Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paddypowerpoker.com Irish Open - Official Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

just another quick question karl. am i automatically entered into the next grand final or can i choose what sunday i want to play it??? if so, how do i choose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

karlh wrote:
    structure of GFs on Playtech will be $300 freezeouts so we have changed the feeder structure slightly.

once we migrate there will be loads of STT and MTT routes to these GFs.

Hi Karl

i think i can remember ticket only STTs last year (somethin like $400 9 seat 1 ticket?)

please will you put some options in the STT's section

thanks in advance

bops!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Hi all,

I just wanted to spam this thread up a bit and remind everyone that I'm running an offline satellite this Thursday in the Westbury Snooker Club, The Green, Malahide.

Buy-in is €200 + €20 freezeout and the blind structure is really playable (modelled off the IO main event)

100% of pirze-pool paid out, Stephen Mc Lean is TD, great atmosphere and a freeroll tournament will start at 6pm sharp on the night...... Main tournament starts at 7:45pm.

Email stephen@pokerireland.ie if you need any more info or check out www.pokerireland.ie for listings of our upcoming satellites around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,184 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Gus Ivey wrote:
    just another quick question karl. am i automatically entered into the next grand final or can i choose what sunday i want to play it??? if so, how do i choose?
    AFAIK its automatic, dont know if you can choose

Hi guys,

Just want to make sure that everyone knows about the free-roll we are running (basically qualifying players directly into the Irish Open)....This Thursday March 1st in Malahide, Co. Dublin.
    Check out the last post here;
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055058387

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Karl

Whats the story with parking at the Burlo on the days of the event? Its paid parking there unless you are a resident. Do they offer free parking if you are at an event there?

Cheers,

Noel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

first attempt for a ticket on sunday in New Ross, first place was a ticket second €10 i came 2nd:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 spem4392

Hi BCB,

We got a deal for all players - Parking in the Burlington is €10 a day for non-residents and free of course for residents.

Cheers,
    Keith

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Cheers Keith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

Sats start for this in the fitz this thursday at 8PM

• Advertisement

MickL wrote:
    Sats start for this in the fitz this thursday at 8PM

Hi Mick,

Any details on this tournament?

Just asking because I'm running a qualifier this Thursday in Malahide but probably changing to Wednesday next week and thereafter.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

karlh just to let u know theres a misprint on this page : http://paddypowerpoker.com/tournaments/online-qualifiers.php
    it says the grand final is $300 + $200. I was confused for a sec , i thought it was $200 top up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

nicnicnic wrote:
    first attempt for a ticket on sunday in New Ross, first place was a ticket second €10 i came 2nd:(

ffs Nicky, 2 paid & you one of them & you're still not satisfied :confused::confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

Sorry about that :(

The tournament was advertised:

On the feature section of the website
    In the sub feature section of the website
    On the splash front page of the poker client
    In the feature section of the poker client
    On the ticker section of the website
    On the Irish Open website qualifier section
    On the Online Qualifier section of the website...

I personally would have found it attractive and you try these things to see if others will too but It could well have something to do with the already pretty bursting schedule of feeders etc on the site.

If you guys want this kind of online supersat we may well be able to arrange a private boards IO tourney when we move to the Playtech Platform.

All in favour say I?

I......

I also never saw this advertised, must be blind... Running those $3 rebuy feeders are a good way of players noticing GF Sats and normally builds up a nice field few days before the gf, could this help?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

feeders would indeed help but 2 different sets of feeders to to 2 different finals were quite confusing and we didnt want to dilute traffic to the sun GF too much.

there will be STT feeders and all sorts of qualification methods when we move to our new home.

ill post details here as soon as.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

check out mr 86!

and 47...

check out mr 86!

and 47...

????

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

fecker..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Some questions

in the rebuy tournaments, how many chips do you have to have to rebuy?

Will there be topups available in the 200r and 300r tournaments? This page seems to suggest there won't be. However we know the Merrion can be flexible on this matter.

Incidentally the first question would be a good one to add to the sticky for tourament organisers. A 100 rebuy where you can rebuy with starting stack or less is almost as big as a 200 rebuy where you can only rebuy with no chips. So it would be useful to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

bump for karlh et al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭PiperT

kakak1 wrote:
    ffs Nicky, 2 paid & you one of them & you're still not satisfied :confused::confused:

LMAO:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

2 Tickets Guaranteed Sunday 1st April

1. Who is running this tournament, JP Poker
    2. The purpose of the event, Commericial
    3. Sunday 1st April, The Red Cow Hotel
    4. Single table sat’s from 1pm, Game starts 4pm
    5. Any prerequisites, none.
    6. Tickets can be bought on the day, no maximum number of players
    7. NL Hold’em
    8. Buy In €175 & €25 Reg (Dinner included) Freezeout
    9. 100% prize pool paid out
    10. Starting chips 10000
    11. 30 for first 4 levels then 40 mins

Blind Structure same as Irish Open

25-50
    50-100
    100-200
    150-300

Break 10 mins

150-300 Ante 25
    200-400 Ante 25
    300-600 Ante 25
    400-800 Ante 50

Dinner Break 30 Min, Chip Race 25’s

600-1200 Ante 100
    800-1500 Ante 100
    1000-2000 Ante 200
    1500-3000 Ante 200

Break 10 min

2000-4000 Ante 300
    3000-6000 Ante 500
    4000-8000 Ante 500
    5000-10000 Ante 1000

Break 10 Min. Chip Race 100’s

6000-12000 Ante 1000
    8000-16000 Ante 1500
    10000-20000 Ante 2000
    12000-24000 Ante 2000
    Break 10 Mins

15000-30000 Ante 3000
    20000-40000 Ante 3000
    25000-50000 Ante 3000 Frozen Until Finished

Depending on total chip count, players left and average chip stack to blinds and antes the clock may be frozen a lot earlier, we will also repeat levels if the game is going fast.

12. Dealer Dealt until the final 2 tables
    13. JP Mc Cann is TD
    14. TD has last say
    15. A set of rules will be on display

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭carrigeen

Lads,

can we keep this thread just for the actual Irish open and supporting events and post satellites seperately. No major issue just Im lucky enough to have my ticket and dont need to see all satellites which are posted on their own thread anyway

p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Can't believe this hasn't been asked before, but having lucksacked my way to a ticket last night see this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055064162
    as the main event is starting on Good Friday will there be any alcohol available?

Apologies for the delay in answering this Dave, here's the one I can definitely answer now:
    RoundTower wrote:
    Will there be topups available in the 200r and 300r tournaments?

No, only top ups available in the Super Satellite on Thurs.

patmac wrote:
    Can't believe this hasn't been asked before, but having lucksacked my way to a ticket last night see this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055064162
    as the main event is starting on Good Friday will there be any alcohol available?

for residents ;)

*sccccccccccccchumpidy bump!*

Irish Open $1 Freezeout Next Monday at 8pm. Registration is now open and filling. Free shot at a €3500 ticket for a measly buck.

Get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

karlh wrote:
    for residents ;)
    Thats good for me. Is there anyone else staying in the Burlington, I don't want 50 boardsters charging drink to my room.

• Advertisement

if i remember correctly, Jury's last year weren't allowing drinks to rooms to avoid obvious piss takes.

you couldnt even take them out of the bar. Security were strictish and it was either have a room key under your own name or say that you're a poker journalist called Roy the Boy and wing it.

Advertisement