Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DARCHA22

Morpheus77 wrote: »
    Creatine is responsible for energy in muscles, proteins are muscle tissue builder so best way is taking them togheter unless you can get proper amount of protein from your diet.

that doesnt even make sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Morpheus77

DARCHA22 wrote: »
    that doesnt even make sense
    For me question like what I shuold take creatine or proteins doesn't have sense.
    I said that you can take them but not in one time. Creatine on workout days one portion only in the morning and second after workout, non workout day
    only one portion is enough. How much of protein powder its dependent on the diet for example I need around 250g of protein per day and can supply around 180g of protein from diet, rest I'm taking from powder.

Why not with milk?? utter nonsense.

Creatine can be taken with any liquid any time of the day

You alos dont need to take creatine with your protein shakes as you advised in an earlier post.

Also you say take 10g on workout day but dont do the loading phase(20g per day for 5 days) as it damages the kidneys, that statement is laughable there is no evidence of kidney damage from creatine use and its recommended to use 5grams per day. and recommending 10g on workout days why do you recommend this???

Also the amount of "portions" or "portion" sizes is dependent on the persons entire diet, no point recommending someone has a shake 3 times a day if they are eating enough protein now is there. Post workout and fill nutritional gaps thats all they shoudlbe used for.

The amount of bad advice on here is absolutly shocking at times!

Basic of supplementation:
    fat slow down metabolism so its useless to take creatine with milk, creatine needs transporter which is a sugar so you can take creatine with juice or even with water plus glucose

If you are below 100kg and you are taking over 10g of creatine per day your body can't utilise that and creatine is converted to creatinine and this process affect your kidney. Simple or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

So.........How much should I take? Limit myself to 10 grams a day or take the recommended amount on the bottle? Continue taking protein as well?

Basic of supplementation:
    fat slow down metabolism so its useless to take creatine with milk, creatine needs transporter which is a sugar so you can take creatine with juice or even with water plus glucose

Sorry but you are wrong there. creatine can be taken with any liquid any time of the day.

Yes an insulin spike helps drive more into the muscle cells but you do not need sugar or glucose. Excercise alone will spkike insulin levels and food in the form of protein and carbs will do the same. I suppose you take CELLTECH yeh.

• Advertisement

shuffles03 wrote: »
    So.........How much should I take? Limit myself to 10 grams a day or take the recommended amount on the bottle? Continue taking protein as well?

5 grams a day every day, loading phase is optional its not necessary.

Also what are you expecting from creatine?

you wont actually feel it as such but you may see your lifts increase slightly quicker while using it over a period of time.

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Creatine -Do the 8 weeks course with 10g per workout days and 5 on non workout days.
    Proteins -if you are only bodybuilder you need 2-2.5g of protein per 1kg of your body mass -if you can get that amount from diet you dont need shakes if not you need some but easiest way will be count how much proteins you get from your food my example is per day:
    500g of chickken breast (100g of protein)
    5 eggs white (20g of protein)
    100g of fish (20g of protein)
    200g of rise or coucous (15g of protein)
    100g muesli (6g)
    50 g of nuts (10g)
    rest is from vegetables so all together around 180g per day and I'm drinking 3 protein shakes per day -in the morning whey protein(before my workout) after workout whey plus egg white plus muesli and before bed matrix of whey, egg and casein.

Sorry but you are wrong there. creatine can be taken with any liquid any time of the day.

Yes an insulin spike helps drive more into the muscle cells but you do not need sugar or glucose. Excercise alone will spkike insulin levels and food in the form of protein and carbs will do the same. I suppose you take CELLTECH yeh.
    I'm not wrong :) Creatine in poorly absorbed with milk its not my dream is FACT!!!

NO I'm not taking magic stuff like Celltech :) For proper course Im taking each product separately creatine, carbo, proteins, AAKG, because I know what is my weight what is my dietary habbits and I know when I should take what.

Grand so I'll go get some more protein then.

