Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

Hi,

What are you guys taking PWO? I've being taking RAM and creatine for years, but if there was a My Protein equivelent I'd try that as I am ordering other stuff of them.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭solway

Hi,I was wondering has anyone been taking NutritionX XXX.What are your feelings on this product.Im personally not seeing any great results from it only more farting and have to go to the "toilet alot more". Im training very hard on cardio 3 days a week and doing weights 3-4 days a week. Id do about an hour each day on cardio and an hour each day also at weights.
    My diet is good, i dont drink,i dont eat much s**t food, im drinking 3-4 litres of water a day.
    Maybe its just me but im starting to think this is all a waste of time. I'll be at this for 3 months solid at the end of jan.
    Is there any other direction, where am i going wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 hankerchief

Has anyone tried any of the creatines from myprotein.co.uk. Im not sure which of the three types is the best. Im thinking of get some with my order of impact whey protein.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

agentgreen wrote: »
    Hi,

What are you guys taking PWO? I've being taking RAM and creatine for years, but if there was a My Protein equivelent I'd try that as I am ordering other stuff of them.

Thanks.

+1 any ideas? i dont mind mixing ingredients myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Has anyone tried any of the creatines from myprotein.co.uk. Im not sure which of the three types is the best. Im thinking of get some with my order of impact whey protein.

Thanks

go for the creapure

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 armahurler

hi im just wondering could someone give me so advice, im back playing sport after 18 months out im back training in the gym but would like some advice on how to put muscle and tighten up on my chest n stomach. any drinks or supplements or work outs i should be taking or doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Grape juice is only 69cent per litre in lidl
    http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.wfo.p.Grape_Juice

It is usually ~15% sugars compared to ~11% for most other juices, it seems a popular thing to take with creatine due to the higher sugar content.

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.wfo.p.Grape_Juice

It does say "fruit 100% content", so it could well be a mixture of juices, I hate when they do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

agentgreen wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks.
    Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

1 1/2 scoops whey protein powder mixed with 350mls water and 3-5g og L-Leucine.
    1 x Kre Alkalyn creatine tab
    5 x fish oil tabs

then i;d have a few rice cakes with cottage cheese and a protein flapjack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

Okay I've been using RAM recently and find it really good. A bit expensive though. To make the equivilant do I just need to use my protein and grab a tub of L-gluatimine yeah? Thanks Guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

colman1212 wrote: »
    Okay I've been using RAM recently and find it really good. A bit expensive though. To make the equivilant do I just need to use my protein and grab a tub of L-gluatimine yeah? Thanks Guys.

As far as I know, there aren't any studies to show that a healthy person can absorb glutamine through their gut. All the studies I know of that show its effects were on burn victims with extremely low levels of glutamine in their systems due to their injuries. I'll have to look this up again, so don't take it as gospel.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

Sorry if this has been posted in this thread already but has anyone tried any of the Lucozade supplement and are they any good.

http://www.lucozadeshop.com/products/products/7.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Just had a look at the Protein and it seems VERY expensive for what you're getting...
    I see some of them got good reviews on Mens Health but price wise, there are cheaper alternatives which (IMO) would be just as good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tony12345

Hi, New to this, wondering where is the best place to buy supplements in Ireland online, have previously bought in the states on BB.com as it is cheaper but takes an age. Need a reliable site with fast service. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

tony12345 wrote: »
    Hi, New to this, wondering where is the best place to buy supplements in Ireland online, have previously bought in the states on BB.com as it is cheaper but takes an age. Need a reliable site with fast service. Thanks.

Hi There

Have a look at Irish Lifting. See http://www.irish-lifting.com/supplements-c-2.html?osCsid=a0d49dd4c2d2f222fb909073a4496ffb

Probably about the cheapest Irish source I have found.

Lots of the folks on here also buy from MyProtein in the UK and they all mostly have positive things to say about them. Delivery seems pretty fast also (around 4 days usually from what I gather). Some of the folks on here have discount codes for MyProtein in their signatures.

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/

Best Regards,

M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

B-Builder wrote: »
    Some of the folks on here actually have discount codes for MyProtein in their signatures.

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/

Best Regards,

M

they do!!???!?!:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

they do!!???!?!:eek::eek::eek:

Hi Cardio

Not sure I understand the response :confused:

I was explaining to Tony12345 (who is new to this forum, first post, and so may not have been aware) that he could get a further discount if he chose to go with MyProtein, by checking the signatures of some of the regular posters, such as your good self.

Best Regards,

M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

just jokin M dont worry :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

just jokin M dont worry :P

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

work closely with this company www.amnutrition.ie

cheapest in Ireland for majority of products.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Been going to gyms for many years now and have never seen such a choice of crap weight-gainers on the market as I have in the last 12 months.
    Is this coincidence or wha? Not like going to a gym is somethin' new.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

squod wrote: »
    Been going to gyms for many years now and have never seen such a choice of crap weight-gainers on the market as I have in the last 12 months.

you will notice most of them are exactly the same its not that some are crap or some are better its just that some companies have good marketing departments and some have crap ones

after taste i dont believe there is much difference in bsn's protein and on's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tony12345

Thanks for the advise on myprotein.co.uk site looks great for protein powders but i'm also looking for an effective pre-workout creatine something on the lines of NO-Shotgun etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Lately I've had some problems with lumpy whey from myprotein, not completely lumpy but definitely could be smoother and I'm fairly sure it used to be. Is it just my imagination or has anyone else noticed something similar?

squod wrote: »

Try MHP Up Your Mass or Gaspari Nutrition Weight Gainer. MHP have really good quality stuff in their products and it was the first weight gainer that I responded to well. Mixes with milk easy & adds up to round 850 calories. Has 26g glutamine, 9g of leucine & 7g of arginine as well.
    Much better quality than BSN & ON. 17 servings in it and at only €30 a lot bloody cheaper than the rest of the gainers

Thanks for the advise on myprotein.co.uk site looks great for protein powders but i'm also looking for an effective pre-workout creatine something on the lines of NO-Shotgun etc.

Is it for a heavy weight session or more endurance session?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Lately I've had some problems with lumpy whey from myprotein, not completely lumpy but definitely could be smoother and I'm fairly sure it used to be. Is it just my imagination or has anyone else noticed something similar?

Which protein are you using?? I got a new batch of stuff from them recently and had no problems at all. I'm using the MP Max True Whey blend. It's slightly more expensive than their regular stuff but still a hell of a lot cheaper than most brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/formulas/mp-formulas/pulse-(800g)/

That'll do it, didn't notice the last time, wanted to try it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

mloc wrote: »
    http://www.myprotein.co.uk/formulas/mp-formulas/pulse-(800g)/

That'll do it, didn't notice the last time, wanted to try it.

Gonna be ordering creatine off them next week, might get this stuff to try as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Hanley wrote: »
    Which protein are you using?? I got a new batch of stuff from them recently and had no problems at all. I'm using the MP Max True Whey blend. It's slightly more expensive than their regular stuff but still a hell of a lot cheaper than most brands.

The whey isolate, it doesn't make me feel bloated and I got it on sale....oh.:(

Advertisement