Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Swizz wrote: »
    Your reply, implies that you think you know all about fitness, yet no answer. Eejit.

Youre probably a fat old man on the dole. That just sits on the machines when in the gym.

Looking at your routine BossArky youre not too clever yourself or strong.

lol

says the fellow who dosen't know how to eat a tin of tuna:
    Swizz wrote:
    I bought a can today of John Wests Tuna in Brine and am not sure how to eat it?

or know the role carbs play:
    Swizz wrote:
    I dont want to bulk up just tone sort of?
    Is carbs not a bad thing?
    I thought they made you look fat/bloated?
    Swizz wrote:
    My diets not great though

My advice to you is to do some reading around nutrition before resorting to supplements. As a hot headed 17/18 year old you will make decent progress with food alone.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Swizz wrote: »
    Your reply, implies that you think you know all about fitness, yet no answer. Eejit.

Youre probably a fat old man on the dole. That just sits on the machines when in the gym.

Looking at your routine BossArky youre not too clever yourself or strong.

I think you can take a break for that kind of abuse.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

on second thoughts, STFU

You too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

banana creme or vanilla nutrition-x big whey, anyone tried either of these before? Recommended or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭tommy57

banana creme or vanilla nutrition-x big whey, anyone tried either of these before? Recommended or not?

usually both them flavours arent the best but if it was choice go for vannilla justs tastes like slimline milk. banana usually has a false sweetner taste.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Pro-Nutrition

Flavours are not too bad but out of the Nutritionx range myfav would be strawberry, have you considered looking at the Optimum range??? Vanilla is delicious

Thanks for the replies, already ordered strawberry. Was just trying to decide which website to go with, found a cheaper one and everythings good now. Expecting the package tomorrow morning or friday. Pro are you talking about the French vanilla creme by ON? I had that before and hated it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Pro-Nutrition

Thanks for the replies, already ordered strawberry. Was just trying to decide which website to go with, found a cheaper one and everythings good now. Expecting the package tomorrow morning or friday. Pro are you talking about the French vanilla creme by ON? I had that before and hated it.

Hey, no there is a french and plain vanilla in the Optimum range. Not too mad on the french vanilla creme myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Any suggestions as to what the nicest tasting protein powder out there is*?

I've found the supplement factory stuff too sweet for prolonged usage. NutritionX's stuff is nice, but I've used it for too long and am now bored of it and I'm not a fan of the bulkpoweder whey on it's own.

I'm thinking ON might be an option.

*I'm not shelling out a sh!t ton of money for something as simple as protein powder, so while it doesn't have to be so cheap it's crap, I'm not having my chain yanked.

I thought ON strawberry tasted grand, but none of the other ON flavours were very nice imo. Universal nutrition is priced pretty well, dunno why I forgot about it when I made my order the other day! :( Been meaning to get a tub of the IDS isolate whey, its nearly the same price as supps factory, so worth a go for a tub?

• Advertisement

Good shout bro!! looks to be the cheapest around actually!!

A tub of the IDS stuff and ON stuff is the same price as a 10lb bag of ON so I can see which I like better before ordering more!!

Also, heads up on this - http://www.universalnutrition.ie/forward/visit_our_shop

Next Saturday is the first of the month, so a 20% discount on everthing. Save about €18 on the two above boyo-s!

Hanley wrote: »

I've found the supplement factory stuff too sweet for prolonged usage. NutritionX's stuff is nice, but I've used it for too long and am now bored of it and I'm not a fan of the bulkpoweder whey on it's own.

*I'm not shelling out a sh!t ton of money for something as simple as protein powder, so while it doesn't have to be so cheap it's crap, I'm not having my chain yanked.

BSN but whether it's cheap or expensive is relative to what you're willing to spend but without a doubt, BSN is the best tasting by a country mile. Last time I bought some it was 30 euro.

Hmmm... might try this Gaspari stuff too - http://www.universalnutrition.ie/viewproduct/244

€100 for 10lb is about what I was gunning for, so with the 20% discount things are looking good.

Good shout bro!! looks to be the cheapest around actually!!

A tub of the IDS stuff and ON stuff is the same price as a 10lb bag of ON so I can see which I like better before ordering more!!

Also, heads up on this - http://www.universalnutrition.ie/forward/visit_our_shop

Next Saturday is the first of the month, so a 20% discount on everthing. Save about €18 on the two above boyo-s!

