Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Hanley wrote: »

Suppose to taste like sh*t, had a look at it before but after reading some review I didn't bother ordering it

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DARCHA22

Hanley wrote: »

Yes, tastes nice (choc)
    Decent product, very popular. I like the nutrisport range

Log-on wrote: »
    CHeers for that, I guess Ill try lose weigth first so its not harder if i bulk up later in the year,

Is it normal to be hungry alot more after the weight training, I Started in the gym last week and since ive been going and doing the weights properly
    I seem to get hungry the next day also, Alot more then i usually would be, I'm usually grand around 10pm but for the last few days i have dinner around 8 and i'm hungry again.

yep its normal to be hungry, get plenty of fibre and you wont get as hungry throughtout the day

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

Just ordered it last night so if you wait off a little while til it comes I'll let you know what its like.

I'd be curious to hear how it works out, it seems to be stocked in a few places and it's pretty much the cheapest I've come across, unless it's truly awful the taste rarely bothers me.

I am new to this site but would like some advice on fish oils, what are the best ones to buy and where? thanks

Google:
    Simpky supplements
    Purtians Pride(uk site)
    Healthspan

The first two have very good offers, Buy one get one free, and purtians do buy 2 get 3 free, thats 5 tubs for the price of 2.

• Advertisement

http://www.predatornutrition.com/pd-whey-isolate-5kg-600g-creatine-free.cfm

this is also nice in choc, and has 600g free creatine

5kg of isolate for 62euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Just ordered it last night so if you wait off a little while til it comes I'll let you know what its like.

http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/sports-supplements-whey-protein-sci-mentor-premium-whey-2-25kg

Avoid....like the plague!

john_cappa wrote: »
    Avoid....like the plague!

Yeh i heard its awful stuff, even though they have "improved the flavour"

"improved the flavour" - usually means change the packaging and add some sugar

DARCHA22 wrote: »
    "improved the flavour" - usually means change the packaging and add some sugar

They did the opposite actually lol ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

Got some whey protein this morning. It says on the back to take 30 mins before exercise and between meals. My plan was to only take it after my workout as ive heard that before. Question is which is the better to do? Im doing 30mins with dumbells.

• Advertisement

Predator_ wrote: »
    Got some whey protein this morning. It says on the back to take 30 mins before exercise and between meals. My plan was to only take it after my workout as ive heard that before. Question is which is the better to do? Im doing 30mins with dumbells.

This is the problem with buying suppliments for the sake of it and then going off the back of the tub. How do they know when you need it? they dont....

For you i would suggest taking after working out for starters. Then look at your overall diet. Is there any meal you have that doesnt really have a protein source with it? If so then a protein shake will do no harm at all.

No point taking it for the sake of it!

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Hey, does anyone know where you can buy egg whites in Dublin? I know I could just buy eggs, but too much effort sepparating the yolk, plus I find it too hard to throw the yolk away!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

Pretty sure I've seen them in 500ml cardboard juice type containers in Dunnes, I saw them in Dunnes Cornerlscourt a couple of weeks ago i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 willyg

thehamo wrote: »
    Hey, does anyone know where you can buy egg whites in Dublin? I know I could just buy eggs, but too much effort sepparating the yolk, plus I find it too hard to throw the yolk away!:P

A baker might help you, they only use whites in pavalovas and i also think there is a gadget you can buy to seperate the white from the yoke

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Nutrition X's Big Whey used to always come in a 6lb tub and now for some reason they have decided to change it to a 5lb tub, anyway I managed to pick up a 5lb tub of this for 42euro i thought it was good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Lookign for PEA, any one know where to get it in Ireland. cant find it in local health stores. Its short for PhenylEthyAmine (excuse spelling).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Could someone recommend some brands of protein that represent good value for money. I've tried Maximuscle and found it grand if a little over-priced and I've tried Bulk Powders, which I found fine but couldn't drink it in anything other than a smoothie.
    At the moment I'm looking at a few sites but am a little overwhelmed with choice. Am I putting too much consideration into this?

Also, what are peoples opinions on White Flood from Controlled Labs?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭tommy57

Diceicle wrote: »
    Could someone recommend some brands of protein that represent good value for money. I've tried Maximuscle and found it grand if a little over-priced and I've tried Bulk Powders, which I found fine but couldn't drink it in anything other than a smoothie.
    At the moment I'm looking at a few sites but am a little overwhelmed with choice. Am I putting too much consideration into this?

Also, what are peoples opinions on White Flood from Controlled Labs?

myprotein.co.uk s good for supplements that are good and cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Nutrition X is my supp of choice at the moment.
    2 x 5pm tubs for 80 euro and a free shaker plus free delivery in Ireland.

