Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

scumlord, have not tried it but paypal works with irish banks now, or so i told, so you could move money to your paypal 'account' and pay from it...no cc needed...as i say i have not tried it, but might be worth a look to see if its done..i think aib was linked in...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

If anyone is placing an order with any airsoft retailer, please let me know. I forgot to buy a sling for the G3. Doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

I should be making one with ehobby today for a 2800rd autowinding box mag. Do you want me to throw in a 3/2/1 point sling?

liamo333 wrote:
    I should be making one with ehobby today for a 2800rd autowinding box mag. Do you want me to throw in a 3/2/1 point sling?

Yes please. If you could throw in an order for a universal 3 point sling, that would be great.
    ( like http://cgi.ebay.com/G-P-Universal-3-POINT-QD-Tactical-Rifle-Sling-GP116B_W0QQitemZ270125978312QQihZ017QQcategoryZ73977QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem )

Could I be cheeky and ask you to add the following as well? It's replacement/upgrade parts of my AK gearbox that broke today.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Prometheus-STEEL-Shims-Set-f-Marui-Airsoft-AEG-PM-22_W0QQitemZ270125118267QQihZ017QQcategoryZ64635QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/SYSTEMA-Oilless-Metal-Bushing-ALL-Airsoft-AEG-ZS0514_W0QQitemZ270125102602QQihZ017QQcategoryZ64635QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Guarder-STEEL-GEAR-SET-Original-Type-V2-3-AEG-GE-02-01_W0QQitemZ270125056576QQihZ017QQcategoryZ64635QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I can give you the money in advance via paypal or in cash. It comes to $63.39 (€47.16) inc shipping, so I'll make it an even €55.

Would really appreciate this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Yes please. If you could throw in an order for a universal 3 point sling, that would be great.
    ( like http://cgi.ebay.com/G-P-Universal-3-POINT-QD-Tactical-Rifle-Sling-GP116B_W0QQitemZ270125978312QQihZ017QQcategoryZ73977QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem )

Could I be cheeky and ask you to add the following as well? It's replacement/upgrade parts of my AK gearbox that broke today.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Prometheus-STEEL-Shims-Set-f-Marui-Airsoft-AEG-PM-22_W0QQitemZ270125118267QQihZ017QQcategoryZ64635QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/SYSTEMA-Oilless-Metal-Bushing-ALL-Airsoft-AEG-ZS0514_W0QQitemZ270125102602QQihZ017QQcategoryZ64635QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Guarder-STEEL-GEAR-SET-Original-Type-V2-3-AEG-GE-02-01_W0QQitemZ270125056576QQihZ017QQcategoryZ64635QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I can give you the money in advance via paypal or in cash. It comes to $63.39 (€47.16) inc shipping, so I'll make it an even €55.

Would really appreciate this.

Should i hold off on putting your gearbox back together?

Just so you know btw, ehobby doesn't give discounts on shipping for large orders, so you'd be just as well to order the stuff yourself anyway

(although nothing wrong with going in together on orders if it saves on shipping, just not much point with ehobby)

• Advertisement

kdouglas wrote:
    Should i hold off on putting your gearbox back together?

Just so you know btw, ehobby doesn't give discounts on shipping for large orders, so you'd be just as well to order the stuff yourself anyway

(although nothing wrong with going in together on orders if it saves on shipping, just not much point with ehobby)

No discounts? Damn ehobby. Ah well, guess I should just place the order myself then. Thanks for the offer though Liam.

I'm not sure about the gearbox now. I'm half decided about whether to just get it working again with the CYMA gear you have, or holding off and using the steel parts listed above.

Any suggestions? Should I just hope it works ok and have the spare parts there just in case, or wait for the parts to arrive and upgrade it while the AK is currently stripped down?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

ok, completely off-topic, to PM batman....

Wait until you get the parts from ehobby and then put it back together.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

scumlord, have not tried it but paypal works with irish banks now, or so i told, so you could move money to your paypal 'account' and pay from it...no cc needed...as i say i have not tried it, but might be worth a look to see if its done..i think aib was linked in...
    No they don't do that yet, as far as I can tell it's only in the states they do that. I did get an email saying they've got themselves set up in Luxembourg so maybe it's not to far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I must say Fire-support are top lads. They sent my MP7 on Tuesday and it was waiting for me when I got home today! Only £15 shipping and all. If only they did not forget to ship the charger aswell it would have been perfect:(.

So now I'm going to have to just look at it for the weekend, at least the Glock is due tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

. If only they did not forget to ship the charger aswell it would have been perfect:(.

Ah that's the pits! Looks like you're going to have to generate your own sound effects all weekend.

Bang! Bang! is a bit over done and very cliched.. You might want to try Bakka Bakka or something similar.

