Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭MACT1RE

Lads, lads, lads, I should have come back on this before now. I like the idea of the isolate gymsoldier suggested for its low carb content as I'm on a low carb diet and every gram counts. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gymsoldier

jasonf9ace wrote: »
    nice googling?most people do a little research before buying a product,especially if its a product your gonna consume regularly,but i guess your one of the lucky ones where you knew this since you were in nappies i suppose :), my origanal post was that theres no need to pay the extra money really for isolate unless your lactose intolerent or on a strict diet where every gram counts like a bodybuilder pre contest.Whats your great arguement then why the good man should pay extra for isolate?

You must have been thinking of that come back for awhile. Well done ha

MACT1RE wrote: »
    Lads, lads, lads, I should have come back on this before now. I like the idea of the isolate gymsoldier suggested for its low carb content as I'm on a low carb diet and every gram counts. ;)

Thank you MACT1RE, appreciate the positive feedback. Glad I could help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

I was on www.myprotein.com today and wanted to make an order, but when I tried to enter shipping address, it won't let me choose Ireland as country :confused: Does anybody here have experience with ordering from that site? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭jasonf9ace

gymsoldier wrote: »
    You must have been thinking of that come back for awhile. Well done ha
    thanks:D, yet you still fail to contribute by giving an argument except pass sly remarks :p

• Advertisement

dorgasm wrote: »
    I was on www.myprotein.com today and wanted to make an order, but when I tried to enter shipping address, it won't let me choose Ireland as country :confused: Does anybody here have experience with ordering from that site? Thanks.
    were the prices in pound or euro cos it could simply be you just have to click the irish flag on the top right of the screen before you make your order

MACT1RE wrote: »
    if you say so but i dont think a couple of grams matter and if they do im sure you could cut it out some place else in your diet but hey what to do i know :rolleyes:, if you want the lowest carb then http://www.myprotein.com/ie/products/impact-whey-isolate is pretty good aswell 0.2g of carb per serving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 1992kingsley

just a quick question if anyone could help

does nitric oxide supps products just make the blood stay longer in the muscles longer or does it actually help in terms of strenght gains?

i have tried researching and have found conflicting opinions:eek:

and if you cycle off it will the gains go away?

thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

just a quick question if anyone could help

does nitric oxide supps products just make the blood stay longer in the muscles longer or does it actually help in terms of strenght gains?

i have tried researching and have found conflicting opinions:eek:

and if you cycle off it will the gains go away?

thanks in advance!

It gives you a pump and thats it, there are no proven strength or size gains from it afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 THE BUL

Was training flat out during the summer but due to college i cudnt in september to xmas. Now im bak and still have a good bit of strength, on whey but want to trim up, should i just take a nox and hit the weights or l carnitine ??:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭theKramer

Has anyone tried Vitargo from Bulkpowders.co.uk?
    Seems to be good value in comparison to NutritionX's Elite MRM.

Do the components look to be ok? I take the NutritionX stuff at the mo, but its pretty expensive....

theKramer wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Vitargo from Bulkpowders.co.uk?
    Seems to be good value in comparison to NutritionX's Elite MRM.

Do the components look to be ok? I take the NutritionX stuff at the mo, but its pretty expensive....

Will Brink recommends Vitargo or Dextrose post-training, so either one would be a good choice.

theree protein is ok make sure its flavoured tho, all of the rest arganine, crea, hmb etc is all unflavoured and youll need to mix it with something nice, havent tried vitargo seems good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

jasonf9ace wrote: »
    if you say so but i dont think a couple of grams matter and if they do im sure you could cut it out some place else in your diet but hey what to do i know :rolleyes:, if you want the lowest carb then http://www.myprotein.com/ie/products/impact-whey-isolate is pretty good aswell 0.2g of carb per serving.

Those figures are for the unflavoured version - if flavoured can be according to the website 8% less protein if chocolate.

I agree that a few grams is not a big deal. For example a decent flavoured 80% will have 6-7grams of carbs per 100g so at 300g whey per day still less than 20g carbs which imo is not a lot. Not many would take 300g whey per day for that matter either.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

Is there anywhere in Dublin selling RAM over the counter? I know its easy to get online but need it tomorrow. (Long story)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Is there anywhere in Dublin selling RAM over the counter? I know its easy to get online but need it tomorrow. (Long story)

Fighting Fit on camden street normally have it in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Anyone know where to get this supplement in Dublin (south/city center) and what sort of price I'd be looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

These lads are in terenure, i have no idea if thats in the south or the city but 35 beans is cheap!

http://www.discountsupplements.ie/workout-energy-usplabs-jack3d-250g-p-182.html

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gaherne

universal nutrition in dun laoghaire or dundrum have it

http://www.universalnutrition.ie/viewproduct/292

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

IS the NutritionX Big Whey any good? It's not too much of a drive to get it and it's only about 10-15 euro cheaper than getting some of myprotein.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Brilliant, both are very close to me.

Thanks lads :)

is this product any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Do myprotein.com take laser? Are there any good places on cork that have good whey protein for decent value? Im in college and dont really have an address.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭tommy57

Do myprotein.com take laser? Are there any good places on cork that have good whey protein for decent value? Im in college and dont really have an address.

no man they only take credit cards .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

How do you not have an address?

If it's one of the student villages then get it delivered to reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

hi guys just a quick question about kinetica protein.
    it says on the tub to us 3 scoops of the powder in 200ml of water, the scoop in the tub is fairly big(200ml) and looks like a lot in the bottle, is 3 of these scoops or have i got it completely wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

normal scoops are 70ml I think and contain ~25-30g whey, 200 ml sounds like a lot. Maybe that's the water scoop? :)

actually whats the details of that kinetica is it nice heard mixed reports.. how much prot etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

rocky wrote: »
    normal scoops are 70ml I think and contain ~25-30g whey, 200 ml sounds like a lot. Maybe that's the water scoop? :)

i was thinking its a water scoop alright but i had a dig around and there is no other scoop in the tub.
    if normal scoops are 70 ml its not too big a problem as a full 200ml scoop aint far off 210ml(70x3)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

200 ml in whey at once is too much

Advertisement