Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Available here Via paypal

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/tm.aspx?high=&m=4089182&mpage=1#4089182

Muscle Finnese also do them.

Not cheap but very handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

shoutman wrote: »
    Hey
    Does anyone know of a product/box that you can store supplements for the gym?

Let me try to explain:
    I usually use pulse 30 mins before the gym, and then protein/recovory supplement after the gym. I don't like having to carry around the bulky tubs which these usually come in.
    Also I only carry one shaker with me too.

So does anybody know of a simple device to help with my problem?

I usually pre mix my whey, creatine & glutamine into sealable sandwich bags and throw these into my gym bag. Then at the end of a workout just fill the shaker with 450ml of cold water, add the contenst of a sandwich bag and shake. Easy peasy ;)

M

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭SpookyBastard

I do the same as BB, I use little zip-lock bags for the powder. I put them both inside the shaker in case they open en route to the gym (hasnt happened yet but..) then mix with water as needed. It works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

A house mate had a shaker with an unscrewable base, so you could put on mix in there and another inside. It also had a removable ice pack typr core to keep it cold.

Where did she get it, celebrity slim :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

Is there a reason why people don't just put the powder in the shaker and then add water in the gym?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

agentgreen wrote: »
    Is there a reason why people don't just put the powder in the shaker and then add water in the gym?

Depending on the brand of protein used, some can turn quite lumpy if the water is added after the protein powder.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭SpookyBastard

The lumpy thing is an issue and also if you take more than 1 supp (one pre, one post for example) then you need somewhere other than the shaker to keep the post workout supp.

(Also, a personal pet hate of mine (which is kind of sad really) is when you put the powder in the shaker first and then add water a bunch of the powder sticks to the bottom of a shaker and will not shake free, leaving a gunky mess on the bottom of the shaker. If you put the water in first then this doesn't happen and all the powder mixes.)

did you miss the question/
    shoutman wrote: »
    Hey
    Does anyone know of a product/box that you can store supplements for the gym?

Let me try to explain:
    I usually use pulse 30 mins before the gym, and then protein/recovory supplement after the gym. I don't like having to carry around the bulky tubs which these usually come in.
    Also I only carry one shaker with me too.

So does anybody know of a simple device to help with my problem?
    B-Builder wrote: »
    Depending on the brand of protein used, some can turn quite lumpy if the water is added after the protein powder.
    This is true also, but not the csse here.

Oh and Spooky, that wrecks my head too. My current protein is having that issue. Back to my regualr (ON) next time.
    It's especially bad if you train in the morning, as i train at 7am, work all day, get home around 7pm, make dinner, forget about shaker, and have to sort it in the morning, stinky

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

The lumpy thing is an issue and also if you take more than 1 supp (one pre, one post for example) then you need somewhere other than the shaker to keep the post workout supp.

(Also, a personal pet hate of mine (which is kind of sad really) is when you put the powder in the shaker first and then add water a bunch of the powder sticks to the bottom of a shaker and will not shake free, leaving a gunky mess on the bottom of the shaker. If you put the water in first then this doesn't happen and all the powder mixes.)

To solves that lumpy bottom, just make sure you give the shaker a vigorous shake before adding water to de-compact the powder, then after you add the water shake it and smack the bottom hard against your hand/a wall to free it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Limousine Fred

Hey. I have just started taking hurricane xs and was wondering about people's opinions of it? The daily dose is 2 scoops twice daily and as I got it ultimately to save money if I take that dosage it'll be gone in no time. I'm halving the dose on non training days. Has anyone else done something similar?? Sorry if this is a repeat post!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭jasonf9ace

Hey. I have just started taking hurricane xs and was wondering about people's opinions of it? The daily dose is 2 scoops twice daily and as I got it ultimately to save money if I take that dosage it'll be gone in no time. I'm halving the dose on non training days. Has anyone else done something similar?? Sorry if this is a repeat post!!
    I never tried hurricane xs but it basically just has oats,whey protein and creapture if you ultimitaley want to save money but still want gains id recommend buying them seperately like myself as most all in one products are over priced.If you do heres what id buy ultra fine oats,whey protein and creatine monohydrate instead of creapture.The creatine mono is cheaper than creapture and the differents is mono is 99% pure and creapture is 99.99% pure so its up to you if you want to pay the extra for creapture thats your choice.Also the mono is tasteless unlike creapture.Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DARCHA22

creapture?

its creapure

take the hurricane once a day or just after workout, no need to take twice a day

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Limousine Fred

jasonf9ace wrote: »
    I never tried hurricane xs but it basically just has oats,whey protein and creapture if you ultimitaley want to save money but still want gains id recommend buying them seperately like myself as most all in one products are over priced.If you do heres what id buy ultra fine oats,whey protein and creatine monohydrate instead of creapture.The creatine mono is cheaper than creapture and the differents is mono is 99% pure and creapture is 99.99% pure so its up to you if you want to pay the extra for creapture thats your choice.Also the mono is tasteless unlike creapture.Hope this helps.
    Cheers! Think I'll go for for the impact whey and l - glutamine next time.

The creatine mono is cheaper than creapture and the differents is mono is 99% pure and creapture is 99.99% pure so its up to you if you want to pay the extra for creapture thats your choice.Also the mono is tasteless unlike creapture.Hope this helps.

I think creapure is just a name for a paticular brand of mono.
    Also, the fact that you mentioned that its tasteless (unlike mono) means that it couldn't be 99.99% as soemthing is obviously added for taste.

from the creapure website

Creapure® is the premium brand for creatine worldwide. When it comes to manufacturing creatine, no other brand combines the three pillars of quality the way Creapure® does:
    • careful selection of raw materials
    • high-performance technology thanks to sophisticated process engineering under GMP conditions
    • precise chemical analysis
    This is how we make sure Creapure® is as effective and safe as possible.
    Creapure® is a registered trademark and a registered logo, standing for high-quality pure creatine (monohydrate).

