Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Is the supplement store on Capel Street still part of the Nutrition Connection group? I normally check a price on the NC website, then go in-store to purchase, but when I was walking by yesterday, I saw that the name of the store has changed to Total Fitness or Total Health, something along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭real stig

Hi, I need a bit of advice. I want to increase my muscle mass but dont take in enough calories (used to box so I'm not used to eating all before me!). I was just wondering what supplements you guys would recommend to help increase my calorie intake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

real stig wrote: »
    Hi, I need a bit of advice. I want to increase my muscle mass but dont take in enough calories (used to box so I'm not used to eating all before me!). I was just wondering what supplements you guys would recommend to help increase my calorie intake

If you can't get enough good meals, you coukd take a gainer like ON Serious Mass or BSN True Mass. I don't know the name of Gaspari's one.

EDIT: It'll be better and more enjoyable to eat more food though, so try to restructure your eating plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

If you can't get enough good meals, you coukd take a gainer like ON Serious Mass or BSN True Mass. I don't know the name of Gaspari's one.

EDIT: It'll be better and more enjoyable to eat more food though, so try to restructure your eating plan.
    Yeah eating more real food would be a better option. If you look at the cost per serving of a lot of these ''weight gainers'', you will see that they are far more expensive that real food. Nutritionally, they are no better, in fact usually worse than a real meal. The majority of weight gainers are some cheap source of carbs(maltodextrin for example) combined with protein.

Protein powder combined with real food would be a cheaper and better option

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭real stig

Thanks for the replies lads, I was going for the supplements route just until I got used to being able to eat enough proper food. Would a protein shake before bed be a good idea? I got ON Gold Standard but are there good alternatives out there that are a bit cheaper?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭eoinob50

Hi guys,

Anyone know where I can Optimum Nutrition samples?

I'm looking for a sample of their banana and strawberry banana whey before I buy a 5lb tub.

if your still looking for samples try emailing them at irelandconsumer@optimumnutrition.com
    and ask for samples!
    worked for me :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

eoinob50 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Anyone know where I can Optimum Nutrition samples?

I'm looking for a sample of their banana and strawberry banana whey before I buy a 5lb tub.

if your still looking for samples try emailing them at irelandconsumer@optimumnutrition.com
    and ask for samples!
    worked for me :-)

I sent them a mail but they never replied which is strange for them. Checked gmail and email is saved in drafts.

Doh! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 HR X LM

Wel guys, I have both whey and caesin power at home, I take whey after my workout and caesin before bedtime. What should I take in the morning? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

HR X LM wrote: »
    Wel guys, I have both whey and caesin power at home, I take whey after my workout and caesin before bedtime. What should I take in the morning? Thanks

food.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pachey100

http://www.nutrabolics.com/ Just wondering has anybody used any of there products? Was thinking of getting some hemotropin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭retenzo12

Can anyone tell me if taking 3 doses of caesin protein in the morning would get the same benifit as 3 seperate whey protein shakes?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭marathonic

retenzo12 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if taking 3 doses of caesin protein in the morning would get the same benifit as 3 seperate whey protein shakes?

Thanks

I usually just take whey but, as far as I'm aware, one of the main benefits of casein is slow absorbtion (I may be wrong here).

If so, putting aside whether or not 3 servings should be included in your diet, why would you want to do it? Why not just take one the night before and one in the morning?

Unless you're very very big and can't get most of your 1-1.5g per lb bodyweight of protein in you through regular food, three shakes in the morning is overdoing in my opinion.

the idea behind it would be to intake the slow release protein in one hit instead of carrying around 3 seperate beakers for protein to be taken throughout the day.

i know it might sound like a silly question but i feel i should ask... do you eat food? why are you having 3 shakes a day?

To achieve 1.5gram of protein per lb...

Im being very "what if" here, i would not be taking 3 shakes daily however on training days it has happened in the past....

So Parsley am=ny input on the question asked in the original post?

To achieve 1.5gram of protein per lb...

Im being very "what if" here, i would not be taking 3 shakes daily however on training days it has happened in the past....

So Parsley am=ny input on the question asked in the original post?

i have no idea, but it does sound pretty silly. i have no reason to support or rubbish the idea but... if you want to have three casein shakes for breakfast in one go, you can tell us how it works out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭dumbbell

as far as i know your wasting your time taking three.. the body can only break down like 40 grams of protein at a time .. the rest is thrown out

dumbbell wrote: »
    as far as i know your wasting your time taking three.. the body can only break down like 40 grams of protein at a time .. the rest is thrown out

if that's as far as you know, you should go learn more :pac:

that's one of them silly myths that people seem to spread around for no real reason...

HR X LM wrote: »
    If you already have protein powder, then add a scoop into a bowl of porridge. Quick and tastes good.

Well the clue is in the name, that product is 'bolics'

• Advertisement

Jesus someones on fire :pac: Have you ever used them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Products that claim to be some super hormone inducer yet aren't a prescribed substance are generally pure and utter bollox which will make a marginal difference but nothing impressive. It looks like an absolute waste of 105$.

Afaik that is only the case with whey protein as it is processed upon intake however with caesin it is slowly released which in theory should allow the body to process it throughout the day as required..however I could be wrong which is why I've asked the question..

I have used Hgh enhancers with great affect in the past I asked if anybody has any experience with these. Not if you think they are a good idea or not. I have used other hgh boosters in the past with good results and I am looking at trying something new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

best product name ever....

"come ere i tell ya...im on the nurtabolics..."

or even there other products...hemotest and fighters food...

Afaik that is only the case with whey protein as it is processed upon intake however with caesin it is slowly released which in theory should allow the body to process it throughout the day as required..however I could be wrong which is why I've asked the question..

tbh... i'd say it doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

dumbbell wrote: »
    As mentioned its a myth, its a misapplication of two different studies.
    Using a real world example highlights how silly it is, a steak easily has 90gs of protein. there is no way the body on'y absorbs less than half of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

a waste of money OP,any particuliar reason why you looking to buy the hemotropin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭marathonic

I have a question about MP Max Hurricane Evo. I started my tub of this today (it came as part of a bundle purchased back in May).

It says that you should take a 60g serving twice a day – one when you wake and one after your workout. I work out at 6.30am and took one prior to this. I then cycle to work and took the second at 8.30am. I find it quite discomforting to the stomach to take so much – probably due to the lack of ‘real food’ in the stomach at this time.

What are your suggestions on this?

Is the recommended servings an overdose based on trying to sell more of the product or should I take one in the morning and one at night instead?

I’m thinking that the recommended dosage has probably something to do with the creatine/glutamine/l-leucine quantities in a serving. If this is the case, I have those ingredients in separate bags so could take one serving of MP Max Hurricane Evo each morning and a serving of creatine/glutamine/l-leucine with a normal whey shake in the evening.

Anyone any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Mebbel

Hi All,

I have recently been looking for a specific pre-work out supplement that I had previously tried. I've gone to a number of shops in Dublin, which all seem to be stocking a number of different brands, but do not carry that which I am looking for.

The product is iForce Maximize V2.

I was wondering if anybody over in Dublin has tried this, and knows where I can go to pick this up?

The help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement