Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Hi All,
    Has anyone ordered from Gunners recently? If so how did ye go. I know befor Christmas things were running a bit slow but I see on his website he has moved to a new base and hired more staff. Would be good if he got turn around times sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

I have. VERY slow took nearly 2 weeks for him to ship the items. Then it took around 2 more weeks to arive.

Really dissapointing:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

last order i made from him took two weeks, from payment to sitting at my door (Well almost)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Have today, small and simple enough order (Galaxy MP5K, 2 JG hicaps, €87 all in vs €82 without the hicaps @ RSOV), will let ya know how it turns out.

EDIT: while we're on about shipping timescales, how long from eHobby, usually? It's getting on 2 weeks since my eBay Buy-It-Nows (gloves + knee/elbow pads) :confused: I'd like to buy some more gear from them, but not if it's never going to arrive :rolleyes:

ambro25 wrote:
    Have today, small and simple enough order (Galaxy MP5K, 2 JG hicaps, €87 all in vs €82 without the hicaps @ RSOV), will let ya know how it turns out.

EDIT: while we're on about shipping timescales, how long from eHobby, usually? It's getting on 2 weeks since my eBay Buy-It-Nows (gloves + knee/elbow pads) :confused: I'd like to buy some more gear from them, but not if it's never going to arrive :rolleyes:

When you buy the cheap stuff from EHobby they just send it Airmail. I got a scope from them and it took about 2 weeks to arrive. They wont have a tracking number for it either but I got a mask from another supplier about a week befor and they both arrived together.

Gunners is good on price but its his shopping times that let him down. Hope he gets better as I have no patiance. Buy it today, want it yesterday:D

• Advertisement

anybody have any idea how much shipping would be from UNcompany for a star M249 one of the lads wants to get one. i'm in the checkout but don't wanna commit to but not sure how far it will let me go

never mind just found the estimated costs bits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

If you commit to order you are not committed to making the order. I just tells you how much the shipping is and your order number.

thinkhe's gonna try of E-hobby, but may have ordered one by accident from wolf, i ahte sites that don't give you a shipping charge until you have ordered, trying to cancel it as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

LIGHTNING wrote:
    Oh man a M249! God I would love to have one of them, I might be going overboard but I think you could conquer the world with one of them.

the way it worked for me was i committed an order and they came back and told me the shipping cost. then u pay.if you dont like it you dont have to pay, that was how i remember it. however you could email them and ask

on a small point, yes u could conquer the world, just expect to buy a lot of bb's! from memory there is an auto wind box with it and it holds 2 or 3 thousand bb's...imagine the suppressing fire from that!! LOL they are around 500 rounds a minute. u might want to read some reviews on it beforehand just to make sure its as good as we all think.

are u thinking the para model?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

ambro25 wrote:
    EDIT: while we're on about shipping timescales, how long from eHobby, usually? It's getting on 2 weeks since my eBay Buy-It-Nows (gloves + knee/elbow pads) :confused:

Well, what do you know... never mind, arrived this morning :)

So, timescale guideline for 'cheap stuff' (outfitting gear): ordered 05 June, arrived 18 June.

• Advertisement

wish it was for me, one of th lads just got a credit card at min he only has a P-90 and its kinda been his wet dream since we discovered airsoft to have M-249. think he is ging with a Star M-249 MK-2, full stock auto winding mag, loks really sweet only about 500 delivered, might be tempted myself, gonna wait for his to come first though :)

if it was me i'd be going for a para alright, battery can be held in teh mag or stock, so no real loss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭silver haze

ordered an AK there the Sat before last and it still hasnt arrived. i am waiting on the tracking no from Rsov since thursday, it was sent to the email address given to Paypal which was misspelt.
    any ideas/experiances as to delivery times?

ambro25 wrote:

just to check i compared the prices for a dboys (same model ) from gunner and rsov (all prices in euro)

rsov price : 88.64 shipping 56.15
    gunner price: 78.84 shipping 49.56

not much but enough....

given my own personal experience, i would rather pay the €10 and go with it from rsov

tony, lightening...is that ye...

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_reviews_info.php?products_id=348&reviews_id=335

lol..me thinks someone is quite annoyed...

don't think i left any feedback on gunner, and can't get on to look, anything with a shopping cart or wepaon is blocked in work

tony, lightening...is that ye...

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_reviews_info.php?products_id=348&reviews_id=335

lol..me thinks someone is quite annoyed...

This has been the problem with Guner al along. Very slow to ship. €10-20 extra with RSOV I think is a safe bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

indeed

might give him another chance when he settles in his new premises, delivery wasn't too bad but no communication was a real killer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ciarancummins

I ordered a dboys M4 from rsov on friday last, and it is in portlaoise now. so hopefully I will have it in a day or two. Thats pretty fast.

Is there anything that can speed up the customs process? i.e. ringing them??

Cheers,
    Ciaran

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Dont know if its possible to speed it up , but ive always recieved my "goods" the next day after its arrived in Portlaoise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

My first order took 5 days, second took 11(working) and i made my third on sunday and it was shipped monday...

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

Ordered some Nametapes and dog tags from 1800NAMETAPE.com on the 16th and got them today :D I got 7 nametaps/2 dog tags/and 100 iron on tags (the white paper stuff bottom right) for$44.95,$15 of that was for express shipping(they had others but i'm impatient :P) .

EDIT:: forgot to put theres a minimum order on the nametapes of 3.

1800NAMETAPE.JPG

I ordered a dboys M4 from rsov on friday last, and it is in portlaoise now. so hopefully I will have it in a day or two. Thats pretty fast.

Is there anything that can speed up the customs process? i.e. ringing them??

Cheers,
    Ciaran

I don't think its a good idea to go at the customs guys yet. If you don't have it in say about 4 days after arrival in Portlaois then give them a ring. I think to go calling them now would raise a flag to your package and they might pay it extra attention. But this is only my thought.

And welcome to the group as my surname is also Cummins.

EyesOnly wrote:
    Ordered some Nametapes and dog tags from 1800NAMETAPE.com on the 16th and got them today :D I got 7 nametaps/2 dog tags/and 100 iron on tags (the white paper stuff bottom right) for$44.95,$15 of that was for express shipping(they had others but i'm impatient :P) .

1800NAMETAPE.JPG

They are cool. I asked at a local embrodiery place here in Galway about getting them names done and they were looking for 20€ for one.

EyesOnly wrote:

1800NAMETAPE.JPG

jeeze i might order some of them...good find!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

i read it in this/last months AI mag, very quick in answering questions too :D

EyesOnly wrote:
    i read it in this/last months AI mag, very quick in answering questions too :D

Ordered 3 just to see how they go for the crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

o1s1n wrote:
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    I didn't realize it was the ABS version. I just saw HFC and thought "full metal".

*doh!*

Thank's for outbidding me Gandalf :p

This baby landed yesterday and yep its full abs outer but still a nice piece of kit and fits nicely in the hand. Fired a mag off last night and it goes straight all the way down the garden around 10 mtrs so it looks like it will be handy in a scrape.

Extremely impressed with eHobby's shipping times again. Shipped on Saturday and delivered on Wednesday. I'll be using them a fair bit more for bits and pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

How much did you get it for in the end Gandalf ?

Advertisement