Yet another reason why I miss living close to Dublin. :( Let us know how that IDS stuff turns out will you? Its a good price, esp for 100% isolate, seems like a good product. I've been meaning to get some for ages but keep forgetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Hornd

€100 for 10lb is about what I was gunning for, so with the 20% discount things are looking good.

Just to make sure you know the prices are a bit more in the shop than online i.e. I think the myofusion is 60 or so in the shop and 50 online. So the 20% off prices just about match the online prices.

Ive heard the gaspari one is the best tasting protein they've tried from a couple of people. I have this one at the moment and think its great http://www.universalnutrition.ie/viewproduct/240 Strawberry and the chocolate one both taste really good.

Hornd wrote: »
    Just to make sure you know the prices are a bit more in the shop than online i.e. I think the myofusion is 60 or so in the shop and 50 online. So the 20% off prices just about match the online prices.

Ive heard the gaspari one is the best tasting protein they've tried from a couple of people. I have this one at the moment and think its great http://www.universalnutrition.ie/viewproduct/240 Strawberry and the chocolate one both taste really good.

SRSLY?????

I just checked and COMPLETELY miss this " All Pricing & Special Deals on this website do not apply to our Retail Shop. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, thank you."

THat's mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mack32

yeah the myofusion is unreal! its on a par with syntha 6 in the taste dept. only thing is that its a blend of a few different proteins so depends what you want it for really. IDS is 100% isolate and the choc tastes really good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

mack32 wrote: »
    yeah the myofusion is unreal! its on a par with syntha 6 in the taste dept. only thing is that its a blend of a few different proteins so depends what you want it for really. IDS is 100% isolate and the choc tastes really good too.

Is Syntha 6 any good?

mack32 wrote: »

Ledge, thanks for the reply. I don't think the blends really matter THAT much tbh... it's be a "diet" protein primarily, so it would probably help to have a slower digesting one to keep me full for longer.

I might get some IDS isolate and just throw some dextrose in for PWO purposes!

The IDS used to be a pure isolate but they changed a while back to a blend of isolate, concentrate and a bit of hydrolyzed. Its similar to ON and Dymatize now.

Syntha 6 is more of a meal replacement. I think its too expensive tbh.

• Advertisement

it's be a "diet" protein primarily, so it would probably help to have a slower digesting one to keep me full for longer.

Have a look at the syntrax matrix hanley. It might be what your after. Tastes pretty good aswell. http://www.universalnutrition.ie/viewproduct/51

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

Syntha 6 is more of a meal replacement. I think its too expensive tbh.

Definitely not a meal replacement, i've found it very good, it's the best tasting powder i've had.
    @swizz - you said you were looking to keep the weight down, synta 6 is about 200 cals per serving (which is more than you want if your getting enough cals already). If I was you id go for optimium nutrition 100% whey gold standard

Have a look at the syntrax matrix hanley. It might be what your after. Tastes pretty good aswell. http://www.universalnutrition.ie/viewproduct/51

Good shout. Have you tasted all the flavours? Any preference? It'll be mixed with water ad not milk!

Is Syntha 6 any good?

well i got it as a present, wouldn't buy it myself tbh, it only has 30 servings per tub, has 15g of carbs per serving and is pretty expensive. having said that it tastes unreal! and theres nothing actually 'wrong' with it and the time release blend would be handy for just before bed.

personally id go with something else, im loving gaspari myofusion at the mo

The IDS used to be a pure isolate but they changed a while back to a blend of isolate, concentrate and a bit of hydrolyzed. Its similar to ON and Dymatize now.

so it is, my bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

ON double chocolate , its like sex ina shaker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Good shout. Have you tasted all the flavours? Any preference? It'll be mixed with water ad not milk!

I've had the vanilla (mixed with water) and didn't find it great tbh, but I guess these things are subjective. Kinda had a banana hint to it.

Ive had the vanilla which is good. Its slightly bland after 5 pounds of it (but then again vanilla is vanilla) but id get it again. I tried my friends one aswell i think its was chocolate but it could of been the cookies one - not 100%. Either vanilla or chocolate are good to go thought.

Edit - I always have my shakes with water!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

Whats the protein from holland and barrett like? buy one get another half price

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Brendygg wrote: »
    Whats the protein from holland and barrett like? buy one get another half price

Just don't!!:)

Advertisement