Choc mint is savage tasting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

i'm trying to keep my weight up for rugby so looking for a good shake for after training, matches and gym, thinking of something like cyclone except cheaper if any of ye know of anything, i was taking mega pump before gym sessions for creatine and a bit of a buzz but thats nearly gone now so was hoping to get an all in 1 supplement instead of taking my protein creatine and glutamine or whatever else that would help seperately, i dont really want to take anything thats full of carbs either as i will just start eating more porridge pasta and spuds for that, any help appreciated lads
    ormondprop

• Advertisement

ormondprop wrote: »
    i'm trying to keep my weight up for rugby so looking for a good shake for after training, matches and gym, thinking of something like cyclone except cheaper if any of ye know of anything, i was taking mega pump before gym sessions for creatine and a bit of a buzz but thats nearly gone now so was hoping to get an all in 1 supplement instead of taking my protein creatine and glutamine or whatever else that would help seperately, i dont really want to take anything thats full of carbs either as i will just start eating more porridge pasta and spuds for that, any help appreciated lads
    ormondprop

No need to buy something that contains both protein and creatine.
    This kind of product (cyclone for example) costs a lot of money for what you're actually getting.

Just buy some whey protein in a big tub and some creatine mono in as big a tub as you can and take a scoop of protein and a scoop of creatine mono, put them in a shaker, add water, x 3/4 per day and Robert is your mother's brother

If you really want an all in one type supplement, you could do worse than this
    http://www.nutritionx.ie/products/ultimate/

If you want a buzz before training, have a cup of coffee with 3/4 spoons of instant coffee.

This doesnt need to be complicated.
    The simpler the better with supplements in my opinion

hate coffee so thats a no go, i found the mega pump very good and it had creatine so was handy but i'm getting too used to it now and not gettin much of a buzz, so goin to give it a break, what protein and creatine do you recommend and where to buy them for good value, have about 75 euro left on the credit card and its burning a serious hole in my pocket:D
    anyone ever try myprotein hurricane xs

I would have said my protein in the past.
    but now they have put their prices up Im all about Nutrition X

Whey - http://www.nutritionxstore.ie/protein/big-whey-protein

Creatine mono - http://www.nutritionxstore.ie/power-speed-endurance/creatine-monohydrate

Or the Nut X version of Hurricane XS http://www.nutritionxstore.ie/energy-endurance/x-plode-2

hope this helps

i like the look of this stuff, pretty much the same as cyclone except twice as much and cheaper,
    http://www.nutritionxstore.ie/elite-supplements/ultimate
    has anybody here used it before or how did they find it, or am i going to have to buy and find out later

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

I would have said my protein in the past.
    but now they have put their prices up Im all about Nutrition X

Whey - http://www.nutritionxstore.ie/protein/big-whey-protein

Creatine mono - http://www.nutritionxstore.ie/power-speed-endurance/creatine-monohydrate

Or the Nut X version of Hurricane XS http://www.nutritionxstore.ie/energy-endurance/x-plode-2

hope this helps
    That version of Nut X that you use to compare to Hurricane XS is complete rubbish. You should delete it.

Also what is the protein% of Nut X?

Esse85 wrote: »
    That version of Nut X that you use to compare to Hurricane XS is complete rubbish. You should delete it.

I like it.
    Also what is the protein% of Nut X?

as for this question, it works out at 29.5g of protein per 40g scoop so thats 74% or so

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

I like it.

as for this question, it works out at 29.5g of protein per 40g scoop so thats 74% or so
    But its not at all similar to Hurricane XS.Thats my point.

http://www.nutritionxstore.ie/elite-supplements/ultimate
    this is similar to hurricane xs and maximuscle cyclone

But its not at all similar to Hurricane XS.Thats my point.

The figure i gave there was for big whey not xplode II.

Here are the figures from the sites

Hurricane XS
    Per 70g:
    Energy: 901.8kJ
    Energy: 219.3cal
    Protein (as-is): 29.6g
    Carbohydrates: 20.3g
    Fat: 2.5g

Also provides per 70g:
    HMB: 1.5g
    Creapure®: 5g

29.6g in 70g serving is 42%

Xplode II
    Info Per 100g Per 35g serving Energy 1360kj / 325kCal 408kj / 97.5kCal Protein 35.5g 10.6g Carbohydrates 45.8g 13.7g (of which sugars) 21.4g 6.4g Fat NIL NIL (of which saturates) NIL NIL Creatine Ethyl Ester 4285mg 1500mg Creatine Malate 4285mg 1500mg Arginine AKG 8570mg 3000mg Glutamine AKG 8570mg 3000mg Citrulline Malate 4285mg 1500mg
    Protein content here works out as 35.5%
    Xplode II also contains taurine and caffine.

I actually do take the point they arent completely comparable so apologies there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭jasonf9ace

hate to bust your bubble but the big whey on nutrition x has 5g of carbs per serving and nearly 4.5g is sugar not a great protein to be honest and also the creatine is 27 euro for 500 grams where as bulk powders have a 1kg for 13 pounds and my protein do a kg for 18.49euro

Advertisement