Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paddypowerpoker.com Irish Open - Official Thread

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

flop'em wrote:
    perhaps i shouldnt have bothered wishing everyone luck
    Don't mind him, he is a cynical fecker. All luck wishes appreciated, some of us need it :)

Also, you might want to reduce the size of your signature to a link instead of an image as there is a rule that you can't have them, and if the right/wrong person notices you will be in a bit of trouble about it and may face a ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

5starpool wrote:
    I'd be amazed. There are only 511 names on the website (not including me so not up to date I spose). Where did you hear that Dave?
    Horses mouth. Theres a waiting list now.

BigDragon wrote:
    TRUE
    I'd be amazed. There are only 511 names on the website (not including me so not up to date I spose). Where did you hear that Dave?

I presume they have a load reserved for the super sat, probably around 50 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

BigDragon wrote:
    Horses mouth. Theres a waiting list now.

How does this affect the Super Sat?

Doubt you can answer this Dave, maybe Karl might reply.

Edit: Just saw Dom's post. Maybe so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭fabsoul

yep my guess they have 40-50 held for the super sat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

they would prob hold 40 to 50 for super stat, that giving the fact 511 are regd (which is prob not up to date) would mean they will be maxed out for fri morning with all the direct buy in lurkers, karl perhaps you can confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

all the ops guys are in the Burlington at the moment, I'll try get clarification shortly.
    I'd be surprised if the ME was full and even more surprised that if they were quoting it as full that they were not accounting for x amt of super sat qualifyers in the numbers.

Wisesmurf

edit: Karl will clarify shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

flop'em wrote:
    perhaps i shouldnt have bothered wishing everyone luck
    my humble apologies and thanks. boards makes one cynical over time - ive aged beyond my years.:)

Also i think Jools wanted to know if the super satellite was full.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

is there wireless in the burlington?

• Advertisement

is there wireless in the burlington?
    you prob have to pay for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

there is wireless in the Burlington for €10 per 24 hours.

as for the event, it is pretty much sold out. There is some small number juggling to do now with satellites which were held last night but we are over the 700 mark.

do not fear for the super satellite, this number includes 20 seats which are held for that so it will be the last chance to get into the main event.

best of luck everyone!

so are most people heading in tonight to reg for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Yup.

Absolutely. Probably head in around 8 or so.

right, I'll prob bump into some of yous so.

now, to finish this economics crud. keynesian blah blah...actually; i wonder if I can fit ev into it somewhere....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

actually; i wonder if I can fit ev into it somewhere....:)

Absolutely, just call it the Utility of a risk-neutral person :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Yeah hoping to have a pint on the northside with 1 or 2 before heading over to the burlington to reg about 830-9ish. No poker for me tonight...hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Flushdraw wrote:
    No poker for me tonight...hopefully!

lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

lmao

Serious Noel...4-5 pints max, no cash games and be back home in bed by 1am. Thats the masterplan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Would any of ye Dubs know how far Bewleys hotel in ballsbridge is away from the burlington ( booked out ) , gonna leave my car there and walk to burlington if its not too far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Hoki wrote:
    Would any of ye Dubs know how far Bewleys hotel in ballsbridge is away from the burlington ( booked out ) , gonna leave my car there and walk to burlington if its not too far

Less than 20 mins, well worth a walk, especially if the weather holds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

that'll do nicely , ta

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Just checked into the Fitzwilliam Hotel on Stephen's Green for the weekend. Nice.

Wreck wrote:
    Less than 20 mins, well worth a walk, especially if the weather holds up.
    .agree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭romperstomper

guys, please clarify for an interested bystander, is the open itself gonna be held in the Burlington hotel??? what time will the first tables start playing at??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

That 511 players listed on irishpokeropen.com hasn't changed for a few days. Its well out of date.

guys, please clarify for an interested bystander, is the open itself gonna be held in the Burlington hotel??? what time will the first tables start playing at??
    Yes, and 4pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

hi folks,

anyone know what time the reg opens for the Omaha today. are the blinds still 35 mins for the full tourney?

i am incapable of using a telephonic communicator. I've lost the use of my hands like Hannibal Lector in Manhunter. I'm typing this with my nose. its quite an ordeal..

• Advertisement

I was interested yesterday when Dan Harrington got moved to the feature table, as I had a feeling he would be allowed to wear his baseball cap, and I was right, so rules are not rules it would appear.

Advertisement