Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Mine's in the Dublin mail center. Neh neh! :p Seemed to totally skip customs.

Although, g3s and mp40s are a little bigger than pistols.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

I wouldn't be worried yet. My order just showed up on An Posts tracking site. It's in Portlaosie as well. They seem to be running a bit slower than normal for some reason.

I just daren't think about why that is... after all the gear that's supposedly coming through from RSOV and others, judging from posts in here :rolleyes: :D

On a downbeat note:

* 05-Jun-2007 / Hong Kong / The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 5-Jun-2007
    * 11-Jun-2007 / France / Arrived and is being processed.

I feel like crying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well my ehobby order arrived this morning, that you Mr. AnPost courier for waking me up and making sure I wasn't late for work (no c charges either). All I can say is the KJW Sig is an absolute beaut visually. Expect Gear Pron tonight.

The RSOV order is not showing up on An Post tracking at all so I am getting a little nervous now considering it had a 3 day head start on the eHobby order. Anyone else experiencing delays with their deliveries from them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

gandalf wrote:

The RSOV order is not showing up on An Post tracking at all so I am getting a little nervous now considering it had a 3 day head start on the eHobby order. Anyone else experiencing delays with their deliveries from them?

Rsov are moving premises at the moment....it might just be a logistical delay while they move.

Well, my RSOV order has to go back to Keith, after it's little holiday in France (whenever that finishes).

Can't change the destination country or address whichever way I try/look at it, and neither can keith.

Cherry on the cake - I'll get charged the trip back to HK, and again from HK to IE, if I want it.

F*cking gutted. Here I am trying to sort the matter for the French post guys who won't know what to do with it other than send it back, and to stop the damned thing needlessly going around the world again (come on, another what... 400-500 miles? Instead of 3000?) and the usual French bureaucratic sh1te strikes again. I knew there was a reason I'd left the country for. :( :mad:

• Advertisement

Shiva wrote:
    Rsov are moving premises at the moment....it might just be a logistical delay while they move.

Naw I have a tracking number and Hong Kong Post show it having left there for Ireland on the 6th, since then no sign of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Same happend with my sr 16, it is proably in Ireland and hasnt been processed.

My Bell and 1911 too...I've noticed if it takes a few days to be processed, it seems to go straight into Dublin, and evades "the other place" in the Midlands.

Thats been the case for me anyway. Once it shows up in Dublin, you usually get it the next morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

Sounds like there'll be a lot of happy faces in hrta on saturday.... Exept you Ambro...hope everything sorts itself out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Current Status

FROM CUSTOMS 11 June 07
    Item History

Activity Location Date
    FROM CUSTOMS PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE 11 June 07
    INTO CUSTOMS PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE 11 June 07
    ARRIVED PORTLAOISE OVR CO LAOIS 11 June 07

Yay! Should have it tomorrow. Quick stay in Customs makes me optimistic.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

gandalf wrote:
    Naw I have a tracking number and Hong Kong Post show it having left there for Ireland on the 6th, since then no sign of it.

I had a similar problem. Hong Kong post said it had been sent out on the 2nd. Only showed up on Anpost yesterday! *PHEW*. Was just about to get onto Keith.

Now it's in my local post office. Thought it would have been delivered today :mad:

Mark_Sc wrote:
    Sounds like there'll be a lot of happy faces in hrta on saturday.... Exept you Ambro...hope everything sorts itself out

Not happenin' I'm afraid.

Keith tried HK PO - they told him they can't change the address once it's left the country. So then Keith emailed me a pdf of the shipping/packing slip and asked me to try and see if I can sort something at the French side (fair enough, much easier for me). Can't fault the guy for tryin' - his english is bad enough as it is.

I then spent a good hour and a half this morning tracking down who-the-f*ck to speak to in France about it (no joke - it just about amounts to trying to ID the Don in some sort of mafia :eek: ) - all the harder since they still don't have the parcel tag in their own tracking system. So it's somewhere in Roissy CDG airport. Then for them to tell me they don't accept any other change of address instructions than from the sender (the sender being HK PO, not Keith) - even though there's Keith phone number on the packing slip, in case. Makes ya wonder WTF do they need a phone number for.

