Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

I am having the same problem.

I have been reading so many mixed reviews the short list i have is

PWO-Shake

1. 45g of whey protein isolate ( OH 100% Whey Portein )
    2. 65g of dextrose (Now Foods Dectrose )
    3. 5g creatine ( CreatineX )
    4. 5g of glutamine

I was told to use the BSN Syntha 6 before workouts and use the OH 100% Last thing at night with milke, For a slower release over the night etc.

But as for the rest i am in need of user feedback.

BSN

Syntha 6
    Cellmass

NutritionX

CellX
    Xplode II
    X.X.X

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Blazher wrote: »
    2. 65g of dextrose (Now Foods Dectrose )
    How much is that costing you? you know shamrock foods do glucose, usually in the baby food section in supermarkets, about €1 for 500g. Glucose is pretty much identical to dextrose. Just dextrose is more popular in the US so gets named more.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mohenley

HI

can someone advise the best fat burning supplements for women? I have a little fat to lose which is not shifting via diet and exercise alone so looking for a little help!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

I'd just like to contradict some people here in terms of the quality of Maximuscles products. In my view they are by far the best and most comprehensive on the market, however value for money is not their forte so for that reason steer clear, unless your loaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

So now I'm looking at fixing the diet and sourcing some decent store bought supplements. Anyone know of any decent supplements(tubs/bars) that can be bought in shops in and around Dublin and which shops I'd be looking at visiting. Looking at getting some whey and casein protein and some creatine, mixes would of course be handier.

nutrition connection in Town on caple street has a very good variety and the guy and the till has claimed to have tried everything in the shop, cant go wrong there :), just make sure to go in on the first sathurday of the month, its 20% off day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭slemons

I just got a big order in from iherb. In 3 days! what a place....

Anyway has anyone ever used coconut oil?

E.V. Coconut Oil (Garden of Life branded) http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=3111
    alpha gpc (Now Foods brand) http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?p...540226149984591
    R-Lipoic Acid (Doctors Best Brand) http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=4
    orthocore from aor europe http://www.aoreurope.co.uk/product/view/944

Anyway, its BEAUTIFUL! Its not really an oil either, more like butter
    Anyone take it?
    How do you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭gnolan

Can anyone recommend a high quality Glutamine and where to buy it? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mack32

universalnutrition.ie simply unbeatable for price and selection, next day free delivery, shops in dun laoighaire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

gnolan wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a high quality Glutamine and where to buy it? Thanks

http://vitaminshop.ie/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=79&products_id=244

Moore St.Mall-Shopping Centre,
    58-66 Parnell St, Dublin1,
    City Centre,

http://www.thesupplementfactory.com/p6/Glutamine_1.1lbs/product_info.html?osCsid=1202200ddf1a3a6f5b78fc73632af7e8

I used both and was happy enough with the quality

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭fippy

Jon wrote: »
    LOL, fella this stuff isn't for appeasing your taste buds. I've yet to come across a pre training NO inducing product that tastes anywhere near nice. They're all wretched. Remember, you're taking it for what it does, not for what it tastes like.

Have you tried Lemonade flavoured N.O Xplode its easy on the taste buds until the last mouthful when your pretty much drinkin wet sand!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

Hey, at the moment I take serious mass on milk for breakfast then take synta 6 both pre and post workout (both on milk).
    I was just wondering if I would be better off taking something like NO Xplode pre work out and would you take this with or without the synta6?

