Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paddypowerpoker.com Irish Open - Official Thread

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

In fairness Karl intimated that those sort of rules wouldnt be stringently enforced. He didnt need to. Its people projecting small print rules and making an issue out of them before the event that blows these things out of proportion imo.

p.s
    Doc Farrell good luck in the omaha today. Its your game so its right you should be giving it a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Kendriver

I want to say to all connected with the IO that in my opinion it was a fantastic weekend festival of poker which happened here in our Island.Well done to POR and staff for the excellent set up in what really was a fairly limited space to accomodate the crowds that turned up.I was thrilled to be able to take part and while I had no aspirations in making the FT had a great time along with eleven other players from our club.To Nic,Karl,PP and POR

WELL DONE :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Kendriver wrote:
    I want to say to all connected with the IO that in my opinion it was a fantastic weekend festival of poker which happened here in our Island.Well done to POR and staff for the excellent set up in what really was a fairly limited space to accomodate the crowds that turned up.I was thrilled to be able to take part and while I had no aspirations in making the FT had a great time along with eleven other players from our club.To Nic,Karl,PP and POR

WELL DONE :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 malb71

Where can I get full results of the IO?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Great tournament, Karl

Tables - good
    Dealers - good
    Cards - excellent
    Chips - good
    Chairs - good
    Players - too good
    Room - good
    Parking - good
    Atmosphere - Irish
    Result - Irish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

in fairness i think the massive fuss made about the feature table, and then to see that Dan Harrington was the only feature table player who didnt have to remove his hat. i wouldnt ask dan to remove his hat if it were me, as its what we associate with him, his lucky green hat - but surely one rule for one and another for the rest of us is unfair.
    (the rigger made a very good point on why he wanted to wear a peaked cap, even if on the feature table, but was told previous to the event that it would not be possible)

Also one boardsie i chatted to mentioned how rudely and abruptly he was told about his ear phones on the feature table. on rule should apply to all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭fabsoul

malb71 wrote:
    Where can I get full results of the IO?

there only the ME and the 300 omaha up so far
    http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/festival.php?a=r&n=4408

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

semibluff wrote:
    in fairness i think the massive fuss made about the feature table, and then to see that Dan Harrington was the only feature table player who didnt have to remove his hat. i wouldnt ask dan to remove his hat if it were me, as its what we associate with him, his lucky green hat - but surely one rule for one and another for the rest of us is unfair.
    (the rigger made a very good point on why he wanted to wear a peaked cap, even if on the feature table, but was told previous to the event that it would not be possible)

Also one boardsie i chatted to mentioned how rudely and abruptly he was told about his ear phones on the feature table. on rule should apply to all
    To add a bit of balance, I did see another player wearing a baseball cap at the feature table, but he was a PPP qualifier with a PPP cap, so not sure if this is a coincidence or not. I didn't see or hear of anyone being asked to take one off, not that I looked too hard for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

5starpool wrote:
    To add a bit of balance, I did see another player wearing a baseball cap at the feature table, but he was a PPP qualifier with a PPP cap, so not sure if this is a coincidence or not. I didn't see or hear of anyone being asked to take one off, not that I looked too hard for it.

I was moved to the feature table at a crucial stage of the tourney close to "the bubble" and I always wear a baseball cap when playing poker, Tbh it gives me confidence:o . Liam flood came over and asked myself and another player(Mick McCloskey) to remove ours, I took mine off no problem but mick put up a fight and was allowed to wear it backwards. I later found out others were allowed to wear caps incl the great dan harrington.
    It appears that there are two sets of rules and they are implemented according to mood of the TD.

Lloyd was told in no uncertain terms to remove his earphones by the tv producer. And if he had a problem with this he could leave the table and be blinded away.
    Maybe he can correct me if i quoted him wrongly

If that is the rule they have as they categorically told us before the tournament then fair enough, but the double standards of allowing some wear the hats and others not is the point that is getting to me!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I definitely noticed palyers wearing headphones (one ear only) on the tv coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

semibluff wrote:
    Lloyd was told in no uncertain terms to remove his earphones by the tv producer. And if he had a problem with this he could leave the table and be blinded away.
    Maybe he can correct me if i quoted him wrongly

If that is the rule they have as they categorically told us before the tournament then fair enough, but the double standards of allowing some wear the hats and others not is the point that is getting to me!

