Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: 2X22 - "Three Minutes" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

Wasn't the boat something he asked for?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Franky Boy wrote:
    Wasn't the boat something he asked for?
    Yeah.. but i assumed he meant the fishing trawler type thing they ambushed them in at the end of last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭sephirosis

I really thought killing Ana Lucia was going to be on the list of things for Michael to do... but it appears he did it more out of connivence than anything else.

as horrible as that sounds it's true! Michael really did kill someone (two people if you will even though Libby was accidental) for sheer convenience. It's not like he couldn't have done it in such a way as to avoid just shooting someone.

Or why not come back and just tell the truth? That he had to free henry and the others wanted Jack, Kate, James and Hugo? that way they could have at least tried to lay a trap/ambush on the others, but no, the second he knew where Henry was he kills the nearest witness so he can let him go immediately.

I would have no sympathy for anything that happens to Michael from here on. If he does get away on this boat he wants from the others, I hope it sinks and he dies*

*Well I hope Walt lives though, he doesn't deserve it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

that was a another average episode. A whole 40 minutes to explain something we already knew... and did we really need the "today" caption poping up everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭cerebis

What did he mean by "they're pretending" ???

ummm fake beards!! old tatty costumes..! we already knew they were putting on a show since kate found these items....

as sunn said "that was a another average episode. A whole 40 minutes to explain something we already knew..." I completly agree....no real revelations in this one...hope next week's one is good...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

So Michael hits Locke with the butt of a rifle, then locks him in the safe with Jack, runs off into the jungle, loses a pistol and a rifle, comes back in a heap and everyone's glad to see him? Then he insists that Hurley come on a rescue mission and only Sayid finds this unusual? :confused:

Everyone's nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

a whole season explained in next weeks two hour ep

live together die alone - clue is in the title

so they want

jack
    kate
    sawyer
    hurley

all the above killed people accidentally (hmm except kate who just killed a few people she didnt like)

so micheal wasnt injected with mind conditioning stuff like claire?
    they took his blood to establish paternity, hmmm
    they ask 'did he(walt) appear places he wasn't suppose to appear'?
    clearly related to the 'remote viewing' thing
    walt confirms that the others are in disguise, weird
    the 'her' woman is a total bee atch and zeke has a great beer belly on him

at one stage it appears that echos hatch clock is at 3 min but theres no beep(second time 'round)

and of course sayid has it all sussed

michael has the sickness (he was throwing up) the others have obviously infected him, i still think the sickness is a controlled virus, maybe a mind altering thing also interesting stuff next week should be good, it had better be!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Cina wrote:
    that was confirmed a few episodes when kate found zekes fake beard. i think the general concensus is that the others are some sort of dharma employees.

Also, Desmond on the boat? it's possible, he did say he was going sailing, however why the **** would he come back? It could be a fresh batch of Losties, it would make sense, new people = new flashbacks to drag things out.

I get the feeling that Desmond legged it back to his boat, sailed off from one side of the island, and ended up right back on the other. Fenry harped on about "God can't see this island any more than the rest of the world can" - something tells me that Desmond has just finished his round-the-world trip. The world just turned out to be a lot smaller than he expected! :)

The Others are obviously playing Michael. As Fenry said, they'd never give him Walt - he's the focus of all of their attention. Quite obviously, this is all a trap. However, many people have asked the purpose of this trap. Is it because they've all seen Zeke? I don't think Hurley has... and why not take Locke too? Is it because they all have a grudge against Dharma / Hanso? In that case, surely Sayid would be the most obvious candidate?!? It all seems strange.

Looks like Charlie was being tested by the island again, and this time passed with flying colours. Perhaps the island wants to re-unite him with Locke now that they are both back on a good path?

Something tells me that Jack's off-hand comment about burying his father will turn out to be more important than it looked. Why mention Christian Shepard again? I think Sayid has met, or will meet him again soon. The White Rabbit has still yet to be found on the island. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

God dammit.

It had to end like that. Bring on the 2hour finale. :)

Really enjoyed this ep.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Metacortex wrote:
    ...As for the boat, i would be suprised if it is Desmond's. I seem to remember him saying his boat rand into rocks and sank. Can anyone confirm if thats true? I forget his exact wording...

Yes, I think that's right.