So FUBAR - back to HK it goes.

I'm gonna try & see if I can haggle something with Keith - e.g. send me a full metal CQBR instead, and I'll pay difference (about £5 extra) + fret again.

Wow that sucks man, im sure keith will dosomething for you he's such a nice guy.

Back home circa. 17:30...WTF?!? ANPOST SLIP in letterbox?!? €23.69 customs duty?!?

IT'S HERE! IN IRELAND! IT'S ARRIVED! ATTEMPTED DELIVERY EARLIER TODAY!

First time EVER that I'm going to fork out Custom man's money with a smile :D

On a more serious note now: don't believe the HK Post tracking is very reliable - this morning, it still showed it was in France :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

sweet man, happy to hear you got it

ambro25 wrote:
    Back home circa. 17:30...WTF?!? ANPOST SLIP in letterbox?!? €23.69 customs duty?!?

IT'S HERE! IN IRELAND! IT'S ARRIVED! ATTEMPTED DELIVERY EARLIER TODAY!

First time EVER that I'm going to fork out Custom man's money with a smile :D

On a more serious note now: don't believe the HK Post tracking is very reliable - this morning, it still showed it was in France :eek:

Well that's a a pleasant surprise.

Mind you, trust the customs people to put a small dampner on celebrations with a tax. Still, it's not as bad as the €88 tax I paid on mine today.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

it's not as bad as the €88 tax I paid on mine today.
    What did you buy? a Gatling gun?

Well have asked Keith to see if he can chase it up on his end as still no sign of the order on the An Post site (I guess their work slow has got slower!), I have dangled the carrot of another order when this one arrives. I want him to source a HFC VSR-11 springer for me.

Hmm the Large Screen LCD fund has taken a battering this month :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

gandalf wrote:
    Well have asked Keith to see if he can chase it up on his end as still no sign of the order on the An Post site (I guess their work slow has got slower!), I have dangled the carrot of another order when this one arrives. I want him to source a HFC VSR-11 springer for me.

Hmm the Large Screen LCD fund has taken a battering this month :D

gandalf, i would not worry. it always goes into a black hole in tracking once it leaves hong kong. always scares the bejesus out of me too, but you will do a track and trace soon on an post and it will appear...

Yes But I Want It Now !!!!

• Advertisement

gandalf, i would not worry. it always goes into a black hole in tracking once it leaves hong kong. always scares the bejesus out of me too, but you will do a track and trace soon on an post and it will appear...

An Post tracking said my order was in Portlaoise. It stayed like that until AFTER it got delivered!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

An Post tracking said my order was in Portlaoise. It stayed like that until AFTER it got delivered!

haha yea, I got a helpful reminder phonecall from my dad who was tracking tyres for me a few months ago. Phoned me up saying 'I hope you're awake and up, your tyres are in the van and on the way!' just said yea, they've been here about 4 hours, and I've had em fitted for 2... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭frozenbullet

kdouglas wrote:
    Hey guys, thinking about getting a new airsoft gun, possibly an mp5 or a p90, anyone got any recommendations on where to buy?

Either electric or gas powered model, but obviously within the 1joule legal limit?
    www.Vipershop.co.uk seems like a decent shop to buy from.There based in
    downpatrick.

Master of the Universe

I was reading a thread about that on Arnies last night. I love the little warning ehobby put up on all the listings about the clones. Thought it was decent of them!

Has anyone gotten a discount off RSOV before? Im a little short of cash for my M4 but since ive made a few orders before(both of which i had minor problems with) and im getting a few accesories i think he wouldnt mind giving me a small one.

Mark_Sc wrote:
    Has anyone gotten a discount off RSOV before? Im a little short of cash for my M4 but since ive made a few orders before(both of which i had minor problems with) and im getting a few accesories i think he wouldnt mind giving me a small one.

In one of the reviews on his site the writer said he got a discount.

Ask him...worst he can do is say no, but he might say yes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Mark_Sc wrote:

I have an order pending with him. Just trying to get the cash together. About 200€ all in and that includes a £10stg discount. Not a lot but every little helps.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

liamo333 wrote:

I wonder will anyone else bid on it? :eek: I might watch it till the end and throw one in if it doesnt change.

Advertisement