Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Scarlet 27

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me some protein shake recommendations.

I was a bit of a weights addict but due to a serious change in my timetable, a really awful reoccurring chest infection and recent holidays my training has been none existent for the last number of weeks and my diet has been far from clean. I had managed to get my body fat down 14% before April and aim to get back there now. What I am looking for is a good protein shake, low carb and tastes nice to take after work outs, there are so many on the market I don't know which are the best for my aims.

Any other supplement recommendation would be great to, at the moment I just take a fish oil supplement and a good multi-vitamin not sure if I should be taking anything else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Scarlet 27 wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me some protein shake recommendations.

I was a bit of a weights addict but due to a serious change in my timetable, a really awful reoccurring chest infection and recent holidays my training has been none existent for the last number of weeks and my diet has been far from clean. I had managed to get my body fat down 14% before April and aim to get back there now. What I am looking for is a good protein shake, low carb and tastes nice to take after work outs, there are so many on the market I don't know which are the best for my aims.

Any other supplement recommendation would be great to, at the moment I just take a fish oil supplement and a good multi-vitamin not sure if I should be taking anything else?

Maybe get known and trusted ON 100% Gold standard whey. Double choc or mint choc are usually the best flavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Can anyone recommend an equivilant to Nutrition X RAM? I moved to Jersey a few month ago and haven't had anything like it since. I've mailed them to see if they'll ship over here but if not I need to find an alternative.

I was a big fan of the orange flavour, so something along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Maybe get known and trusted ON 100% Gold standard whey. Double choc or mint choc are usually the best flavours.

+1 Mint Choc :pac: nom nom. Also just bought a tub of 5lb Caramel Toffee Fudge..deeelish. Nowhere near as sweet as I thought it would be, tastes like the old Mars Bar drinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gymsoldier

SuprSi wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend an equivilant to Nutrition X RAM? I moved to Jersey a few month ago and haven't had anything like it since. I've mailed them to see if they'll ship over here but if not I need to find an alternative.

I was a big fan of the orange flavour, so something along those lines.

Considering the quote from the internet for this product is this: "This 10 minute window of opportunity needs to be taken advantage of to ensure full recovery". I wouldnt even bother buying it.

If you want an "all-in-one" post workout shake, but dont want to make your own, get Universal Torrent. Universal make great products, although on average 25% more expensive then Nutrition X, Id pick the Universal any day.

• Advertisement

ON do one as well called After Max. 40g protein, 40g carbs, 5g glutamine, 5g creapure and some vitamins.

Easy to make sure but it's a product of convience.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Needed to swap a 10lb bag of whey I ended up with in the wrong flavour (wires got crossed when ordering it) so I called into Discount Supplement's bricks and mortar outlet on Terenure Road North.

No problem doing the swap for the correct flavour - very customer service orientated in there. it's a small thing, but I'd go back because of that alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tekken

ON do one as well called After Max. 40g protein, 40g carbs, 5g glutamine, 5g creapure and some vitamins.

Hi gummy

Where do you get your on from?
    Looked at it in shops but it's kinda pricey compared to myprotein.

Do you buy it online

Tekken wrote: »

Hi gummy

Where do you get your on from?
    Looked at it in shops but it's kinda pricey compared to myprotein.

Do you buy it online

I don't use an all-in-one myself but universalnutrition.ie are good.

You can also order directly from ON's website www.optimumnutrition.com/ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

gymsoldier wrote: »
    Considering the quote from the internet for this product is this: "This 10 minute window of opportunity needs to be taken advantage of to ensure full recovery". I wouldnt even bother buying it.

i've no knowledge of the product, but I don't see how that sentence says anythign about its quality.
    All that means is that their target market are the uninformed masses, and the people that believe stuff like that. TBH, its exactly who I'd target in their position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Which is better guys? Trying the whey at the minute and seeing no results:(, is there any product which you can buy with creatine AND protein in it?
    thanks

david.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Which is better guys? Trying the whey at the minute and seeing no results:(, is there any product which you can buy with creatine AND protein in it?
    thanks

david.

neither is 'better', they're completely different things. if you want 'results' from whey, you should probably sort out your diet first and train harder. what results are you looking for?

