mobile phone.

They are going to try to stabilise blood pressure/pulse/O2SP/respiration overnight.

It feels like a kick in the teeth, she was so good this morning. Please keep her in your thoughts.

smccarrick wrote:
    Please keep her in your thoughts.

Of course mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I'm very sad to hear this.

I pray her recovery will be quick from here on in and that all the complications are behind you.

Take care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I hope there's better news tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sad to hear things have worsened somewhat. Praying for more positive news tomorrow.

Take care Shane.. and thanks for keeping us in the loop through this difficult time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I've been thinking of the pair of you since cathymoran's first posts on the matter. I'll even say a little prayer to whatever may be out there and if I'm praying and there is a higher power around, his red phone has just lit up from shock.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Shane, keep beng strong.
    Hopefully Cathy will be home soon.
    We're all behind both you and Cathy.

Here's hoping you are both feeling better this morning Shane. You're both in my thoughts. I'm with wibbs, I'm praying even though I'm not really religious, and I'm sure God has raised his eyebrow higher than it's ever been before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Sorry to hear about the complications Shane, both you and Cathy are in my prayers. Keep the chin up.

• Advertisement

simu wrote:
    I hope there's better news tomorrow.
    Im sure their will be.
    We're all behind both you and Cathy.

Advertisement