Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pachey100

a waste of money OP,any particuliar reason why you looking to buy the hemotropin ?

Just herd they are the bees knees and they are 54 euro from the vitamin shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

No OP

Spend your money on real food not supps

I had a quick glance at the ingredients

HEMOTROPIN TACTICS: Increase GH Release In a Natural & Progressive Pulse-Wave Manner*

GH is a peptide hormone a group of 191 amino acids linked in a specific sequence and released by the anterior pituitary gland in pulses. HemoTropin may help increase the release of GH naturally, and with wave-like precision.*

HEMOTROPIN INTEGRALS: GH-Releasing Secretagogues, and Amino Acid Precursors for Multi-Pathway GH Release*

GH-Releasing Complex HemoTropin increases GH output by combining four powerful and diverse compounds*;

1) GHRP-2 [D-Ala-D-B-Nal-Ala-Trp-D-Phe-Lys-OCH3]: peptides that reportedly increase natural GH levels by increasing GH-releasing factor (GRF), increased intracellular cyclic AMP (cAMP) concentrations that, in turn, improves GH release in a dose-dependent manner.*

2) Arginine Pyroglutamate: is formed by combining the amino acids L-Arginine and Pyroglutamate. L-Arginine is required for the synthesis and release of GH, due to the amino acid's role in normal functioning of the pituitary gland.

3) (2S)-2-aminopentanedioic acid: has recently shown great promise in triggering GH release above normal levels.* Research suggests (2S)-2-aminopentanedioic acid works in concert with other amino acids, such as L-Arginine, to increase GH output in the pituitary.*

4) Alpha GPC (L-alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine): is a water-soluble phospholipid and neurotransmitter precursor. It is a delivery form of choline, which is metabolized to acetylcholine. Research suggests that Alpha GPC promotes secretion of GH via its direct effect on the cholinergic system.*

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nbol/hemotropin.html

Bu....t marketing ,that's what it is

But this my opinion based on personal experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Just take it pwo.

They probably assume you'll be training in the pm. The morning and pwo thing is suppose to be that body is craving nutrients (might have worded this wrong) so that's why they have that suggestion.

Read the small print - which in effect says that the product is not proven to work. :rolleyes:

Whoever called the company "Nutrabollix" clearly never lived in Dublin. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Mebbel

*bump*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Read the small print - which in effect says that the product is not proven to work. :rolleyes:

Whoever called the company "Nutrabollix" clearly never lived in Dublin. :D

I doubt there would be any misunderstanding if you said you were having a 'bolics shake' after your workout

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

Its n the shelves in holland and barret, has this been 'legalised' here again?

Kept my trap shut when I bought it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

I heard it was illegal 'cos they had to use minced puppies to make it.

sad-puppy.JPG

*probably legal OTC in England and the order processing is being carried out there in some kind of cost cutting measure now.....

The stuff is overpriced junk anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Gator wrote: »
    Its n the shelves in holland and barret, has this been 'legalised' here again?

Kept my trap shut when I bought it :)

New formula I believe. I think its called NO-xplode 2.0 now.

Personally I've no interest in pre-workouts any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Ya its in h&b in the UK at the moment. Think it was priced at £44 for 750g or maybe it was a kg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I'd say rather than "re-legalising" it they simply changed the active ingredient, most likely to a less effective compound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

HemoRage is pretty good...

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pachey100

Kev M wrote: »

Thank you. At last someone who can get over the name without sounding like 15 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭retenzo12

Anyone else have any input on this? Thks

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Duffman'05

Mellor wrote: »
    As mentioned its a myth, its a misapplication of two different studies.
    Using a real world example highlights how silly it is, a steak easily has 90gs of protein. there is no way the body on'y absorbs less than half of this

Can you please elaborate on why this is a myth? I would love to have this cleared up in my head. From what I learned in school excess protein is converted to urea which is literally pissed out and wasted and I have never heard anything more on it since.

So is there actually a limit to how much protein the liver can break down in one go? Is it something that can be built up over time with consistent and steady increases of protein in your diet?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Saviola

Cant say for definite but i cant imagine taking 3 servings in the morning would equate to spreading them equally throughout the day. Would taking 3 servings at once not feel like a brick in your stomach anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Why ask a question if you don't want an answer?
    Knock yourself out OP- you don't want any advice from some very knowledgeable people above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Duffman'05 wrote: »
    Can you please elaborate on why this is a myth? I would love to have this cleared up in my head. From what I learned in school excess protein is converted to urea which is literally pissed out and wasted and I have never heard anything more on it since.

So is there actually a limit to how much protein the liver can break down in one go? Is it something that can be built up over time with consistent and steady increases of protein in your diet?

1. you don't piss out protein. ever.

2. your liver doesn't break it down. far as i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Duffman'05

Parsley wrote: »
    1. you don't piss out protein. ever.

2. your liver doesn't break it down. far as i know.

I didn't mean pissing out protein directly. I meant that afaik protein gets broken down into amino acids in the liver and the excess amino acids that the liver (or whatever organ it is) can't handle get converted to urea, which is what's pissed out.

• Advertisement

What are the main effective ingredients? I've never heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭COH

Owen_S wrote: »
    What are the main effective ingredients? I've never heard of it.

Caffeine, semtex... and chuck norris's sperm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

It was never illegal, just technically a "prescribed" substance. It has been legalized since the health board realised PWO's wont kill you. I think the original reason it was banned was because some gobshíte overdosed on it and left himself in a bad way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Made by a different company, Nutrex. Hemorush looks fairly normal, I'd go with White Flood as from reviews it sounds more potent and it's better value.

It's amazing that people haven't yet learned what is actually in a pre-workout supplement. Will Brinks youtube channel might help...

I remember hearing something about it containing too much of a water soluble vitamin, yes water soluble, but our government...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,051 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

pachey100 wrote: »
    Thank you. At last someone who can get over the name without sounding like 15 year olds.
    It's a different product to the one you posted about

• Registered Users Posts: 39,051 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Duffman'05 wrote: »
    I didn't mean pissing out protein directly. I meant that afaik protein gets broken down into amino acids in the liver and the excess amino acids that the liver (or whatever organ it is) can't handle get converted to urea, which is what's pissed out.
    Excess protein, means more than the bodys daily need. Obviously this is more than 30g.
    I do believe that excessive protein causes an increase in urea, but how much this is I don't know. All/Most/Some of it will be converted to glucose.

The body doesn't process any amount of protein in one go. It's can't even process 30g in one go. Protein digests slowly, whey is about 10g an hour. Basically, you body is almost constantly digesting food and converting protein, it makes sense to me to have a constant supply. Having more than 30g won't be wasted, it will just go to the back of the queue.

The 30g idea came from a study that monitored the rate of protein absorption. 30g whey takes 3 hours. So this lead to the believe that 30g is the max and that you must eat every 3 hours to stay anabolic.

Another study showed that protein aborption rates increase as you eat more, but the effect stops at around 30g. this doesn't mean that 30 is the max, it just means you don't process 40, or 60 any faster. Basically, 30g at breakfast then 30g 3 hours later is the same as 60g at 6 hour intervals.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

have you tried a "smartshaker"?, they have compartments for storing your protein so your still only bring one beaker with you, like today in mine i have my animal nitro in the main compartment, 2 servings of storm in the next and 1 of whey in the other!!

on the casein front i take casein at 10am and 4pm and before bed, in the morning and after training i take whey....ive no logic..its just the way i do it...id say 3 scoops of casein could leave ya feeling very very bloated for the morning!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Mebbel

*Bump*

Advertisement