I have a funny feeling that when the boat gets to the beach there will be no one on board, or there would be only dead people.

stevejazzx wrote:
    live together die alone - clue is in the title

so they want

jack
    kate
    sawyer
    hurley

all the above killed people accidentally (hmm except kate who just killed a few people she didnt like)
    When did Hurley accidentally kill someone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Apapaia wrote:
    When did Hurley accidentally kill someone?
    I was thinking this too. The only thing i came up with but he kinda "indirectly" killed his grandfather due to his bad luck... i don't think it really counts though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

stevejazzx wrote:
    michael has the sickness (he was throwing up) the others have obviously infected him, i still think the sickness is a controlled virus, maybe a mind altering thing also interesting stuff next week should be good, it had better be!

why do people always jump to the wrong conclusions...

michael threw up because of guilt/shame.. eko tells him a story about a boy that killed his dog because it bit his sister and wanted to know if he would go to hell.. eko explained that god would forgive his actions.. to which the kid replied ' i don't want to go to hell because that dog will be waiting for me..'

.. michael then realises that eko knows and is hit by the fact that he has murdered two people .. and thus throws up

... as for the jack, kate, sawyer and hurley... i think you're all missing the big picture... because it was jack, kate, james ford and hurley, not sawyer.

when did hurley accidentally kill someone

basquille wrote:
    I was thinking this too. The only thing i came up with but he kinda "indirectly" killed his grandfather due to his bad luck... i don't think it really counts though.

ep dave
    emm i remeber a stroy he tells the doctor in the mental home about stepping onto wooden structure on or by a boat which collasped and peole died as a result(hurley blamed his weight), i understood it was the reason he was there in the first place,

loon wrote:

michael threw up because of guilt/shame.. eko tells him a story about a boy that killed his dog because it bit his sister and wanted to know if he would go to hell.. eko explained that god would forgive his actions.. to which the kid replied ' i don't want to go to hell because that dog will be waiting for me..'

.. michael then realises that eko knows and is hit by the fact that he has murdered two people .. and thus throws up

... as for the jack, kate, sawyer and hurley... i think you're all missing the big picture... because it was jack, kate, james ford and hurley, not sawyer.

I don't think Eko knows, but just that Micheal was overwhelmed by guilt after hearing the story.

i think he does.. he was indicating that god will forgive your sins if they are brought about by justified means.. michael realises that his were not justified and whether or not he's religious and despite the fact 'they took my boy'.. what he did was truely bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Apapaia wrote:
    I don't think Eko knows, but just that Micheal was overwhelmed by guilt after hearing the story.

Come on now, That story would be abit to random if he didn't know.

Jack was far too quick to believe micheal and then far to quick to believe sayid, that didn't make any sense to me. Who would buy the "no no, only us five", why specifically those five. He never explained the need for exactly five people.

Also the whole way micheal was with the other, demand stuff of them, it jsut wasn't believable, nor is his stupidity for that that matter. He really thinks they are telling the truth, after his son told his that they weren't who they claimed to be?

loon wrote:

yeah your probably right,
    but I'm pretty sure there must be some follow up on the show from when they drugged claire, the drugs she recieved seemed to make her complicit with the idea that giving up her baby was a good thing, I've always the thought that if they(dharma) used such drugs then this is perhaps how they have gotten micheal to be so complicit in their plans,(obviously freeing walt is prime objective but even with that in mind double homicide is a bit much) however i think that the ep 3 minutes went to some lenghts to show michaels motivitation(the scene with walt) also i think that in the finale the sickeness is gonna play a big part(claire recieved a timly gesture from charlie recentle indicating such) and obviously with the secret w.h.o letters from the hanso site it would seem that considerable effort is being spent on developing controlled viruses
    p.s please don't call me 'people' it's condensending patronising and pretensious,

cheers

steve

ok peeps, lol..

they more than likely injected claire with sodium pentanol.. it's essential a truth drug, but does cause amnesia due to making the victim suseptable to suggestion... that mixed with the shock...

as for what walt said...'don't trust them, they're not who they claim to be..'

... at which point were walt, michael and the 'others' all together and they explained who they were??

... this must relate to walt's experiences with them, and most likely a la claire has been befrinded by alex and she has told him the truth..

.. as i said before, people (not you steve) don't watch lost anymore, they spend too much time analysing their own theories and cannot see whats in front of their eyes .. ie the 'others' have never claimed to be anything, they told jack et al that it was their island, but have never claimed to be anything.. it's just a clever bit of writing to get peoples minds working over time.. but a lots of lost is written this.

loon wrote:
    ok peeps, lol..

they more than likely injected claire with sodium pentanol.. it's essential a truth drug, but does cause amnesia due to making the victim suseptable to suggestion... that mixed with the shock...

ok you're probably right again, i submit, i am people! damn it

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Frankieboy

Well Jack was going trading Henry for Micheal anyway, could he have not suggested that they do it for Walt? It was a good episode though! So is it just one 2hour left of this season? I dont think i'll be able to go cold turkey!

