Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

j1974 wrote: »
    hi,

just wanted to add my opinion on this topic.

---crapola----

I dont believe one protein shake is better than the next, they're all the same and have been mixed and agitated and refined that much, you can never tell how much splenda, nesquick, sugar or whatever has been added. they wont kill you, but they just aint good in my opinion. then again thats only my opinion.

You know it is possible for opinions to be completely wrong, not based in fact and essentially void of any scrap of evidence. Saying it's your opinion doesn't shield you from criticism, or somehow make your point valid when, as in this case, you're very, very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

hi,

I'm 13.7lbs at the moment,

I have no real experience with creatine although I do know it was more effective years ago, then what it is now.

have found that protein shakes and gainers drinks are just extra calories obtained by sugar.

you'll often see people become reliant on them, walking round with bad skin, cheezy waists and excessive wind.

they're bad for your kidneys too .

OK - the dietary advice you posted is not actually that bad.

However, in MY opinion the bits above are absolute crap, thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭keezer

keezer wrote: »
    I am new to supplements and i got recomended cyclone, what do you guys think. I do a bit of weights and cardio just to tone up and gain some musccle.

Do you recomend it or what.

Do you recomend it or what.

NO. have a banana and chicken breast (or whey shake) after training. it obviously depends on your stats and diet though. It wont help you to tone up - that will be down to good diet and exercise routine

Thanks for the reply, the thing is i dont like bananna's and im a veggie.

Always complicated.

Think Whey is the best option so.

Stats

Height: 5.8
    Weight: 10. 5 Stone
    Body Fat: 13%

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply, the thing is i dont like bananna's and im a veggie.

Always complicated.

Think Whey is the best option so.

Stats

Height: 5.8
    Weight: 10. 5 Stone
    Body Fat: 13%

how can anybody not like bananas? anyway, yup the whey is the way to go based on those stats..

I Know, theres always somthing with me. Cheers what sort of brand should i be looking at. New to all this so dont know were to be lookin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Parsley wrote: »
    You know it is possible for opinions to be completely wrong, not based in fact and essentially void of any scrap of evidence. Saying it's your opinion doesn't shield you from criticism, or somehow make your point valid when, as in this case, you're very, very wrong.

Troof. That's exactly what I was going to say, but I posted off my iphone earlier and didn't feel bothered enough to type it all out. Glad you did!

I Know, theres always somthing with me. Cheers what sort of brand should i be looking at. New to all this so dont know were to be lookin

i use body fortress from H & B, I only use PWO though. (not cardio) i go to the gym before work so I have ready access to plenty food within 30 minutes of a workout,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭j1974

mloc wrote: »
    FYP

I have no real experience with creatine, if you can read. gainers 1000 fuel, gainers original, complan, mass fuel, ive used and seen them used. they're just sugars, and idiots thisnk theyre healthy protein. you'll end up diabetic, good luck to you. and dont hide behind abreviations either, spell out your remark "FYP" or go tweet in the ladies lounge you *****r!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭j1974

Hanley wrote: »
    OMG.

Isn't one ofbthe rules in the charter to get your facts straight? Protein is sugar now?

you ever taste pure whey??? well it's impossible to drink. your "protein is mixed with sugars and aggitated with flavourings and additives (extra calories, from sugar, along with 30 something grams of protein). and you believe your "big Muscles" are all down to your magic drink. you're only beliving whats on an unregulated label. producers of this stuf pray on the likes of you. without you, they'd have no sportscar or big house etc etc. your probably a smart guy in all other areas of your life but you're naive in this field because you want this to be so true, "oh id be nothing without my protein shakes". all the guys who advertise them and the guys you see in the gyms, with huge bodies are on the gear, wake up and smell your protein farts, it's all bull****. I said my piece in my first post, like it or loathe it, it's true. actually even take a look at the movie "bigger, faster, stronger!!! you'll get some idea of how this industry is so manipulated. you'll cop on one of these days, everyone on this post will in time!! good luck to any on you, who depend on them.

you ever taste pure whey??? well it's impossible to drink. your "protein is mixed with sugars and aggitated with flavourings and additives (extra calories, from sugar, along with 30 something grams of protein). and you believe your "big Muscles" are all down to your magic drink. you're only beliving whats on an unregulated label. producers of this stuf pray on the likes of you. without you, they'd have no sportscar or big house etc etc. your probably a smart guy in all other areas of your life but you're naive in this field because you want this to be so true, "oh id be nothing without my protein shakes". all the guys who advertise them and the guys you see in the gyms, with huge bodies are on the gear, wake up and smell your protein farts, it's all bull****. I said my piece in my first post, like it or loathe it, it's true. actually even take a look at the movie "bigger, faster, stronger!!! you'll get some idea of how this industry is so manipulated. you'll cop on one of these days, everyone on this post will in time!! good luck to any on you, who depend on them.