Also just wondering if PWO stands for PRE or POST workout?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

PWO=Post workout shake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mad man 111

Creatine does few things, mainly to boost strength, size and power although it changes from one person to another (might work for your friend but not you) there is no known side effects.
    It takes as much fluid and nutrition from the body as it can, and brings it all into your muscles. The result is weight gain, more bulk and will aid in helping you with the last rep or set.
    Try it, unless you have had liver damage in the past - they recommend you check with your doctor!
    Good luck and I hope it works for you, PS with the caps you don’t have to have a loading faze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I picked up UN Storm today (creatine) and Gaspari Plasmajet (NO) today. I'll tell yis all what I think in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

when i took it, i gave me very smelly farts but gave me the push i need on the last reps.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Just like to give a heads up to pro nutrition popped into him over the weekend and seems to have a good variety of stock and he looked after me on the price too which is always good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

FunkZ wrote: »
    I picked up UN Storm today (creatine) and Gaspari Plasmajet (NO) today. I'll tell yis all what I think in time.
    Hows the plasmajet going for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Pro-Nutrition

Dubdude wrote: »
    Just like to give a heads up to pro nutrition popped into him over the weekend and seems to have a good variety of stock and he looked after me on the price too which is always good

Hey there, your very welcome and I look forward to seeing ya again in the store. We are trying to give as much off as we can as times are tough for us all at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

I ordered from NO Xplode from discount-supplements.co.uk about a week ago. Anyone know how long it should take in arriving, the chances of it getting through customs or if it doesn't, whether I should get some notification if it was stopped?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭gnolan

Delorian wrote: »
    I ordered from NO Xplode from discount-supplements.co.uk about a week ago. Anyone know how long it should take in arriving, the chances of it getting through customs or if it doesn't, whether I should get some notification if it was stopped?

Firstly, they are in the UK, so customs won't be a problem, its only a problem if its outside the EU.

I placed an order on a Wednesday evening and got it the following Tuesday morning. Not all that bad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Hi, just wondering about delivery times for The Supplement Factory.
    Ordered last Friday and my order seems to be still at the processing stage.

Sent them an email yesterday morning inquiring but got no reply.

Thanks for any help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭sunnydelight

Hi

I hope this isnt a very stupid question, but is Glutamine the same as
    L-Glutamine??? i was looking to buy it off the net but on some sites
    its call L-Glutamine or just Glutamine. also has anyone had any experience
    with buying off the supplement factory.com they seem to be the cheapest.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭tommy57

Delorian wrote: »
    I ordered from NO Xplode from discount-supplements.co.uk about a week ago. Anyone know how long it should take in arriving, the chances of it getting through customs or if it doesn't, whether I should get some notification if it was stopped?[/quote

you usually receive it within a week. usually its the irish courers they use that caouse the hold up. the uk companies send out the supplements the next day after you order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 advise12345

Im trying to lose body fat while trying to preserve muscle not interested in bulking up.

What whey would be good. I was thinking of Nutrition X Pro-X , Optimimun nutrition 100% Whey or Maximuscle Promax, in order of steeply increasing price

Can anyone with a good knowledge recommend one or is whey useful when trying to lose body fat.

Id do weight 3 times a week and would take whey after training and for breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

Im trying to lose body fat while trying to preserve muscle not interested in bulking up.

What whey would be good. I was thinking of Nutrition X Pro-X , Optimimun nutrition 100% Whey or Maximuscle Promax, in order of steeply increasing price

Can anyone with a good knowledge recommend one or is whey useful when trying to lose body fat.

Id do weight 3 times a week and would take whey after training and for breakfast

ON Whey is probably the highest rated whey protein out there, no need to look to maximuscle

optimum nutrition gold standard 100 % whey 10 kilo bag is well worth it. its 90 euro and lasts at least 2 months. good quality too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Just before there is a gold rush. It would be excellent value Tommy at €90 for 10 kilos! However it is a 10lb bag.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

Hi,

My wife uses Profemme powder from Tony Quinns and is experiencing positive results but it is very expensive - anyone know of an alternative Female oriented supplement?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Wineman wrote: »
    Hi,

My wife uses Profemme powder from Tony Quinns and is experiencing positive results but it is very expensive - anyone know of an alternative Female oriented supplement?

For what purpose?

• Advertisement

The Guvnor wrote: »
    Just before there is a gold rush. It would be excellent value Tommy at €90 for 10 kilos! However it is a 10lb bag.:)

haha should get my metric conversions right would be good if it was 90 euro for 10 kilo,s though

Advertisement