Parsley wrote: »
    neither is 'better', they're completely different things. if you want 'results' from whey, you should probably sort out your diet first and train harder. what results are you looking for?

Just in general bigger arms, and chest, started on whey and high protein diet:) didnt do much reasearch on creatine though whats it like?

As title says :) is it safe:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Don't do it, it will explode!

P.s. its grand

dave80 wrote: »
    Don't do it, it will explode!

P.s. its grand

Dave Gave me a mini heart attack at the first line there lol:) so its ok yes:) gotta get tub creatine 2moro:) would you notice a change within the 1st month:)
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭dumbbell

I want to buy this and give it a go but its 60 euro for 1.8kg . any one know any where cheaper ? thanks

dumbbell wrote: »
    I want to buy this and give it a go but its 60 euro for 1.8kg . any one know any where cheaper ? thanks

http://www.discountsupplements.ie/protein-muscletech-nitro-tech-series-p-138.html

60e for only 27 servings?!, honestly nothing better than a good whey protein:) just look for the one with highest protein content:) i get my bag from my health shop for about 42euro and it lasts me for over 2-3 months !! :)
    you could try ebay though if your really set on the nitro tech:) hope this helps man:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭dumbbell

http://www.discountsupplements.ie/protein-muscletech-nitro-tech-series-p-138.html

60e for only 27 servings?!, honestly nothing better than a good whey protein:) just look for the one with highest protein content:) i get my bag from my health shop for about 42euro and it lasts me for over 2-3 months !! :)
    you could try ebay though if your really set on the nitro tech:) hope this helps man:)
    Hey thanks for the reply. I just like the review on the stuff bt simply cannot justify that price at all at all.
    am using usn at the min, i was going for low fat / carb,s
    what brand do you take ?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭zebrafumbler

Hi Folks,

I want to take creatine once again and would appreciate any info or recommendations about some of the new age creatines. I have done micronized creatine monohydrate in the past and have gotten great results from it. Are any of the new creatines comparable to monohydrate?

• Advertisement

dumbbell wrote: »
    Hey thanks for the reply. I just like the review on the stuff bt simply cannot justify that price at all at all.
    am using usn at the min, i was going for low fat / carb,s
    what brand do you take ?

im on creatine pre workout and whey post workout:) nothing beats it you will see results in upto 2-3 weeks if you really push yourself:)

Hi guys,

Anyone know where I can Optimum Nutrition samples?

I'm looking for a sample of their banana and strawberry banana whey before I buy a 5lb tub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Cheapest whey on the go now?
    Still looks like myprotein 5kg bag of concentrate?
    They've a special of Total protein which seems as cheap as you'll get https://www.myprotein.com/ie/products/total-protein

Anyone any other suggestions for cheap good whey?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

just had a feed of noxplode and feeling the ****ters(jitters while needing a ****) time to train compadres! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Perfectly... but if its post work out add some simple carbs to the shake too(something like dextrose sugar) as it will cause an insulin spike in the body and enhance the absorbtion of the creatine into the muscles!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a sample of their banana and strawberry banana whey before I buy a 5lb tub.

I don't think they do samples, so the only option is to either buy it without trying, get a sample from a friend, or buy a generic flavour that 99% of people like(double chocolate for example)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mack_1111

For cheap supplements try www.fittnessireland.ie they have all the top brands at lower prices, they also have a shop on Smithfield square beside that new hostel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Hi guys,

Im going to be getting samples of ON into the shop mid next week,various flavors of gold standard casein and whey,i work in fighting fit Camden street.

Tony

drdeadlift wrote: »
    Im going to be getting samples of ON into the shop mid next week,various flavors of gold standard casein and whey,i work in fighting fit Camden street.

Tony

Thanks man but I went ahead of bought a tub ON Banana Cream in the end anyway. Its very nice. Should last me a while but next time I need a tub, I'll check out your shop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Thanks man but I went ahead of bought a tub ON Banana Cream in the end anyway. Its very nice. Should last me a while but next time I need a tub, I'll check out your shop.

Cool stuff,its the quickest selling banana flavor protein selling lovely taste.
    Sure next time your buying pop in to the shop.

Advertisement