The manufacturing conditions and handling of raw materials are both crucial factors for determining the quality of creatine monohydrate. Inferior raw materials or, for example, a too-rapid reduction in the amount of water during "recrystallization" results in higher values, and therefore larger amounts, of creatinine, dicyandiamide, and dihydrotriazine.
    > Quality Management > Consumer Protection
    The specification of Creapure® is subject to strict requirements. Creapure® is tested for impurities using high pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC).
    Typical analytical values for Creapure®:

Creatine monohydrate: min. 99.95%
    Creatinine: < 67 ppm (below the limit of detection)
    Dicyandiamide (DCD): < 30 ppm
    Dihydrotriazine (DHT): not detectable

Creapure® has been studied extensively and no toxic effects were determined by any of these tests. All of the studies were carried out on Creapure® in accordance with internationally accepted guidelines and standards (FDA and EU) under GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) conditions.
    Furthermore, numerous animal and human trials were commissioned to test the safety of Creapure® as a supplement. In addition to the classic toxicological tests, Creapure® was investigated in more than 50 clinical trials. People of all ages tested Creapure® in sports and non-sports applications over a period of more than 21 months without experiencing any side-effects.
    Because other creatine manufacturers use different manufacturing processes, and therefore have different purity profiles, only Creapure® has this proven safety profile.
    Creatine—the focus of more than 300 scientific studies—is now one of the most extensively researched dietary supplements in the field of sports nutrition. Creatine supplementation has become a common practice among professional, elite, collegiate, and amateur athletes for enhancing performance.

Mellor wrote: »
    Also, the fact that you mentioned that its tasteless (unlike mono) means that it couldn't be 99.99% as soemthing is obviously added for taste.

Both are tasteless, that jason fella obviously hasnt a clue what he is on about, sure he keeps callin it CREAPTURE

Mellor wrote: »
    ya it is a brand from germany but its supposedly more pure but i dont really see the differents.Theres not so much of a taste but more of a gritty feeling when mixed with kind of a powdery taste kind of hard to explain you have to take it to see for yourself:)

DARCHA22 wrote: »
    TBH, i'd take anything they say about competitors with a pinch of salt.
    Also, its not to scale, no units so it means nothing.
    ya it is a brand from germany but its supposedly more pure but i dont really see the differents.Theres not so much of a taste but more of a gritty feeling when mixed with kind of a powdery taste kind of hard to explain you have to take it to see for yourself:)
    You missing my point.
    You said its more pure (which means nothing btw) than mono.
    I was pointing out that it IS mono,

Creapure - 21.95/kg
    Creatine mono - 13.95/kg

The mono is listed as being 100% creatine monohydrate, even assuming that is actually around 99%. So creapure is slightly stronger (pure is a marketing word imo). So its 50% dearer for <1% more per kilo.
    I rather just buy more of the mono tbh, if you really want the tiny bit extra, put a few extra grain in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Was gonna order some caseinate from myprotein.co.uk - only thing it is unflavoured. Could I just add cocoa powder to it for flavouring?

• Advertisement

Creapure is not just about being more pure

Its emphasis is on quality, they test for impurities, they use proper manufactruing processes, high qualith raw materials etc(bigger picture than just the word pure)

Creatine is Creatine full stop, Creapure is just the one creatine that is clear cut and has little or no impurities in it. Cheap creatine is still 100% creatine mono, its just carries some of the unwanted impurities.

At the end of the day its creatine, wether you buy creapure or normal cheap mono is up to the customer.

Creapure aint that expensive anyway.

Was gonna order some caseinate from myprotein.co.uk - only thing it is unflavoured. Could I just add cocoa powder to it for flavouring?

yes

Also anyone recommend somewhere to order for continental europe. Im in Utrecht in Nederlands

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I use cocoa + crushed sweetener tablets. Nom nom nom. (I crush them between two spoons). Cocoa + casein on its own would probably be a bit bitter.

edit: On where to order from; Try bulkpowders.co.uk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 seanmal

Has anyone here tried PVL Iso-Gold whey isolate?

DARCHA22 wrote: »
    Cheap creatine is still 100% creatine mono, its just carries some of the unwanted impurities.

If there are impurities, then it isn't 100% mono

seanmal wrote: »
    Has anyone here tried PVL Iso-Gold whey isolate?
    the sites based in canada so im guessing you would be paying tax and also it says it only ships to canadian addresses on the top left of the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

I've used ZMA quite a lot. I don't think it has any effect on testosteone whatsoever but it does generally perform its advertised function of helping you sleep more soundly. I've no trouble sleeping through lots of noise and stuff using it.

Haven't tried Tribulus on it's own but have heard it's equally useless, unless maybe you need wood. I went through a bottle of MHP T-bomb which is suppose to have tribulus in it too and that was a useless waste of money as far as I could tell.

Look elsewhere, I'd say. Let me know if you find anything that does work for testosterone...

• Advertisement

Look elsewhere, I'd say. Let me know if you find anything that does work for testosterone...
    The problem with boosters etc, is how do you know for sure.

So if your popping booster X for a month, you have to be training pretty hard and esting lots too. If at the end you show some gains, you have no way of knowing if it was a test boost, or just hard work. It obviously won't boost it to steroids levels, so gains are going to be reasonable.

Also, you could test levels, but does anyone actually do that.

Advertisement