Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

I bought a tub of Nutrition X Ultimate All-in-One Plain/Vinilla flavour, and I find it absolutely digusting...I thought I had bought a tub of it before, but this stuff isnt the same. It must of been a different product I had before.

Is it meant to have bits of black stuff in it?
    Is there anything I mix through it to get rid of the foul taste?
    Choclate powder or something?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    I bought a tub of Nutrition X Ultimate All-in-One Plain/Vinilla flavour, and I find it absolutely digusting...I thought I had bought a tub of it before, but this stuff isnt the same. It must of been a different product I had before.

Is there anything I mix through it to get rid of the foul taste?
    Choclate powder or something?

Thanks.

If you are not worried about calories then nesquik?

john_cappa wrote: »
    If you are not worried about calories then nesquik?

no not worried, great shout there.

do you know if its meant to be that foul?

no not worried, great shout there.

do you know if its meant to be that foul?

I doubt it is. Given that its an all in one with plenty of carbs (i.e sugar) then it should taste pretty tasty I would have thought.

Does it taste bad? as in gone off?

Or do you just dislike the flavour?

I doubt it is. Given that its an all in one with plenty of carbs (i.e sugar) then it should taste pretty tasty I would have thought.

Does it taste bad? as in gone off?

Or do you just dislike the flavour?

ya I find it horrible, undrinkable nearly. I had a nutrition x product before in vinilla and it was grand, that why this stuff suprised me. It has flecks of black stuff through it, not sure if this is the norm..think im going to bring it back and see if its off or what.

• Advertisement

It shouldnt be that bad! All in ones are generally fairly nice. I would return it.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

Mellor wrote: »
    The problem with boosters etc, is how do you know for sure.

So if your popping booster X for a month, you have to be training pretty hard and esting lots too. If at the end you show some gains, you have no way of knowing if it was a test boost, or just hard work. It obviously won't boost it to steroids levels, so gains are going to be reasonable.

Also, you could test levels, but does anyone actually do that.

Well, even if it "works", if you didn't notice a clear difference when using it, then who cares?
    If something actually boosts your test levels for real, you would definitely know about it after a few weeks. If you have to ask yourself or wonder, just take it that it didn't work.

Any effects are either going to be sgnificant or insignficant. You should obviously be coming from a position where you're consistent enough to notice the diff.

These test boosters do not work. No chance. Zero. There will be no measurable impact from using these.

At best they may cause you to train a little harder and more consistently (as you have invested in them and dont want to waste them) and eat a little better. This may lead to gains you mistakenly attribute the the test booster.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DARCHA22

Thanks.

yes, vanilla seeds/plant is black

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

Has anybody received the promised 10% discount code for the MP Irish site? It was in an email I received on October 4th:
    10% discount voucher - as a big thank you from us for being one of our first Irish customers, we will be sending you in the next few weeks an exclusive discount code just for you. This code will give you 10% off your next 5 orders on the new website, making our low prices even lower!

Also, I have 1400 MP points on the UK site (£14). Will this be converted to euro ~€16 or will they leave it at 1400 pts?

I emailed them on Friday morning and haven't heard anything yet.

I want to put in an order soon!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭jasonf9ace

choons wrote: »
    Has anybody received the promised 10% discount code for the MP Irish site? It was in an email I received on October 4th:

Also, I have 1400 MP points on the UK site (£14). Will this be converted to euro ~€16 or will they leave it at 1400 pts?

No i didnt even get an email about any 10 per cent off.And the 1400 mp points will equal €14 not €16.I sent an email complaining about it and they said theyd look into it...

nope, i emailed them sevral times(first one on 8th oct), and they only responded to me after i posted on another forum

they said both issues(10% disc and conversion of points) are being looked at and an official statement will be made to Euro customers soon.

Just buy supps from someone else, cant see any irish person with half a brain ever to use them again.

Have you checked their "new" prices even yet? I assume not considering you are still considering buying from them!

Have you checked their "new" prices even yet? I assume not considering you are still considering buying from them!

I've checked out the new prices:

Impact Whey Protein - 5KG - Unflavoured - €50.99
    Milk Protein Smooth - 1KG - Unflavoured - €18.99
    Creatine Monohydrate - 500G - Unflavoured - €10.59
    Daily Vitamins - 180 TABS - Unflavoured - €4.99
    Instant Oats - 5KG - Unflavoured - €9.99

Total of - €95.55

minus 10% - €86

minus 1400 MP pts (€16) - €70

So in my case, its still a good deal. Hopefully they will pull through with the 10% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Log-on

Hey guys, I wanted to ask a question as I'm a beginner with the suplmemts,
    I was in Westwood yesterday looking and there are so many products and I'm slightly daunted as to what to get, I'm trying to loose weight and bulk up with weight training, I'm 6'2 and doing weights every 2 days, then light card on the other days,

Just wanted to know is there any good deals on whey, creatine and such for smaller ammounts so I can try and make a decision if they help me. I got some of the maxifuel bars and drinks which seem to work for directly after a workout.

The maxifuel tubs seem to have loads of stuff I've never heard of on the tubs as all I know is whey and creatine.