are you on something? Id say Hanley is not naive at all when it comes to fitness / protein supps etc. So what if the makers of supplements make big bucks, we all have to make a living. seriously, what a load of s**t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭TrueMass

This has to be a joke and now in fairness a funny enough one. You have just listed Gainers which are mostly sugar, there is regulation in the EU, not in the US. I hope i cop on soon.......................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I have no real experience with creatine, if you can read. gainers 1000 fuel, gainers original, complan, mass fuel, ive used and seen them used. they're just sugars, and idiots thisnk theyre healthy protein. you'll end up diabetic, good luck to you. and dont hide behind abreviations either, spell out your remark "FYP" or go tweet in the ladies lounge you *****r!!!

j1974 infracted, & take the next 3 days off to calm down before posting here again. I will not tolerate that kind of personal abuse directed at any member on this forum.

Everyone else attack the post and not the poster, and if you see a post that contravenes the Charter, report it. You're only adding to the mess otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Pavel66

I decided to take the advice of Hanley, Cardio etc and have ordered some whey from myprotein.

I was just buying it off the shelf in Nutrition Connection, but this is miles cheaper - thanks lads!!

The only problem is that now I know it's all sugar, I'm going to have to send the damn stuff back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Pavel66 wrote: »

The only problem is that now I know it's all sugar, I'm going to have to send the damn stuff back :D

What is all sugar?

john_cappa wrote: »
    What is all sugar?

he wasnt serious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

corkcomp wrote: »
    he wasnt serious :D

Yeah just read back a few pages and copped on! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

I decided to take the advice of Hanley, Cardio etc and have ordered some whey from myprotein.

I was just buying it off the shelf in Nutrition Connection, but this is miles cheaper - thanks lads!!

pavel did ya use my code :P james code gets all the loving around here, unfair :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pokerpro

Hi everyone!,
    Huge fan of this forum.

Im using USN igf-1 mainly because of its 40 grams of protein per serving.
    Has anyone else used this brand are there much better products on the market?

Im deep in pre-season training an the moment (squats, lunges and more squats!) an really want to maximise my gains now before the hard slog begins again.

Thanks for your time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Pavel66

Hi Cardio,

I didn't cop on to those codes until after I ordered :mad:

If I had of, I would have definitely used yours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

cheers :P i tried to make mine as obvious as possible, basically used a font larger than everyone else :

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Hi Cardio,

I didn't cop on to those codes until after I ordered :mad:

If I had of, I would have definitely used yours :D

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Anyway ever tried the cheap (I think) whey they have in Holland and Barratt? Looking for some cheap stuff for the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

amacachi wrote: »
    Anyway ever tried the cheap (I think) whey they have in Holland and Barratt? Looking for some cheap stuff for the next while.

Think it might have bad mixability and/or taste, seen it recommended against more often than recommended for. Even on offer the online places are usually cheaper.

Parsley wrote: »
    it's not just lactic acid buildup, far as I know. It's just the H+ ions that result from working muscles. I'm not too sure bout the exact science cos it's a long time since i read up on it but it feckin' works anyway :pac:

I'd order from myprotein.co.uk. Before i used the ON threshold stuff, looked for it in the cork supplement shop but they didn't have it a couple weeks ago, yer man said i'd be better off getting it online.

just bumping this up! beta alanine arrived earlier. Somebody was telling me it shouldnt be mixed with alcohol? not drinking today anyway so doesnt matter too much.
    Im starting the "loading" phase ... 8am tomorrow morning = leg day followed by 20 mins intervals so will see if it makes any difference :p

edit: This s**t WORKS:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Has anyone used these guys before http://www.stcnutrition.co.uk/products.html Their offering 3x 2.25kg tubs of whey for £60 which seems fantastic value.

I've googled them and came across the follow http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/STC-nutrition-m3740152.aspx

The general opinion seems to be that the taste is one of the best and the protein content is 83%.

Note: I am in no way promoting these guys, i have nothing to do with them. Im just interested in a potential good deal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

just to inform ye most cooked eggs have 6g of protein

im always banging on about that, to the annoyance of many:P not knocking eggs but you need to eat 5 whole eggs to get the same protein as a tin of tuna so while they are a good protein source, there are better sources

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭alder

around 7g i'd say and the large ones have 8+. it obviously depends on yolk and white sizes and relation between them. just to remind again, not a whey protein but egg white's protein is the best for human being save for mother's milk ;) therefore i aint convinced to pure whey protein and prefer a complex of whey, caseine and egg protein. as a powder of course.

Advertisement