The thing was a fcuking shambles. When I arrived I asked the producer miking me up if I could use my Ipod. He went away to check and told me it was no problem. Richard Ashby was allowed to wear his baseball cap aswell. 1hr and 10 mins into play when they carried out the first dealer change, a different TV producer came out and ordered me to remove my headphones and all baseball caps to be removed also. This guy was an absolute twat, and had a very aggressive manner.

I raised the fact that I had been told it was ok by his colleague and that the general floor rules did not prohibit Ipods. He dismissed me by saying I could keep them on and leave the table if I wished; that he had no problem continuing without me. Richard Ashby asked to see the rules that dictated that he could not wear his cap: he was told to go and get a rulebook himself and stop wasting the dude's time!!

Obviously the players come second in such situations. Which is a shame. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

so if a player who has a decent stack nearing the business end of a tourney gets asked to play on the tv table and is told no baseball caps but he considers it a major issue, is he allowed to take MAXIMUM time over every decision.

i.e.

folded around to him in small blind, he waits... thinks... clock gets called... he waits and calls last second. bb raises, and our hero is sb does the trick again... wait wait wait... clock... wait... call... see a flop... wait ... wait... clock.... .... wait... check... etc etc etc etc...

effectively minimising the potential action on the TV table. whats to stop a player from doing this. is it likely that a TD would give a warning/time penalty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

The thing was a fcuking shambles. When I arrived I asked the producer miking me up if I could use my Ipod. He went away to check and told me it was no problem. Richard Ashby was allowed to wear his baseball cap aswell. 1hr and 10 mins into play when they carried out the first dealer change, a different TV producer came out and ordered me to remove my headphones and all baseball caps to be removed also. This guy was an absolute twat, and had a very aggressive manner.

I raised the fact that I had been told it was ok by his colleague and that the general floor rules did not prohibit Ipods. He dismissed me by saying I could keep them on and leave the table if I wished; that he had no problem continuing without me. Richard Ashby asked to see the rules that dictated that he could not wear his cap: he was told to go and get a rulebook himself and stop wasting the dude's time!!

i'd love to see a player/rich person who doesnt give a 6%&^ about €3,500 take the piss out of an a$$ like that... be really awkward when being miked up, keep "accidently" disconnecting the mike, keep putting ur cards on top of eachother like you would at a normal table not beside each other... hehehe, even put your feet up on the table to get comfy... or take ur shirt off... or something... basically make his job miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Maybe we should start a seperate thread for improvments that could be made.

I knew it would likely be one rule for 'x player' and another for 'y player'.

Players should be treated like customers, and no member of the tv crew/event staff should be aggresive or arrogant to anyone.

I'm good at complaining, so I could pick out a number of things that could be improved, though I have my doubts as to if they will take notice as they didn't take much notice when likely problems were pointed out in the run up to the event.

I think its ridiculas that the featured table played 8 handed, when all other tables are 9, its a different game, 10 handed, 9 handed, 8 handed, etc.

Also, there were players brought to the featured table that were not randomly selected, which is nothing short of a disgrace, it alters the tournament.

It wasn't a badly run event, it just could of been run great if a small bit of common sense was added into the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

i'm a pretty laid back person, but I honestly would have blown up on a guy ike that and told him to go **** himself. I'm after paying 3.5k to play this tourny and if I want to listen to music I will!

**** his tv table.

agree with all the above

also Piper T mentioned that karl had tapped him on the shoulder and said if they lose 3 more players would he go to the feature table -

WTF

random selection my ass. is it merely because he was a PPP qualifier that he was gettin to the feature table?
    I understand that PP will try and distance themselves from the idnorant TV crew, but surely they should have been the boys with the final say.
    Rightfully so they didnt ask Dan H to remove his hat, i dont think he should as its his trademark and he;s such a legend - but then why enforce it vigorously with us "nobodys"

Advertisement