Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

normally about the same, what ya getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

BTW another thumbs up for Airsoft Scotland. Got a leather sling and snipers headgear sent in 3 working days from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Mark_Sc wrote:
    Yep thats it

A little off topic: with ehobby is shipping to ireland just the same as to US or how does it work?

mark they normally for me add a few dollars for ireland for an aeg or us only item

also i ordered from ehobby posted on monday, arrived here...when ??? anyone anyone bueller, anyone YESTERDAY!!!

of course it is stuck in customs, looks like there maybe a bit of a backlog

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Jeez what a can of worms. Its like been back at the beginning again when Airsoft was first legalized. Hopefully someone can find out what exactly we are allowed as it would shocking to buy a sniper rifle and not be allowed to mount a scope on it.

EDIT: Well its not really I know we have come a long way since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

has anyone actually had any problems getting a scope or laser? i doubt it, I never have and i dont know anyone els that has.....just buy the bloody things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,608 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You are wrong with the laser thing by the way. It's got nothing to do with whether the laser beam is visible or not. It's got nothing to do with the power of the laser. A red dot laster has a "light beam" which comes out of it and paints a dot on a target. That's where the problem is.

If it's this kind of a laser with a weaver rail, then it falls under the component part of a firearm section.

Scopes are absolutely fine as they don't have a beam which fires out of them.
    So if a there was a light emmiting/laser sight or night vision sight that was designed for airsoft, then it would be legal. So, any such item made by an airsoft manufacturer could be within the law. Question is, do they exist?

And no Crazy, that loop hole won't work :D

If it has the capability to be fitted on a firearm, then it falls under this.

Master of the Universe

fletch... wrote:
    has anyone actually had any problems getting a scope or laser? i doubt it, I never have and i dont know anyone els that has.....just buy the bloody things

There is no problem buying a scope. There is a problem buying a laser to mount. The problem I had wasn't whether or not people are buying them. That's none of my business.

If it is in actual fact illegal to do, I'd rather people didn't discuss it on here. That is what I was getting at and was looking for clarification in to.

ah yes, i understand, the whole keep airsoft and firearms/ componants a good distance apart.

Master of the Universe

Yep,there is that.

Although the one which concerns me most is "giving people advice in how to import firearms components". Which doesn't sound the best when you word it like that.

mite be a good idea to delete them so

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Just waiting to hear back from Sparks before I go editing anything/making up new scary rules. I needed a shooters opinion as I'm not 100% on it myself.

But anyway. Back to airsoft retailers.

I still don't have any gas from Vipershop. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

o1s1n wrote:
    Just waiting to hear back from Sparks before I go editing anything/making up new scary rules. I needed a shooters opinion as I'm not 100% on it myself.

But anyway. Back to airsoft retailers.

I still don't have any gas from Vipershop. :mad:

How long are you waiting now?

Master of the Universe

MaxForce wrote:
    How long are you waiting now?

Since I first emailed them about it? Two weeks. Since it was posted, two days. Thought it might be here today seeing as we're located one the same lump o' land. No such luck though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 DaMav

any1 gt electric bb guns dey want 2 sell

Master of the Universe

DaMav wrote:
    any1 gt electric bb guns dey want 2 sell

Please read the forum charter and stickys before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

o1s1n if ya ordered from Firesupport those gbb's of yours would be singing today :D

And they would have gotten a ferry ride into the bargain as well !!!

Master of the Universe

gandalf wrote:
    o1s1n if ya ordered from Firesupport those gbb's of yours would be singing today :D

And they would have gotten a ferry ride into the bargain as well !!!

The abbey gas twice the price on firesupport! Us students can't be as frivolous as you rich employed kings. :D

Has anyone ordered a airsoft gun from www.ballymountfs.com, they give very little info on their site but they have good stock.

Master of the Universe

There's a guy here called spitfire666 who has bought several things from him. Should pop into the thread once he sees this.

thanks, you know anyone selling good quaity airsoft guns new/second hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Miscreant

DaMav wrote:
    Has anyone ordered a airsoft gun from www.ballymountfs.com, they give very little info on their site but they have good stock.

I've bought a few bits from there before. The place is only down the road from my house so it was handy at the time. Nice, friendly guy and he can order in stuff for you to collect or can send it on to you at a price too.

Whats his instore selection like

There is no in store selection unfortunately. It is not a shop of sorts, more of a warehouse type setup and a blink and you will miss it premises. The catalogue on the website pretty much describes it all. He may have a limited stock of BBs and some Gas but I don't think he keeps a stock of AEGs or GBB Pistols. Mainly order on demand really.

Does it take long to come in

DaMav wrote:

Not too sure on that one. Any of the stuff I got from him was in stock (like I said, he keeps limited BBs and some Gas). Probably comparable to waiting for stuff to arrive from Hong Kong at about a week or so.
    You could always try some of the other places recommended in this thread as well. E-Hobby and RSOV are pretty good places to get stuff and the delivery times are not too bad either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

DaMav wrote:

Go to www.rsov.com or www.ehobbyasia.com.
    It usually takes from 5 to 10 days. You might get stung for customs when it gets into Ireland, which you have to pay to the postman/delivery guy.

Now...Can I suggest you actually read this thread about airsoft and paintball retailers ?
    Every question you've asked in the past hour has been answered more than once in here.

i wasnt on about other companies just bally mount fs. it dosent state delivery times on his site.

DaMav wrote:
    i wasnt on about other companies just bally mount fs. it dosent state delivery times on his site.

You could always give him a buzz in the morning to ask him. I can't, for the life of me, remember what his name was but he was a really nice guy and he will be happy to talk it over with you anyway. You never know, he might even have a stock in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Miscreant wrote:
    I can't, for the life of me, remember what his name was

Derek Talbot.

• Advertisement

Shiva wrote:
    Derek Talbot.

Thanks for that Shiva. I was always terrible with names. Never forget a face though:D

Advertisement