Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet broadband

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Catalyst wrote: »
    Hi Rory,

Yes, I am getting dynamic public ip addresses from different subnets from the packetfront dhcp server can this be changed on the router by magnet tech to only use ips from the same subnet? Also if possible to increase the renewal time?

Unable to network pcs at home as ips keep changing from one subnet to another. Looks like every hour but i cant be sure. Otherwise is there an alternative solutions? 4 Laptops, PS3, Screenplay, 2 mobiles with wireless.

Surprised that no one else is having this problem or maybe there is a solution that i dont know about :)

Thanks

Can you PM me your details and I will persue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Catalyst wrote: »
    Hi Rory,

Yes, I am getting dynamic public ip addresses from different subnets from the packetfront dhcp server can this be changed on the router by magnet tech to only use ips from the same subnet? Also if possible to increase the renewal time?

Unable to network pcs at home as ips keep changing from one subnet to another. Looks like every hour but i cant be sure. Otherwise is there an alternative solutions? 4 Laptops, PS3, Screenplay, 2 mobiles with wireless.

Surprised that no one else is having this problem or maybe there is a solution that i dont know about :)

Thanks

I had to buy a second router to solve it. Was getting no-where with Magnet support, they kept impyling i couldn't enter the password correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I was looking at magnets packages today and interested in getting the 24 MB package for €55 euro a month. I have a phone line port in my house although I don't believe it is currently active and hasn't been since I moved in, although i'm sure the line is new and was installed when the house was re-wired i am unsure weather it is "Active".

I called the sales team and they said the line appears to be active and they will have to call eircom and get them to turn it on which takes 4 days or so, which is fine. Then they will send out my pack which is self install i don't know what this entails but i'd imagine it's just plug in and set up wireless, can someone confirm this?

My worry is that if my line is not active, I do not want to deal with Eircom in getting a new line in as 1. Custom service with them is beyond dreadfull. 2. Turn around time is worst. 3. They will charge to install line probably over €100.

Anybody had anything similar to myself? Or expierince with turn around times from Magnet or activation and equipment?

Irishcrx wrote: »
    I was looking at magnets packages today and interested in getting the 24 MB package for €55 euro a month. I have a phone line port in my house although I don't believe it is currently active and hasn't been since I moved in, although i'm sure the line is new and was installed when the house was re-wired i am unsure weather it is "Active".

I called the sales team and they said the line appears to be active and they will have to call eircom and get them to turn it on which takes 4 days or so, which is fine. Then they will send out my pack which is self install i don't know what this entails but i'd imagine it's just plug in and set up wireless, can someone confirm this?

My worry is that if my line is not active, I do not want to deal with Eircom in getting a new line in as 1. Custom service with them is beyond dreadfull. 2. Turn around time is worst. 3. They will charge to install line probably over €100.

Anybody had anything similar to myself? Or expierince with turn around times from Magnet or activation and equipment?

Can you PM me your details and I will look up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 barracuda546

Hi I used your line checker which said I am eligible to get the "Magnet Swift package" What is this as I cannot find anything on your site about it and does this mean we cannot get magnet force or bolt? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Hi Rory,

Sent you a pm but no reply yet,

Got a text this morning from "Service Prov"

Stating "Dont forget your appt on 30/07/10 at time given, our staff will be working on your order no ?xnbjytsd? and will call up to 3 hours after this, thanks,"

Im assuming that was you guys/eircom contacting me about an appointment to get the phone line set up??

This is the only contact i have received from Magnet/Eircom from days one,

Thanks

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Hi Rory,

Sent you a pm but no reply yet,

Got a text this morning from "Service Prov"

Stating "Dont forget your appt on 30/07/10 at time given, our staff will be working on your order no ?xnbjytsd? and will call up to 3 hours after this, thanks,"

Im assuming that was you guys/eircom contacting me about an appointment to get the phone line set up??

This is the only contact i have received from Magnet/Eircom from days one,

Thanks

Just called now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Just called now.

Thanks for the helpful call,

Much appreciated,

Hi I used your line checker which said I am eligible to get the "Magnet Swift package" What is this as I cannot find anything on your site about it and does this mean we cannot get magnet force or bolt? Thanks

Magnet Swift is an up to 8.1Mb service. Would you like more information. PM me and I will give you a call.

The summary info is;

40 euro per month
    12:1 contention
    800kb upload
    line rental payable to eircom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭terryincork

Recently got the Magnet Force 24..does that package have unlimited downloads?

• Advertisement

Recently got the Magnet Force 24..does that package have unlimited downloads?