• Advertisement

one thing i did find odd about walt.. not his size.. but the fact that he looked at mrs klu'u, as if he was asking her if it was ok to say that, when he was talking to michael.. it might just be me, but it seemed a bit fake.. or it could just be walt's poor acting ability... maybe it's not walt.. or maybe the 'others' are good and it's walt who is the evil on the island? but if i was being held captive and i got to see my dad.. i'd try and tell him as much as possible.

loon wrote:
    one thing i did find odd about walt.. not his size.. but the fact that he looked at mrs klu'u, as if he was asking her if it was ok to say that, when he was talking to michael.. it might just be me, but it seemed a bit fake.. or it could just be walt's poor acting ability... maybe it's not walt.. or maybe the 'others' are good and it's walt who is the evil on the island? but if i was being held captive and i got to see my dad.. i'd try and tell him as much as possible.

cleverly when the writers are actually telling us something we think they might be purfosefully misleading us i.e walts little outburst might of been planned,
    i'm wondering if all the others are in disguise or just the head few infiltrating a genuine group of island people
    ah its all a mess....when is next week happening people?, i need answers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I thought it seemed on the level.

First Walt told Mike about the "tests", then he said they were "predending" at which point she threatened to put him in the "room". He pretty much told Mike everything that was important that he knew, well except for the whole Vincent bit :). Which I think just shows that Walt is still Walt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

loon wrote:

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here. Why is "James Ford" a more attractive candidate for The Others than "Sawyer"? You could say that he had already adopted the Sawyer moniker when he shot Frank Whatshisname, but it was pretty clear that the Australian police had a list of crimes attributed to James Ford... I think its conceivable to think that if The Others had a hand in getting him on the plane, they knew about his cold-blooded murdering too. And its not as if he's been keeping out of trouble since he came to the island!

Kate deliberately killed her stepfather. Sawyer deliberately killed Frank. Hurley accidentally killed 2 people (or at least contributed to an accident) and then blamed himself. Jack... well, we've never seen him kill anybody, but there is this ongoing thing about him and pregnancy...

Who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

well the only people that know about sawyers name are kate, hurley and locke. so i think it was dropped in to show that these people know about their life before the got on the plane, which means they are meant to be there. now how a group can manage to get 42 people onto an island in the middle of nowhere and but then need micheal to bring them, is beyond me?

loon wrote:

I think he looked at her because he shouldn't have been saying what he said.
    mr_angry wrote:
    Kate deliberately killed her stepfather. Sawyer deliberately killed Frank. Hurley accidentally killed 2 people (or at least contributed to an accident) and then blamed himself. Jack... well, we've never seen him kill anybody, but there is this ongoing thing about him and pregnancy...

Jack euthanised Edward Mars in the episode Tabula Rasa.

mr_angry wrote:
    I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here. Why is "James Ford" a more attractive candidate for The Others than "Sawyer"? You could say that he had already adopted the Sawyer moniker when he shot Frank Whatshisname, but it was pretty clear that the Australian police had a list of crimes attributed to James Ford... I think its conceivable to think that if The Others had a hand in getting him on the plane, they knew about his cold-blooded murdering too. And its not as if he's been keeping out of trouble since he came to the island!

Who knows!

agree, but didn't sawyer kill someone who turned out to be the wrong man, then repents, can't get way from the idea of henry, goodwin sleceting good from bad and eko s confession to henry....it must be murder related on some level, oh and jack has a patient die on his table, one he shouldn't of taken on(i'm still convinced dharma set that little escapade with the incredibly beautiful woman who kisses jack and consequnetly causes his marriage to end), maybe the theme is repentent killers, still makes little sense........ahhh, sigh

does sawyer still have the flight manifest?

.. and was he reading bad twin? .. coz i know someone was but i can't remember who..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

A transitional episode, setting the scene for the finale without telling us much.
    It'll be interesting to see why the Others want those 4. Probably Hurley cos of the numbers link, but it's hard to see what the rest have in common.
    That Alex chick had a nice arse, didn't she? Zeke, on the Other hand, is an absolute orsehole. I hope he and Michael die screaming.
    I reckon that's definitely Desmond on the boat. When we last saw him he must have been legging it off to repair it or maybe it was already fixed and just stashed somewhere - strange that no-one found it before.
    This season is ending in a similar way to the first one: a couple reunite (Sun & Jin in S1 and now Charlie and Claire) and someone who's been on the island longer than the Flight 815 survivors returns to "help" them (French chick in S1 and now Dessie).
    I wonder why the flashbacks had those "13 days ago" titles instead of the usual funny noise. Was it for the benefit of thick veiwers who couldn't tell the timeframes apart? Or something else?
    Speaking of thick, I don't know what the "Three Minutes" of the title refers to. Anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Ms. Klu gave Michael and Walt 3 minutes to talk :)

Advertisement