@Darcha22:

Tbh, I only got Creatine as I didn't have enough for Protein at the time & I was told it would do the same thing. Maybe I'm better off sticking to the Protein. However, if taking Creatine and Protein together increases muscle growth more than Protein on it's own I'd do both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Hi :)

Over the last while ive noticed some ppl in my gym drinking something out of there shakers while they train, i never have anything besides water myself but the guys im refering to are pretty big guys and it got me wondering is there something thats in these shakes/drinks thats giving them extra energy as they workout?

Ive recently been taking Jack3d on occassion before i train and while i definitely notice it does give me a boost at the start of my workout im still absolutely shatterd like i am without it by the time i finish!?:confused:

I was looking at the start of this thread (which is great may i add:D) and seen alot about Pre & PWO shakes but never anything about something for during? The stuff these guys are drinking is usually a bright reddish color but looks thicker then say a ribena?

If anyone has any ideas or any suggestions of something i can take myself to keep the energy levels up it would be great! :D:D

Hi :)

Over the last while ive noticed some ppl in my gym drinking something out of there shakers while they train, i never have anything besides water myself but the guys im refering to are pretty big guys and it got me wondering is there something thats in these shakes/drinks thats giving them extra energy as they workout?

Ive recently been taking Jack3d on occassion before i train and while i definitely notice it does give me a boost at the start of my workout im still absolutely shatterd like i am without it by the time i finish!?:confused:

I was looking at the start of this thread (which is great may i add:D) and seen alot about Pre & PWO shakes but never anything about something for during? The stuff these guys are drinking is usually a bright reddish color but looks thicker then say a ribena?

If anyone has any ideas or any suggestions of something i can take myself to keep the energy levels up it would be great! :D:D

Its can be Intravol, IntraveNOus or adreNOline (Synthesize can be sipped during workout as well) all are intra workout energy boosters and pumpers or they just drink some isotonic drinks with carbs, vitamins, minerals or BCAA's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Creatine -Do the 8 weeks course with 10g per workout days and 5 on non workout days.

Why take more on training days?

Its not more on workout days its less on non workout days. Its simple your body utilise more creatine on workout days so you dont need 10g on non workout.

There is new system invented be scientist that creatine course can take longer perion than 8 weeks for example 3-6 months but daily portion of creatine should be between 3-6g but I have never try that.

Usually I'm doing 8 weeks creatine course and then 4-6 weeks break when I'm taking arginine to maintain producing the own creatine .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Its can be Intravol, IntraveNOus or adreNOline (Synthesize can be sipped during workout as well) all are intra workout energy boosters and pumpers or they just drink some isotonic drinks with carbs, vitamins, minerals or BCAA's

Had a look online there and the only one that showed up in google was Intravol, are these the same kind of thing as Jack3d and Hot Blood? Full of caffeine to give u an energy boost? Would probably not be a good idea to take both id iamgine?

IntraveNOus is banned here because of tribulus terrestris, Intravol, Adrenoline should be available.
    It's not good idea to take both -intra and pre-workout booster togheter but I know few of madmen who taking both.

I got more protein today - Precision Engineered from H&B. This is what I'm taking:

- 5 grams of creatine before the gym in the morning
    - 5 grams of creatine mixed with a protein shake when I come back
    - a protein shake in the evening.

I'll be doing this 5 days a week as I go to the gym Mon-Fri.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

You only need 2-3g of creatine a day to maintain levels, you're body won't use any more. The dosage on containers will always be higher, since companies make more money when you buy more creatine. A few energy supplements are banned here, some for too much vitamin B. Lot's or bro-science in this thread, not many links to actual research.

Datails if about Owen S suggestion :
    new research 2-3g of Kre-Alkalyn form of creatine per day is enough, for Monohydrate 3-6g if you want to make constant supplementation (or longer supplementation 3-6 months)
    and old standard done and checked by lots of bodybuilders 6-8 weeks course with monohydrate with 10g on workout days and 5g on non workout.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭DerTierarzt

Is Nutrisport any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭jayok77

Hi, just an FYI,

The Supplement Factory is being wound down. I purchased nearly 100 euros worth of goods and the never delivered. They promised a refund after a month of trying to contact them and now I have had to go through my Credit Card company to claim back.

