Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet broadband

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

imass wrote: »
    Hi Rory, how about in Roscommon my frend lookyng? for Internet servise

Can you PM me the details and I will see what his line is capable of. Or just send me your contact details.

DAVE22 wrote: »
    Hi rory. can you get broadband without the phone package.

This all depends on what you mean by the phone pack and it also depends on where you live (fibre, adsl, resold eircom).

Would you like a call to get into more specifics?

Hi Rory my upload speed has recently dropped from a steady 75-90kbs to a painful 20-30kbs, I make videos on youtube and cant afford to spend hours waiting for videos to upload, Anything you can do for me ?

Can you PM me your details? I can have a look in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Issues with magnet at the moment? Connection is very laggy and even the magnet.ie site is painfully slow to load.

mloc123 wrote: »
    Issues with magnet at the moment? Connection is very laggy and even the magnet.ie site is painfully slow to load.

First port of call would be customer services. If you struggle at all give me a shout. To be honest its probably something small we need to fix.

We have no network issues at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

Hi I'm looking into getting Magnet broadband but I'm finding it a bit difficult comprehending the offers on the sight and wanted to check others experiences and ask a few questions.

I'm looking at Magnet Force 24 special offer, what I was wondering is;
    • Did Magnet sign that archaic filesharing agreement?
    • Is it a phone-line service?
    • If it is a phone-line service what repair/maintenance guarantees do I have that magnet will fix it promptly?
    • How reliable do people find it?
    • The add says free installation, is it?
    • How good are their wireless routers?

Thanks.

• Did Magnet sign that archaic filesharing agreement? No.
    • Is it a phone-line service? In most cases yes.
    • If it is a phone-line service what repair/maintenance guarantees do I have that magnet will fix it promptly? It depends on the fault, in short we manage it and liaise with the necessary 3rd parties (in most cases eircom).
    • How reliable do people find it? You would have to ask them but I'm confident that if you ask enough people we will come through as a positive firm to do business with.
    • The add says free installation, is it? Yes, in almost 100% of cases.
    • How good are their wireless routers? Wireless G, they are reliable and they transmit the services well in a conventional home.
    Can I call you to give you more details?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

• Did Magnet sign that archaic filesharing agreement? No.
    • Is it a phone-line service? In most cases yes.
    • If it is a phone-line service what repair/maintenance guarantees do I have
      that magnet will fix it promptly? It depends on the fault, in short we manage it and liaise with the necessary 3rd parties (in most cases eircom).
    • How reliable do people find it? You would have to ask them but I'm confident that if you ask enough people we will come through as a positive firm to do business with.
    • The add says free installation, is it? Yes, in almost 100% of cases.
    • How good are their wireless routers? Wireless G, they are reliable and they transmit the services well in a conventional home.
    Can I call you to give you more details?

Thanks.

Thanks Rory, I'll be ringing Magnet this week to enquire further.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Is the Magnet prices excl vat?
    I got my second bill now, and it is like 75 eur per month, 24 mb connection.
    When i ordered, it was 55 eur inc. line rental?

We had calls for 5 euros, and then the broadband charges for august, total 75 eur.

I already sent email to customer service, but it usually takes several days before they answer.

finnteme wrote: »
    Is the Magnet prices excl vat?
    I got my second bill now, and it is like 75 eur per month, 24 mb connection.
    When i ordered, it was 55 eur inc. line rental?

We had calls for 5 euros, and then the broadband charges for august, total 75 eur.

I already sent email to customer service, but it usually takes several days before they answer.

To be honest this is probably a month and a half's service. If you PM me I can look in.

• Advertisement

To be honest this is probably a month and a half's service. If you PM me I can look in.

Hi, i will send you the email that i sent them 4 days ago. I just got an automated reply (today)
    Thank you for your email to Magnet Residential Technical Support. Your case reference number is 00211820. We will be in contact with you within 72 hours. If your issue is urgent please contact a member of our Customer Services Team directly on 1890 80 90 00. Our offices are open from 9am to 9pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 4pm Saturday and Sunday.

Really fast...

Hi, i will send you the email that i sent them 4 days ago. I just got an automated reply (today)
    Thank you for your email to Magnet Residential Technical Support. Your case reference number is 00211820. We will be in contact with you within 72 hours. If your issue is urgent please contact a member of our Customer Services Team directly on 1890 80 90 00. Our offices are open from 9am to 9pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 4pm Saturday and Sunday.

Really fast...

Looking into this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 arik11

I am considering joining Magnets Fibre to Home services.

Tried to get some of these questions answered by sales but am still confused.
    1. What type of TV Set Top Box do I get?Model?What input out put connectors does it have?
    2. Can I use my own Gigaset Voip system on The above service.
    3. As a new customer is installation free?
    4. As the house is wired for Magnet do I need to pay installation fee for a second set top box if I choose one?
    5. Can I use my own Wifi Cable router with Magnet Fibre to Home.
    Thank you

Looking into this now.

Still no word from customerservice or from Rory..

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 uzala

I am almost ready to take the plunge with Magnet BB.
    There is a Special Offer of Magnet Force 24 24Mb and no sharing.

Which modem do they give you? Is it a modem only, or modem/router? I read somewhere it's a Telsey. Anyone know which model exactly? Can you set up portforwarding on it?

Anyone know where the exchanges are located? I am in the Fairhill area of Cork City.

Still no word from customerservice or from Rory..

:mad:

I PM'd you on this. As advised please PM me if you dont get a response by 3pm.

arik11 wrote: »
    I am considering joining Magnets Fibre to Home services.

Tried to get some of these questions answered by sales but am still confused.
    1. What type of TV Set Top Box do I get?Model?What input out put connectors does it have? Motorola, HDMI and scart connections.
    2. Can I use my own Gigaset Voip system on The above service. Im not sure of this one, may need to escalate.
    3. As a new customer is installation free? Depends on the pack, for all triple play packs the answer is no.
    4. As the house is wired for Magnet do I need to pay installation fee for a second set top box if I choose one? Not necessarily.
    5. Can I use my own Wifi Cable router with Magnet Fibre to Home. Maybe, it depends on the router type.

Thank you

Can I call you to go into more depth?

uzala wrote: »
    I am almost ready to take the plunge with Magnet BB.
    There is a Special Offer of Magnet Force 24 24Mb and no sharing.

Which modem do they give you? Is it a modem only, or modem/router? I read somewhere it's a Telsey. Anyone know which model exactly? Can you set up portforwarding on it?

Anyone know where the exchanges are located? I am in the Fairhill area of Cork City.

Its a telsey router in bridge mode. I can look into the model number if you like.

The exchange location depends on your line. If I can call you I can use the database to find out which one your on and where its located.

Yes, the model number would be useful. Can I set my own preferences and set up portforwarding? I found out about the exchange: it's Churchfield. About 0.5km from my house. Connection should be good.

Anyone using Magnet for P2P or gaming? Magnet won't let you set up port forwarding but they say that they don't block any ports. Anyone have experience with this?

• Advertisement

I PM'd you on this. As advised please PM me if you dont get a response by 3pm.

Thanks, everything is now fixed, there was a billing error in my 2 prev. bills, and i got issued a credit note.

Thanks, everything is now fixed, there was a billing error in my 2 prev. bills, and i got issued a credit note.

no probs.

Can I call you to go into more depth?
    Ok.Thanks.The issue of using my own Voip phone is most important for me.I have the gigaset C475IP , So I need a very definite answer about this.
    Frankly, if Magnet is not blocking ports, there should not be an issue.I can use this with any Broadband provider world wide and Ireland, Would be strange if Magnet has issues with this.

Ok.Thanks.The issue of using my own Voip phone is most important for me.I have the gigaset C475IP , So I need a very definite answer about this.
    Frankly, if Magnet is not blocking ports, there should not be an issue.I can use this with any Broadband provider world wide and Ireland, Would be strange if Magnet has issues with this.

Will advise on this later. Witing for info from the voice team.

It depends is the answer

Our customer service team will give you your SIP Username, Password and proxy details and you can configure your phone yourself.

However some gigasets e.g. those sold by other operators are setup to only work exclusivly and need to have their firmware wiped in order to work with other providers. If you bought it from a shop or internet then it should be fine

But we don't support the installation other than provising the SIP account details

Thanks Rory. i also got a call from a magnet Representative.All OK now.I will call later and order the services.thanks a Mil.

Thanks Rory. i also got a call from a magnet Representative.All OK now.I will call later and order the services.thanks a Mil.

Good stuff. If you need more help just give one of us a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mikebart

Hi, first sorry for my english, its not fluent...

I have a problem with wireless network, I cant set up my router (Asus WL-520GU) to get wireless connection.

Ive got Zyxel 660RU-T1 modem from Magnet and its connected to Asus by WAN cable. I set up wireless network in, but its only local access and I cant open any web page.
    This Zyxel is working well only when is connected by phone line to phone socket.

Before I was a chorus customer and my router worked well with chorus modem.

Can someone help me? How to get access to web pages..?

mikebart wrote: »
    Hi, first sorry for my english, its not fluent...

I have a problem with wireless network, I cant set up my router (Asus WL-520GU) to get wireless connection.

Ive got Zyxel 660RU-T1 modem from Magnet and its connected to Asus by WAN cable. I set up wireless network in, but its only local access and I cant open any web page.
    This Zyxel is working well only when is connected by phone line to phone socket.

Before I was a chorus customer and my router worked well with chorus modem.

Can someone help me? How to get access to web pages..?

Can you PM me your details and we can look in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Kurosaki_

Hi Rory, We have been having horrible connection issues in the last 2~ weeks, the download speeds have been fine but we can't play any online games without getting huge lag and pings. Do you know if there is an issue with the exchange? My friend who lives in this area is also having bad Internet issues (he is with Magnet too) - we are located in Blackpool, Cork. I have tried contacting you guys via phone and e-mail but I feel like nothing is being done at all. Thanks.

Advertisement