Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paddypowerpoker.com Irish Open - Official Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Sorry for delay- here's the story. Although the prizepool is guaranteed to be huge and we're planning to put on an amazing festival, there has to be a slight compromise to get the main event finished within the time we have to work with. I would love to have every level possible with 2 hour blinds but it simply isn't possible.

The 4th day is just for the televised final table which leaves 3 days of play to get 700 players down to 6. There were few grumbles about the structure last year and this year it will be better despite having double the players! After consulting with the tournament directors, the structure will now include an extra 150/300 level with a 25 ante.

Overall, this is still a deepstacked (10k), long level (60 mins), well run tournament which is dripping with value. If we dont make the guarantee which is a disctinct possibility there may even be an overlay.

If you compare it to the EPT3 Grand Final there is 60 mins of play less. http://www.europeanpokertour.com/EPT3_montecarlo_structure.html
    They have a 75/150 but every other level is the same and their considerably bigger ante structure makes both essentially the same.

In the grand scheme of things this will be the best structured Irish Open ever. It's not possible to keep everyone happy but thanks for your feedback and I'll post more details as I get them.

Any questions or comments feel free to PM me.

$1 Freezeout on Monday 5th Feb at 8pm on PPP btw - ticket guaranteed, reg now open

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Fair play Karl - its an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Thanks for trying Karl, it's a step in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭carrigeen

Nice one Karl thats good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Why not get rid of the 25/50 level and have the 75/150 instead.

Essentially the 25/50 is a waste of time anyway.

• Advertisement

i've never heard it being done to be honest, dont see any reason why not.

the structure as above is now final and published so can't do anything further.

*bumpage*

tonnes of new satellite venues announced. you can see full details here:

http://www.irishpokeropen.com/qualify/offline.php

lots more will be added next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭TheRock

Karl,
    The Macua super sat is down for Saturday 28th March.
    28th March is a Wednesday:confused:

Just wondering if you knew the correct date for this?
    Had a look at the Macau website but couldn't find anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

Is this going to be televised? I remember Padraig Parkinson mentioning on the circuit that it will be on RTE, can anyone confirm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

karlh wrote:

Jesus, expect no overlay then:rolleyes:

Looks to be very well organised, good job Karl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

ollieboyce and Bob battersby are the same odds to win this! and also, Bob is shorter odds than last years winner/deal made/3rd Brendan Ruane. LMFAO

it also will be televised every day on RTE Live

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Why not get rid of the 25/50 level and have the 75/150 instead.

Essentially the 25/50 is a waste of time anyway.

This is a great idea that I would definitely agree with.....I have suggested it at tournaments before but have been met with cries of horror from players.....

Anyway I can't wait for this tournament......The fact that that level has been added makes all the difference but I think people shouldn't confuse value with the longest structure possible......Its definitely not a crapshoot but I wouldn't mind winning it even if it was.

Hats off to PPP......There's a reason they are number one in Ireland at everything they do and thats 'cos they gots guts......

This tournament is brilliant for Irish poker and unlike the EPT events it will give players that travel from overseas a chance to actually play against Irish players.

Bob is shorter odds than last years winner/deal made/3rd Brendan Ruane. LMFAO

I have already answered criticism over BR's price. I can only ask again, did you see him play last year? :)

Ill check Macau details and post correction.

Thanks,
    Karl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

karlh wrote:
    I have already answered criticism over BR's price. I can only ask again, did you see him play last year? :)

Ill check Macau details and post correction.

Thanks,
    Karl
    i have played with both on regular occassion i just thknk its funny bob`s quoted, i reckon there isnt much in them though!lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

i have played with both on regular occassion i just thknk its funny bob`s quoted, i reckon there isnt much in them though!lol.

Yeah its funny alright that Bob and Ollie are 300/1. I mean, 300/1 for Ollie Boyce, are they having a laugh.....surely 500/1 would be more realistic :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Hi all,

I know it should really be in here but just want to make sure that everyone sees the Westbury thread......There's some free money to be had this Thursday night in Malahide.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 spem4392

Hi All,

Exclusively on PPP $50 Rebuy Satellite to the Irish Open:

Date: Wednesday 21st Feb at 9pm

Buyin: $50 + $2.50

Blinds: 15 min Rounds with 4 levels of rebuys

Prize: One $5,500 Package to the Irish Open Easter 2007 Is Guaranteed. Eeach subsequent $5,500 will generate another package

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭TheRock

spem4392 wrote:
    Hi All,

Exclusively on PPP $50 Rebuy Satellite to the Irish Open:

Date: Wednesday 21st Feb at 9pm

Buyin: $50 + $2.50

Blinds: 15 min Rounds with 4 levels of rebuys

Prize: One $5,500 Package to the Irish Open Easter 2007 Is Guaranteed. Eeach subsequent $5,500 will generate another package

Thanks.

How come this got cancelled??:confused::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭PPP-Pit Boss

TheRock wrote:
    How come this got cancelled??:confused::(
    Lack of interest, we thought running it as a super sat would interest some players but it would seem not. We withdraw it with one registered player rather than running the risk of it cancelling itself with 7 or 8 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Lack of interest, we thought running it as a super sat would interest some players but it would seem not. We withdraw it with one registered player rather than running the risk of it cancelling itself with 7 or 8 players.
    What the hell? I was looking forward to this. Was this tourny even advertised anywhere apart from a single post in the middle of this thread? Or did you expect PPP players to check MTT tournys for unusual events all the time? I am annoyed, stuck home with nothing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭PPP-Pit Boss

CodeMonkey wrote:
    What the hell? I was looking forward to this. Was this tourny even advertised anywhere apart from a single post in the middle of this thread? Or did you expect PPP players to check MTT tournys for unusual events all the time? I am annoyed, stuck home with nothing to do.

Sorry about that :(

The tournament was advertised:

On the feature section of the website
    In the sub feature section of the website
    On the splash front page of the poker client
    In the feature section of the poker client
    On the ticker section of the website
    On the Irish Open website qualifier section
    On the Online Qualifier section of the website...

I personally would have found it attractive and you try these things to see if others will too but It could well have something to do with the already pretty bursting schedule of feeders etc on the site.

If you guys want this kind of online supersat we may well be able to arrange a private boards IO tourney when we move to the Playtech Platform.

All in favour say I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

karl check your pm...cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 stretchticles

aye!!

will you advertise here?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭fl&sh

why have the entry costs for the daily feeders and the sunday night final gone up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

fl&sh wrote:
    why have the entry costs for the daily feeders and the sunday night final gone up.

Im guessing its got something to do with the move to playtech

structure of GFs on Playtech will be $300 freezeouts so we have changed the feeder structure slightly.

once we migrate there will be loads of STT and MTT routes to these GFs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

karlh wrote:
    structure of GFs on Playtech will be $300 freezeouts so we have changed the feeder structure slightly.

once we migrate there will be loads of STT and MTT routes to these GFs.

thats fantastic news.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

are the $300GF's freeze outs or rebuys... I qualified to one through a 15 rebuy but i heard the $300 GF was a rebuy. Can u clear that up ? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

would it be possible to do a bi-weekly >600$ sat. Im sure there would be a load of interest in those as long as you blitz the place with sats to them.

• Advertisement

the $300 + $20 GFs will be freezeouts. I think it's a much better structure while maintaining the size of the prizepool.

i dont know about the $600 sikes, the satellites are doing well as they are. ill look at it again after the big move when we see what the numbers are like in the new format.

Advertisement