Cheers.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭SpookyBastard

Log-on wrote: »
    Hey guys, I wanted to ask a question as I'm a beginner with the suplmemts,
    I was in Westwood yesterday looking and there are so many products and I'm slightly daunted as to what to get, I'm trying to loose weight and bulk up with weight training, I'm 6'2 and doing weights every 2 days, then light card on the other days,

Just wanted to know is there any good deals on whey, creatine and such for smaller ammounts so I can try and make a decision if they help me. I got some of the maxifuel bars and drinks which seem to work for directly after a workout.

The maxifuel tubs seem to have loads of stuff I've never heard of on the tubs as all I know is whey and creatine.

Cheers.

Mostly cleaning up your diet is a good place to start. If you're diet is alright though and you want to get a supp in to make life easier then basic whey (and, if you want creatine mono) will do the job.
    Whey after workouts is good. Also, you want to be getting about 1 - 1.5g of protein per lb of bodyweight every day. Hard training needs fuel so make sure you're feeding yourself the protein your body needs.

As for specific products, they're mostly the same. Try a couple and see how you like them. You get better deals buying online and there are a bunch of Irish stores with web shops (cheaper than buying in the retail store). You can also look at somewhere like bulkpowders.co.uk if you want to order in from the uk and save more money. Mostly look at how much the supp costs per kilo and how much protein is in 100g. This way you can see which is the best value for you. For example, I wouldn't bother with the maximuscle stuff unless you have the extra cash. The MM supplements are fine and all, just more expensive than others. Next thing is taste, you want to find something that doesn't make you gag :p

Check the following stores. Lots of the products come in small tubs (like 1kg) but you tend to save more buying bigger amounts....

http://www.sportsnutritionireland.ie/home.php
    http://www.nutritionconnection.ie/
    http://www.fitnessireland.ie/
    http://www.discountsupplements.ie/
    http://www.nutritionx.ie/
    http://www.universalnutrition.ie/

Also, to the beginner lots of the supplements can be full of stuff and confusing. Just go for a simple plain whey product and a simple creatine mono product. Beware marketing tricks :p

(On a personal note, I use ON 100% Whey Choc and find it to be a good tasting, well mixing, and ok priced supp (€88 for 5kg)...nowhere near the cheapest but I like the taste and it's not so expensive that I'm considering changing)

Hope this helps :)

Mostly cleaning up your diet is a good place to start. If you're diet is alright though and you want to get a supp in to make life easier then basic whey (and, if you want creatine mono) will do the job.
    Whey after workouts is good. Also, you want to be getting about 1 - 1.5g of protein per lb of bodyweight every day. Hard training needs fuel so make sure you're feeding yourself the protein your body needs.

As for specific products, they're mostly the same. Try a couple and see how you like them. You get better deals buying online and there are a bunch of Irish stores with web shops (cheaper than buying in the retail store). You can also look at somewhere like bulkpowders.co.uk if you want to order in from the uk and save more money. Mostly look at how much the supp costs per kilo and how much protein is in 100g. This way you can see which is the best value for you. For example, I wouldn't bother with the maximuscle stuff unless you have the extra cash. The MM supplements are fine and all, just more expensive than others. Next thing is taste, you want to find something that doesn't make you gag :p

Check the following stores. Lots of the products come in small tubs (like 1kg) but you tend to save more buying bigger amounts....

http://www.sportsnutritionireland.ie/home.php
    http://www.nutritionconnection.ie/
    http://www.fitnessireland.ie/
    http://www.discountsupplements.ie/
    http://www.nutritionx.ie/
    http://www.universalnutrition.ie/

Also, to the beginner lots of the supplements can be full of stuff and confusing. Just go for a simple plain whey product and a simple creatine mono product. Beware marketing tricks :p

(On a personal note, I use ON 100% Whey Choc and find it to be a good tasting, well mixing, and ok priced supp)

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for that that Reply, Really Really good. Just what i wanted to know. I Was looking onlne and was thinking of ordering a few different samples from
    http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/impact_blend_(sample)
    as they actually do them,

So Just Whey and Creatine mono? Is there any difference between the Whey milks and the powder bar the obviously?

Also I saw in Westwood today the MM Stimulant stuff,
    Is it just basic caffine in that type of stuff for prework out etc?

Cheers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭SpookyBastard

Yeah, from the products I've seen the pre-workout stuff is mostly some sugar, protein and taurine. Will Heffernan had a good post here on pre and post workout nutrition (lemme see if I can find a link to it).

Myself, I get protein in as part of my before training meal. The I have an isotonic sports drink with me in the gym (you could possibly even put some unflavoured whey in that to get some protein during training). I find the water and sugar keeps me going (I do almost 2 hours in the gym... good hours too, no 5 min rest periods :p). The after training I get a whey and carb shake in (I mix my own shakes so that they have a little more carbs in)

There are lots of pills and potions for all sorts of stuff but as a beginner you're probably best sticking to the big two. If you're taking Creatine you'll probably be taking a serving a bit before the gym and directly after on training days (and morning and evening on non training days). Don't pay any attention to 'loading phases' :p

I prefer the shakes to the bars, the bars and flapjacks I've tried have been iffy tasting and also more expensive per g of protein.