I did purchase off them before with no problems so didn't hesitate to go with them again but I should have copped it with no phone number or address listed.

Keep away!

http://www.thesupplementfactory.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 university god

i was just wondering if any body has bought supplements from the myprotein.com website, it seems pretty good value but i have never heard of it, just wondering if the products are any good as ive been out of training for 2 years and am trying to get back in to the groove without having to shell out the kind of dosh i used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

it is pretty good value, some people here try to avoid it because they jacked up their prices when switching to an irish site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Datails if about Owen S suggestion :
    new research 2-3g of Kre-Alkalyn form of creatine per day is enough, for Monohydrate 3-6g if you want to make constant supplementation (or longer supplementation 3-6 months)
    and old standard done and checked by lots of bodybuilders 6-8 weeks course with monohydrate with 10g on workout days and 5g on non workout.

No. Products like Kre-Alkalyn are a waste of money, creatine is creatine. You don't need to take more on workout days, it is saturated.

Did you try it or other forms?
    Thats right you dont need more on workout but you can take less on non workout :)
    I'm sorry Owen but i did my first creatine course (weider-with loading period) and Mega MAss 2000 18 years ago and since then I'm still involved in sport, when I came to Ireland 6 years ago it was nearly impossible to get smth different than Maximuscle and lots of people thought that creatine is steroid so please dont tell me what and how smth is working :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Hi Guys.

Was thinking of buying some of this product from My Protein to supplement my current diet and training regime.
    Just came here for some unbiased advice on the product as I've never used it before.
    What are yer experiences with it? Is it worth the expense and are the benefits really tangible?

Thanks in advance for your replies

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lawstud

I popped my cherry with creatine recently. I've been taking it a few weeks now. It helps with recovery. During training you may notice you can bang out one or two more reps. Its not a miracle product and it wont turn you into superman but it does help.

I think you should only take it if you are working really hard while training.

No bad side affects except maybe a little bloating but nothing major where anyone would notice.

In short I would recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

Hi Guys.

Was thinking of buying some of this product from My Protein to supplement my current diet and training regime.
    Just came here for some unbiased advice on the product as I've never used it before.
    What are yer experiences with it? Is it worth the expense and are the benefits really tangible?

Thanks in advance for your replies

An astounding yes is the answer.

"A review by Kreider showed that by 2003, approximately 300 studies had examined creatine as an ergogenic aid with 70% showing significant results and the majority of the remaining 30% showing a non-significant positive trend [15]. Short term supplementation improves “maximal power/strength (5-15%), work performed during sets of maximal effort muscle contractions (5-15%), single-effort sprint performance (1-5%), and work performed during repetitive sprint performance (5-15%)” [15]. The American College of Sports Medicine round-table discussion concluded that the greatest improvements are found in high power output exercises repeated for a number of bouts"

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

Its not more on workout days its less on non workout days. Its simple your body utilise more creatine on workout days so you dont need 10g on non workout.

There is new system invented be scientist that creatine course can take longer perion than 8 weeks for example 3-6 months but daily portion of creatine should be between 3-6g but I have never try that.

Usually I'm doing 8 weeks creatine course and then 4-6 weeks break when I'm taking arginine to maintain producing the own creatine .

Studies now actually show that five years continuous creatine is safe.

for the average person 2g/day is all they need. 5g is loads for anyone training or nontraining. 10g is never warranted

The different creatine versions are all scams.

There is too much myth about creatine, all created to get a piece of the pie in a massively saturated market

• Advertisement

So I should just take 1 teaspoon (5grams) of creatine before the gym, a protein shake without creatine after the gym and then another protein shake in the evening. Cool.

Advertisement