Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Limousine Fred

Hey guys!

Looking for recommendations on BCAA powder, cheap options.
    Have been on MP and it's E42 a kilo, just wondering what yis all are using.

Basically wanna get kilo of cheap stuff and mix it with something like XTEND so it tastes better.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

xtend is a bcaa product....why you mixing more bcaa into it?
    btw you don't need either if you're eating enough protein already.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Limousine Fred

boomtown84 wrote: »
    xtend is a bcaa product....why you mixing more bcaa into it?
    btw you don't need either if you're eating enough protein already.
    I know its a BCAA, i wanna mix a cheap one with it to save money and help it taste better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,042 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Went to grab my after noon shake, tub was empty, obvous i knew i emptied yesterday, but forgot had to wait until this weekend, so nothing planning for a snack. I only care cos i noticed. The fact I know there is nothign here makes be hungry.

So
    No.1: Next flavour of ON to buy? Just finished vanilla, so its all uphill from here. Don't want rocky road. Thinking Chocolate, strawberry or chocomint (never had a mint before)

Also - suggestions for a Keto snack, all i can think of is nuts (in work atm so frying some bacon isn't an option)
    Hurry on the snack please

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

Mellor wrote: »
    Went to grab my after noon shake, tub was empty, obvous i knew i emptied yesterday, but forgot had to wait until this weekend, so nothing planning for a snack. I only care cos i noticed. The fact I know there is nothign here makes be hungry.

So
    No.1: Next flavour of ON to buy? Just finished vanilla, so its all uphill from here. Don't want rocky road. Thinking Chocolate, strawberry or chocomint (never had a mint before)

Also - suggestions for a Keto snack, all i can think of is nuts (in work atm so frying some bacon isn't an option)

Sorry only seeing your post now! did you get sorted?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

So

Dude no offence but what in the blue hell are you doing on boards??!!!!!
    You should be down the beach mackin b*tches like miranda jacobs, Indie and Ruby!
    If i see you post here again i'm going to have to fly over and slap you!
    choc mint is good though.do it.

hsbc wrote: »
    Sorry only seeing your post now! did you get sorted?!
    Toughed it out and grabbed sushi on the way home

Got ON Chocomint today, tis nice
    boomtown84 wrote: »
    Dude no offence but what in the blue hell are you doing on boards??!!!!!
    You should be down the beach mackin b*tches like miranda jacobs, Indie and Ruby!
    If i see you post here again i'm going to have to fly over and slap you!
    choc mint is good though.do it.

Firstly I was in work, so dossing on boards is standard
    Secondly, southern hemi-sphere = wintertime, no beach

Seriously, Sydney and esp Melbourne get cold in winter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Firstly I was in work, so dossing on boards is standard
    Secondly, southern hemi-sphere = wintertime, no beach

Seriously, Sydney and esp Melbourne get cold in winter

Dossing on boards when your supposed to be working, i like your style! Procrastination is all that gets me through my day haha!

Head north and chase the sun:D I spent the best part of 3 yrs following it, dont know why i ever left!! Ill be back when my visa ban is up:rolleyes:

winter in Sydneys not too bad, Melbourne baltic though!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hannibal6.0

CONTROLLED LABS GREEN MAGNATUDE 835g - creatine

Dorian Yates Formass 5Lbs - post workout

OPTIMUM NUTRITION NITROCORE 24 6lbs - evening

Goal is bulk

Had debated between getting myofusion and a gainer though.

Solid order? or room for improvement?

alternative suggestions welcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gymsoldier

CONTROLLED LABS GREEN MAGNATUDE 835g - creatine

Dorian Yates Formass 5Lbs - post workout

OPTIMUM NUTRITION NITROCORE 24 6lbs - evening

Goal is bulk

Had debated between getting myofusion and a gainer though.

Solid order? or room for improvement?

alternative suggestions welcome?
    My personal recommendations for a bulk (and my own current stack) is size on max performance / cytogainer / animal pak and casein before bed.

I have done a lot of trail and error in my time on products and these have been the best products iv found that allow to help in a clean bulk.

Why the change :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hannibal6.0

gymsoldier wrote: »
    Why the change :D

Well been taking size on for some time now and in terms of bang for your buck you get more with the green mag.

The change from cytogainer is simply to try and see if the results would be different from a product that its carbs come from oats and not from maltodextrin

Nitro core 24 is a blend that has casein in it.

also a little creepy that you remembered my current stack so easily.

Well been taking size on for some time now and in terms of bang for your buck you get more with the green mag.

The change from cytogainer is simply to try and see if the results would be different from a product that its carbs come from oats and not from maltodextrin

Nitro core 24 is a blend that has casein in it.

also a little creepy that you remembered my current stack so easily.

Ha hardly remember, just recalled you were so adamant about your bulk stack. And now even, trough years of trial and error, what you’re taking still isn’t working for you.