EDIT: Found the link (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67563426&postcount=39) it's in the Fitness; The Basics thread which I should have pointed you to in my first post. Give it a read :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ON vanila ice-cream is the worst i've had yet.
    And now I have a whoel tub to get through.
    Plus for some reason its 5.15 lbs instead of 5lbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/sports-supplements-whey-protein-ids-multi-pro-whey-isolate-blend-2-27kg#product_details

Thinking of getting this. Would probably buy 4 tubs anyways for me and a friend which makes it possibly the best price for isolate or even regular concentrate I've found so far. Obviously on sale atm of course.

• Advertisement

I'm trying to lose weight and bulk up with weight training,

Huh??

Which one yo want to do, lose or gain

Lose weight= reduce your weight
    Bulk = increase your weight

Lose weight, (Keep lifting heavy,reduce calories, reduce carbs, keep protein high & fats moderate, use a fat burner(not essential))

Bulk, (Eat loads, lift heavy, lots of protein, carbs, fats, no need for cardio)

Supps to use, before you get anything sort out your diet.

Lose weight= Whey protein, fat burner(both not essential but may help)

Bulk= Food, food and more food. Whey protien, Creatine, Weight gainer if you cant get enough food into you. (Lots of milk, eggs, meat, veg, oats, pasta, rice.)

Remember supplements are dietary supps, they supplement your diet(e.g. whey is food, helps you get more protein into your diet through a shake)

Firstly you need to decide what you wanna do, lose weight or gain weight.

DARCHA22 wrote: »
    Huh??

Which one yo want to do, lose or gain

Lose weight= reduce your weight
    Bulk = increase your weight

Lose weight, (Keep lifting heavy,reduce calories, reduce carbs, keep protein high & fats moderate, use a fat burner(not essential))

Bulk, (Eat loads, lift heavy, lots of protein, carbs, fats, no need for cardio)

Supps to use, before you get anything sort out your diet.

Lose weight= Whey protein, fat burner(both not essential but may help)

Bulk= Food, food and more food. Whey protien, Creatine, Weight gainer if you cant get enough food into you. (Lots of milk, eggs, meat, veg, oats, pasta, rice.)

Remember supplements are dietary supps, they supplement your diet(e.g. whey is food, helps you get more protein into your diet through a shake)

Firstly you need to decide what you wanna do, lose weight or gain weight.

I idealy want to bulk up for a month or two then try loose weight and keep the muscle.

Is it possile to do anything to gain muscle and deplete fat at the same time or are they just separate processes?

I idealy want to bulk up for a month or two then try loose weight and keep the muscle.

Is it possile to do anything to gain muscle and deplete fat at the same time or are they just separate processes?

a month or two, you might wanna do it longer than that

you will get some fat, or you could go on a lean bulk +250 cals extra a day ish

you shouldnt really try to bulk until ur body fat % is decent, otherwise you will have a harder longer job gettin cut again.

Pick one goal and stick with it

I got an email today from Myprotein with the 10% discount code.

I put an order in there. As far as I'm concerned, its still the cheapest option.

If anybody can find 5kg whey for under €50, please let me know! :rolleyes:

I got an email today from Myprotein with the 10% discount code.

I put an order in there. As far as I'm concerned, its still the cheapest option.

If anybody can find 5kg whey for under €50, please let me know! :rolleyes:

All well and good mate, they finally gave people the 10%

Only thing is most of the stupid site dosent work

I said to myself "maybe i will use up all my points + 10% discount and get some fish oil caps and maybe the larger tub of alpha men and then im done with them"

Cant choose quantities on anything i would be remotly interested in using my points on, what a joke of a site!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

a month or two, you might wanna do it longer than that

you will get some fat, or you could go on a lean bulk +250 cals extra a day ish

you shouldnt really try to bulk until ur body fat % is decent, otherwise you will have a harder longer job gettin cut again.

Pick one goal and stick with it

CHeers for that, I guess Ill try lose weigth first so its not harder if i bulk up later in the year,

Is it normal to be hungry alot more after the weight training, I Started in the gym last week and since ive been going and doing the weights properly
    I seem to get hungry the next day also, Alot more then i usually would be, I'm usually grand around 10pm but for the last few days i have dinner around 8 and i'm hungry again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 curiouschap

All well and good mate, they finally gave people the 10%

Only thing is most of the stupid site dosent work

I said to myself "maybe i will use up all my points + 10% discount and get some fish oil caps and maybe the larger tub of alpha men and then im done with them"

Cant choose quantities on anything i would be remotly interested in using my points on, what a joke of a site!!

I am new to this site but would like some advice on fish oils, what are the best ones to buy and where? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Hanley wrote: »

Just ordered it last night so if you wait off a little while til it comes I'll let you know what its like.

http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/sports-supplements-whey-protein-sci-mentor-premium-whey-2-25kg

this also seems to be a good price. Anything in their special offers section has a pretty hefty reduction.

Advertisement