:D

Thats mean.:D

Thing is, I have a charger I got with my JG G36. It says on the charger that its rated input supply is 220V at 50hz, thats fine it will work in our sockets. The problem, its a two pin and I can't do the old screwdriver trick as the pins a too close together. I have not been able to find a 2 - 3 pin adapter rated at 220V. :mad:

You would think me being a second year electrician would be able to figure something out, but there you go.:o

Master of the Universe

You need a lump hammer to hit the plug in:)

o1s1n wrote:

I have one of those shaver adapters and I have tried it with this charger but its a very very loose fit.

Just going to have to wait.. or see can a get one from Derek tomorrow.. somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Thats mean.:D

The problem, its a two pin and I can't do the old screwdriver trick as the pins a too close together. I have not been able to find a 2 - 3 pin adapter rated at 220V. :mad:

Wouldn't an IPAT* do the job ? You can find them in most electrical retailers, and a lot of the larger grocery chains (Tesco, Dunnes, etc.)

*International Plug Adapter Thingy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Does anyone know of any airsoft shops in Birmingham? All I've found is http://www.airsoftarmoury.co.uk I've emailed them looking for the address of their Birmingham shop but I think it's outside the city in Cannock, the other side of the city from where I'll be.

Any more places more central over there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Ah f*ck!!! f*ck-f*ck-f*ck-f*ck, f*ck-a-duck!

Just checked my RSOV order's whereabouts online.

Keith has taken the delivery address from Paypal, but not noted the correction like I told him to :mad:

So now it's going "blah-blah-blah, Dublin, France" instead of "blah-blah-blah, Dublin, Ireland".

(I use my French card with Paypal, better security + only ever keeps low amounts in the account, with no overdraft allowed, for security - Paypal automatically adds the country in which the card is issued and you can't change it)

I guess that's gonna be lost then. Just emailed him about it, we'll see what says he.

[screams]F********************CK![/screams]

Master of the Universe

:( thats no good. Was it a big order? ...I take it theres no exact address the same as yours in France. It might sit over there for a while after some failed delivery attempts and then be sent back to China.

Still no sign of my RSOV order showing up in Ireland yet. Been a week and three days. Im starting to get impatient...

You should be able to contact speedpost/ups/dhl or whoever is handing the package and specify an alternate delivery address. They'd probably just need the tracking number.

• Advertisement

When I orderd my mp5 it was shipped to Iceland. They obiously realised that it was Dublin in Ireland not in Iceland. The same will proably happen with yours if the people in the french postal service have half a brain.

liamo333 wrote:
    When I orderd my mp5 it was shipped to Iceland. They obiously realised that it was Dublin in Ireland not in Iceland. The same will proably happen with yours if the people in the french postal service have half a brain.

There are 10 cities called 'Dublin' in the US. Might end up there. :eek:

Dunno. Keith sent me a 'reassuring' email yesterday, letting me know he'll go down to the PO and try and sort something on Monday.

As far as I can tell, there's no "Dublin" town or village in France, so with any luck, indeed they'll click.

I've asked him to suss out what's gonna happen:
    * whether he'll just get the parcel back
    * whether the couriers will contact for an alternate delivery address (and I've told him I can supply an alternative delivery address in France, to which the card I use with Paypal is registered, if they can't forward towards Ireland)
    * whether he can call on the couriers and let them know the mistake to try and redirect the thing on the way.

Not a big order, but my 'main' order - the DBoys M4A1 full metal, with additional mags and battery.

Ain't I just gonna look fresh with all my cammo and tac gear... and no shooter - dressed up with nowher to go :rolleyes:

Guess I'll have to rent from nonex then :(

Master of the Universe

Finally a tracking update on my pistol. Was beginning to get worried.

DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE DUBLIN 12

Should have it tomorrow so. Cheapo green gas dont fail me now.

Looks like Gunner Airsoft is expanding - check the linkie'd pix on the homepage, them stacked boxes are pure airsoft pron :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

You said it!
    warehouse-01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Right my ehobby order is now showing in Portlaoise but no sign on the An Post site of my rsov order which shipped 3 days earlier on there at all. Should I be worried? I want my hands on this gear so I too can post Gear Pron photos :p

(Reviews will follow after I get to use 'em a bit :D)

gandalf wrote:
    Right my ehobby order is now showing in Portlaoise but no sign on the An Post site of my rsov order which shipped 3 days earlier on there at all. Should I be worried? I want my hands on this gear so I too can post Gear Pron photos :p

(Reviews will follow after I get to use 'em a bit :D)

I wouldn't be worried yet. My order just showed up on An Posts tracking site. It's in Portlaosie as well. They seem to be running a bit slower than normal for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Naw not worried just impatient, have ordered loads off the net at my advanced stage in life :p

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be worried yet. My order just showed up on An Posts tracking site. It's in Portlaosie as well. They seem to be running a bit slower than normal for some reason.

I just daren't think about why that is... after all the gear that's supposedly coming through from RSOV and others, judging from posts in here :rolleyes: :D

Advertisement