Yes, unlimited. We have never invoked our fair usage policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Algernon

Are all packages unlimited?

Do all packages come with free line rental?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 lulz4success

I currently have a 3mb connection with eircom. A short while ago they said my line could only handle 2mb, yet I get speeds of around 2.6mb and my friend who lives around 10 minutes down the road has 7 mb.

The magnet website says I am eligible for the Swift Package, which I understand is 7mb. Is that correct? I curently have a bad SN margin and a bad line attentuation, if that means anything(maybe my filters are crap, again, if that means anything).

If I got this package would my ping stay around the 50-80ms range? I am a constant gamer and wouldn't want that to change.

And what does the "line rental payable to eircom" mean? And how much would I be paying to eircom, if that is the case. I want to know what I would be paying in full for my broadband.

Algernon wrote: »
    Are all packages unlimited?

Do all packages come with free line rental?

It all depends on where your living. Can you give me a PM and I can look into it?

I currently have a 3mb connection with eircom. A short while ago they said my line could only handle 2mb, yet I get speeds of around 2.6mb and my friend who lives around 10 minutes down the road has 7 mb.

The magnet website says I am eligible for the Swift Package, which I understand is 7mb. Is that correct? I curently have a bad SN margin and a bad line attentuation, if that means anything(maybe my filters are crap, again, if that means anything).

If I got this package would my ping stay around the 50-80ms range? I am a constant gamer and wouldn't want that to change.

And what does the "line rental payable to eircom" mean? And how much would I be paying to eircom, if that is the case. I want to know what I would be paying in full for my broadband.

The swift product is re-sold eircom which is a different profile to the 3Mb. It all depends on your lines max speed and each line is different. If you like PM me and I can call you to talk you through it.

The summary details are as such;
    €40 price ex line rental
    Up to 8.1Mb (line dependant)
    12:1 ratio
    Ping is dependant on line quality (and the location of the relavant game server)
    Line rental is €25.36
    Unlimited allowance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Odyss3y

Hello Rory,

I'm a semi-new customer of magnet entertainment and so far I'm not impressed with the level of communication between the customers repersentatives and the technical engineers themselves. It's a serious break down of communication as customers should be allowed to speak with the technical support team rather than some ignorant customer "support" employee who in most cases would rather hang up than have to listen to the oh so important customer. :)

My case is this. On the 15th of July I ordered MagnetBolt package, costing €64.99 per month. I was told my internet would be on and ready once the line was active. Eircom engineer was sent out and arrived on the 25th and activated the line, the engineer himself even said it should be ready by that evening because the line is now active and ready to be used. Later on that evening I wasn't getting anything even though there was a solid green link light.

I called customer service and they told me there was a problem in which an Eircom engineer would need to be sent out to repair the line and that it should be available by the 29th of July. On the 29th of July I called customer services again because of no internet, I was told an engineer had left a note or ticket saying he'd been out and repaired the line which required to be "physically replaced". I was also informed that I will have internet on the 30th of July, customer repersentative at this time assured me that the internet will be up and running 100% on the date mentioned.

Now I should tell you that by this time I was told by customer support that my support was esculated to level 2 support and that I would recieve a phone call by a technical engineer within 24 hours. Now being that the phone call was made before 1500h on the 29th, you would imagine within 24 hours meant by 1500h on the 30th, considering both are working days.(Thursday & Friday) by 1500h on the 30th I had recieved both no phone call and no internet service which was promised to me. I called customer support after 1500h on the 30th and I was informed that he would email level 2 and have them call me asap. Given my current experience with the customer team I asked what time I should expect a call back by, he said 1800h.

Being as paranoid as I was, come 1730h I recieved no call back so I tried calling customer support, I was put on hold for about 10 minutes while I waited to be put through to customer support, no luck. So I called the sales team and asked if anybody from customer support or level 2 support was around, he put me on hold while he went to check and when he came back he informed me that they had all gone home for the long weekend. I'm sure you will agree with me when I say this is completely unacceptable at this point as he told me nobody was due back in work till the Tuesday, 3rd of August.

I waited patiently till the 3rd, which is today. I called up looking for support, 1st person I got through to hung up on me, 2nd person left me on hold for a good 5 minutes before I hung up and called again. 3rd person quite annoyingly told me there's nothing he can do and that he's sorry but they'll have to send out another engineer which could take another 5 working days which if I'm not wrong, is the 10th of August, next Tuesday.

I suppose my question would be, what kind of a FUBAR support are you guys running over there? You've already breached the contract we've agreed on, which is quiet simply void from the 29th onwards.