My advice is, bin the gainer, keep the Animal Pak, and get a good Creapure Creatine Monohydrate. You want casein? Drink milk; get yourself a good quality Whey.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Bruckey2345

Hi guys,quick question...i recently bought recovery from myprotein , now my question is can you also take some before training if you haven't eaten for awile before training???

if you haven't eaten for awile before training???

Some religions would consider this a sin :p

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Flashpoint

Hi guys thinking of starting out some new supplements in about 2 weeks time, USN Muscle Fuel & Gold standard casein.

Has anyone here tried any or both of these? If so what kind of results did you get from them?

I plan get on a pure healthy diet i.e. vegs, meat, nuts, cut back on carbs etc, and have hard training days. And will keep you guys posted on results.

Feedback welcome, feel free to name other good supplements & foods to help results. Thanks

Some religions would consider this a sin :p

Haha well ya know what i mean.Say on your way home from work haven't eaten in a while, have no food ?

Haha well ya know what i mean.Say on your way home from work haven't eaten in a while, have no food ?

You have a home made meal in a shaker :):

500ml Milk
    130 gram quick oats (they have to be quick oats)
    40 - 50 grams whey protein

Keep the ingredients in the shaker dry, then just poor a pint carton of milk in, shake and drink.

Is it worth shelling out for Glucosamine? Fish oil? or both?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rec27

Im looking for some!

Basically I play fooball 2-3 a week and gym about the same.

I want to bulk up a bit but mainly i want lean muscle. Im just about the right weight

Im taking a 2 scoops of maximuscle promax and a scoop of maximuscle creatamax 300 extreme in a smoothie each day (not necessarily before i train)

So im just wondering there is so much advice out there i just want it made clear, am i doing the right thing? are these the right supplements? is there something else i should be taking etc........

Any advice gratefully accepted!

Thanks

I cant find the study at the moment, I think I read it in MD, but it was Glucosamine vs. Placebo and there was no difference in results between the two. So I'd just go with the Fish Oil.

• Advertisement

rec27 wrote: »
    are these the right supplements?

In theory yes. But hows your diet, thats more important.
    rec27 wrote: »
    is there something else i should be taking etc........

Ha yeah, anything but Maximuscle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rec27

thanks gymsoldier,

yeah probably got hooked into the maximuslce marketing!

what would you suggest?

My diet i think is alrite, got some professional advice in the past and have stuck to it in the main, eating good foods, dont eat processed crap. eating high protein foods etc....

500ml Milk

Keep the ingredients in the shaker dry, then just poor a pint carton of milk in, shake and drink.

Thanks man i'll give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

500ml Milk

Hi - i suspect this is a silly question but here goes.

Can you suggest where to buy the oats? Can they be bought in a supermarket or are they more specific like the one's from MP:

http://www.myprotein.com/ie/products/instant-oats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

hsbc wrote: »
    Hi - i suspect this is a silly question but here goes.

Can you suggest where to buy the oats? Can they be bought in a supermarket or are they more specific like the one's from MP:

http://www.myprotein.com/ie/products/instant-oats

You can get quick oats in any supermarket! Flahavans do them and there grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭JonnyF

ordered a rake of stuff off Bulk Powders last night. Seems like a very good deal. Any idea what their delivery times are like to Ireland? Running low on my supplements.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Babalons

I used Glucosamine after I hurt my knee running in shoes that were not suited to my foot pronation. I found it did help, but I also changed my running shoes so im not sure which action had a greater impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

My delivery of BCAA and L Glutamine powders arrived this morning. I expected them to taste bad, but they are pretty grim stuff. Tried mixing them with some pineapple juice but they clumped up pretty bad, so I got the whisk out and that sort of rectified the problem. I could try mixing them with some whey powder or instant oats, will give it a go during the week.

Any advice on how to take them?

inb4 man up, neck it, should have bought caps etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

L-Glutamine should be ok - imo it is rank when mixed with whey but ok on it's own with juice.

As for BCAA - yours are non instant hence the clumping - not an issue but they really taste fowl even the better tasting instant taste fowl.

Best bet IMO is to mix the bcaa liberally with something like Rose's Lime Cordial or Vimto - I prefer the citrus flavours and others prefer the berry taste.

That is your only option but it will still not taste too exciting but will be manageable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭enaeknala1

OK, just to tell my story, big into basketball and going doing a 15 week jump programme over the summer. "air alert" if anyones interested. And to compliment this Im gonna do weights. Have done weights before for spells with sports teams and rarely found massive results. Now im after putting on some weight so body might be better equiped for wights. Im around 6 ft or 6 ft 1 and 13 stone. Looking for some advice on cratine? Thinking of using it but wanna see what you guys think?

Cheers,

Alan

Advertisement