Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet broadband

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

SOSTECH wrote: »
    Called magnet Tech support this morning still awaiting a reply from second levels tech.

Keep me up to date via PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 SOSTECH

Will do

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,074 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So basically run the Ruckas router off a separate magnet router and pay them for that also???

Can i use a Zyxel router for this or will i have to by one of Magnets plug and play devices?

You've misunderstood. Leave the Ruckus as is, and put a router of your own between it and your devices. The additional router doesn't have to be from Magnet, just any non-ADSL router.

Hi spear tried that and still no luck!

Still no call from magnet support :eek: .... Some hour that is :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,074 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hi spear tried that and still no luck!

Still no call from magnet support :eek: .... Some hour that is :mad:

What model router was it? Is it collecting an address properly by DHCP?

• Advertisement

Itb was a zyxcel prestige 2000 and yes i even tried nat'ing the IP address with no luck once i plugged in the network cable it just reverted back to the public ip and i could not get access ti it?

Itb was a zyxcel prestige 2000 and yes i even tried nat'ing the IP address with no luck once i plugged in the network cable it just reverted back to the public ip and i could not get access ti it?

The Zyxel should get a public address, but it should remain accessible on it's own internal address on it's internally facing LAN interfaces.

Hmmm .... I will try that again later but once i plugged it in i could not access it!

Thanks alot for you help on this Spear really appreaciated :D

Hmmm .... I will try that again later but once i plugged it in i could not access it!

Thanks alot for you help on this Spear really appreaciated :D

Make sure you have the WAN interface on the router connected to the Ruckus. Once your other devices are connected to the router, you'll need to renew their DHCP licences to get them to collect from the router, rather then the Ruckus.

Ok cool i will try that this evening and let you know how i get on.

Cant believe i have still not heard from the support team at magnet ... I mean i have ever only called them twice and neither of the issues have been resolved by them.

Lucky there connection is is the best around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

I finally got up and running today with magnet , but evening speeds are the same as they were with vodafone , so much for 12:1 contention ratio , perfect stable speeds and ping before 6 pm and after 12 pm not much good for online gaming, only difference is i'm paying more for the same bad connection between the hours of 6 pm to 12 midnight.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

How fast are Magnet with getting the line activated (phone line present but currently no voice or data service on it) and the equipment to the customer?

The third day now with still no reply from magnet tech support :mad:

Rory can you look into this please?

Shammy wrote: »
    I finally got up and running today with magnet , but evening speeds are the same as they were with vodafone , so much for 12:1 contention ratio , perfect stable speeds and ping before 6 pm and after 12 pm not much good for online gaming, only difference is i'm paying more for the same bad connection between the hours of 6 pm to 12 midnight.:mad:

Please stop cross posting, if you PM me your details we can look into the issue.

qwertz wrote: »
    How fast are Magnet with getting the line activated (phone line present but currently no voice or data service on it) and the equipment to the customer?

It all depends on where you are and what your looking for. PM me your details and I can look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

It all depends on where you are and what your looking for. PM me your details and I can look into it.

Woodview, Blackrock. Also, what speed can you do? One of my neighbours in the same are has Magnet (according to the Wifi SSID) so I suppose you can check this in your database.

Thanks,

Michael

qwertz wrote: »

Woodview, Blackrock. Also, what speed can you do? One of my neighbours in the same are has Magnet (according to the Wifi SSID) so I suppose you can check this in your database.

Thanks,

Michael

Can you PM me your home number, Im almost positive you are capable of the up to 24Mb.

Hey Rory,

Recieved a call from tech support today ..... They gave me some great info.

Great service :)

Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭katharinewheel

Is Magnet available in the greenhills area of drogheda?

Also would they be able to active/install a line as I'm pretty sure the house here doesn't have one, and if it does it certainly isn't activated.

Is Magnet available in the greenhills area of drogheda?

Also would they be able to active/install a line as I'm pretty sure the house here doesn't have one, and if it does it certainly isn't activated.

We could offer a broadband only service in Drogheda (you need to orf the line install from eircom).

We could offer the up to 8.1Mb service.

• Advertisement

Sorry, do you mean that the line needs to be installed by eircom?

What the 8.1 service include?

Sorry, do you mean that the line needs to be installed by eircom?

What the 8.1 service include?

1. Yes. Line needs to be installed by eircom

2. The 8.1Mb service includes 800Kb upload and is unlimited. €40 per month and line rental is payable to eircom.

Is it available with phone and tv options?

Is it available with phone and tv options?

It is not. Those services are only available in areas where we have equipment.

Thats not very good value at all. :(

Ah well thanks anyway.

You don't have any plans to develop any services in Drogheda do you?

Thats not very good value at all. :(

Ah well thanks anyway.

Its good for some people, but maybe not for you. We have better offers but unfortunately we just don't have equipment there.
    You don't have any plans to develop any services in Drogheda do you?

Currently no. We will advise should this occur.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Catalyst

HI SOSTECH, did you get your problem resoved? Having the same problem here 50MB FTTH but cant stream to my PS3 as packetfront router keeps assigning public ip addresses on different subnets to by laptop and PS3.

If you could post up your solution that would be really helpful, Thanks!! :)

Catalyst wrote: »
    HI SOSTECH, did you get your problem resoved? Having the same problem here 50MB FTTH but cant stream to my PS3 as packetfront router keeps assigning public ip addresses on different subnets to by laptop and PS3.

If you could post up your solution that would be really helpful, Thanks!! :)

Can I help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Catalyst

Hi Rory,

Yes, I am getting dynamic public ip addresses from different subnets from the packetfront dhcp server can this be changed on the router by magnet tech to only use ips from the same subnet? Also if possible to increase the renewal time?

Unable to network pcs at home as ips keep changing from one subnet to another. Looks like every hour but i cant be sure. Otherwise is there an alternative solutions? 4 Laptops, PS3, Screenplay, 2 mobiles with wireless.

Surprised that no one else is having this problem or maybe there is a solution that i dont know about :)

Thanks

Advertisement