Kind regards,
    YOUR customer.

Odyss3y wrote: »
    Hello Rory,

I'm a semi-new customer of magnet entertainment and so far I'm not impressed with the level of communication between the customers repersentatives and the technical engineers themselves. It's a serious break down of communication as customers should be allowed to speak with the technical support team rather than some ignorant customer "support" employee who in most cases would rather hang up than have to listen to the oh so important customer. :)

My case is this. On the 15th of July I ordered MagnetBolt package, costing €64.99 per month. I was told my internet would be on and ready once the line was active. Eircom engineer was sent out and arrived on the 25th and activated the line, the engineer himself even said it should be ready by that evening because the line is now active and ready to be used. Later on that evening I wasn't getting anything even though there was a solid green link light.

I called customer service and they told me there was a problem in which an Eircom engineer would need to be sent out to repair the line and that it should be available by the 29th of July. On the 29th of July I called customer services again because of no internet, I was told an engineer had left a note or ticket saying he'd been out and repaired the line which required to be "physically replaced". I was also informed that I will have internet on the 30th of July, customer repersentative at this time assured me that the internet will be up and running 100% on the date mentioned.

Now I should tell you that by this time I was told by customer support that my support was esculated to level 2 support and that I would recieve a phone call by a technical engineer within 24 hours. Now being that the phone call was made before 1500h on the 29th, you would imagine within 24 hours meant by 1500h on the 30th, considering both are working days.(Thursday & Friday) by 1500h on the 30th I had recieved both no phone call and no internet service which was promised to me. I called customer support after 1500h on the 30th and I was informed that he would email level 2 and have them call me asap. Given my current experience with the customer team I asked what time I should expect a call back by, he said 1800h.

Being as paranoid as I was, come 1730h I recieved no call back so I tried calling customer support, I was put on hold for about 10 minutes while I waited to be put through to customer support, no luck. So I called the sales team and asked if anybody from customer support or level 2 support was around, he put me on hold while he went to check and when he came back he informed me that they had all gone home for the long weekend. I'm sure you will agree with me when I say this is completely unacceptable at this point as he told me nobody was due back in work till the Tuesday, 3rd of August.

I waited patiently till the 3rd, which is today. I called up looking for support, 1st person I got through to hung up on me, 2nd person left me on hold for a good 5 minutes before I hung up and called again. 3rd person quite annoyingly told me there's nothing he can do and that he's sorry but they'll have to send out another engineer which could take another 5 working days which if I'm not wrong, is the 10th of August, next Tuesday.

I suppose my question would be, what kind of a FUBAR support are you guys running over there? You've already breached the contract we've agreed on, which is quiet simply void from the 29th onwards.

Kind regards,
    YOUR customer.

Can you PM me your details and I can get to the bottom of this?

Hello Rory,

The private message regarding my customer details has been sent.

Odyss3y wrote: »
    Hello Rory,

The private message regarding my customer details has been sent.

Looking into this now, will update tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Sonz

The Magnet Force 5 / €49.99, what is the upload on that package and is there a cap on it?

Also the Magnet Force 24 / €54.99 is that offer over since it's still on the website?

• Advertisement

Sonz wrote: »
    The Magnet Force 5 / €49.99, what is the upload on that package and is there a cap on it?

Also the Magnet Force 24 / €54.99 is that offer over since it's still on the website?

1. Upload is 512Kb, no cap (never invoked our FUP)

2. Offer still on.

3. Interested? PM me if so.

Looking into this now, will update tomorrow.

Hello Rory,

Any further development?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 imass

Hi,Rory What Speed cen i get in Dundalk ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

imass wrote: »
    Hi,Rory What Speed cen i get in Dundalk ? tel:edit sorry]

imass, i wouldnt post your telephone number here, edit your post

PM Rory instead.

Hi,Rory What Speed cen i get in Dundalk ? ]

We can give you the swift service but the line is not yet in service. In saying this I really would recommend deleting the number.

You really cant be too careful on these things.

Also could everyone who has quoted also delete the number .

how about 10 megs.is possible??

how about 10 megs.is possible??

Not at the moment. We have no equipment there so we can only offer the 8.1Mb.

The service is unlimited.

Hi Rory, how about in Roscommon my frend lookyng? for Internet servise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 DAVE22

Hi rory. can you get broadband without the phone package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 jimmyjimmy09

Hi Rory my upload speed has recently dropped from a steady 75-90kbs to a painful 20-30kbs, I make videos on youtube and cant afford to spend hours waiting for videos to upload, Anything you can do for me ?

Advertisement