Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: 2X22 - "Three Minutes" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

agamemnon wrote:
    Speaking of thick, I don't know what the "Three Minutes" of the title refers to. Anyone know?

well michael never got his got 3 minutes with walt,
    eko seems to be quite invovled with hatch countdown thing which is roughly 3 minutes? title didnt really make a lot of sense did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

LiouVille wrote:
    Jack was far too quick to believe micheal and then far to quick to believe sayid, that didn't make any sense to me. Who would buy the "no no, only us five", why specifically those five. He never explained the need for exactly five people

It was just those 5, because they were coincidentally the only people that knew, michael said "keep the numbers low by not telling anyone else, only the 4 that know" I'm still surprised at Jack not picking up on Michael's crazyness, but it does act as a foil to emphasise Sayid's brilliance!
    stevejazzx wrote:
    i'm still convinced dharma set that little escapade with the incredibly beautiful woman who kisses jack and consequnetly causes his marriage to end
    his wife was leaving him regardless, i'm almost afraid to ask what relevance this has to the island!?

Me myself i'm really looking forward to the 5 going off into a ambush that their aware of, lulling the others into a false sense of security, but with Sayid and Locke following for a surprise counter ambush!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Anima wrote:
    Ms. Klu gave Michael and Walt 3 minutes to talk :)
    stevejazzx wrote:
    well michael never got his got 3 minutes with walt,
    eko seems to be quite invovled with hatch countdown thing which is roughly 3 minutes? title didnt really make a lot of sense did it?
    Thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

Good episode, nice to see lost back on track. Although it is near end of season. Was it my imagination or just after michael agreed to do as the "Others" said i.e. get the 4, did he say "Alright but i want the boat". I couldn't really make it out and then i saw boat in the end so....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

That bit about the Irish drinking when someone dies was funny. Was that a bottle of Jameson? Looked like. I would feel strangely proud if my favourite spirit got some product placement on Lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,840 ✭✭✭✭Basq

agamemnon wrote:
    That bit about the Irish drinking when someone dies was funny. Was that a bottle of Jameson? Looked like. I would feel strangely proud if my favourite spirit got some product placement on Lost.
    Yeah.. that's what i thought.

And my favourite spirit too... there's nothing like it straight with some ice at the end of a night out.

failsafe wrote:

his wife was leaving him regardless, i'm almost afraid to ask what relevance this has to the island!?

!

common idea that the losties were selected for the island, and that their family ties in the real world were eliminated thus giving them nothing to go back to....so jack s marriage is usurped, i know its a bit of a long winded idea so.......

Ah cool, i'm believing the brought to the island thing myself, trying to think if any of them chose to get on the flight (hurley seemed to be the only one) but if Jack had a wife he could have still gone to get his dad back, he would only be gone for a week for all he knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Good episode.

I liked how we didn't get a useless flashback of someone before the crash,but it was a flashback on the island.

I presume walt is referring to the others dressing up as jungle people,like when kate found the beard and glue.

So all Michael had to do was bring the 4 of them to the others. I thought the others had told him to kill ana lucia,but no,he just decided to murder her. Could he not have thought of something else,anything else? I hope he is the next one to kick the bucket.

And what's with the boat? Interesting.

Also good to see more of Sayid,I think he is a great character who has been under used this season.

Is it a 2 hours finale next week?? :eek: :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

failsafe wrote:
    Me myself i'm really looking forward to the 5 going off into a ambush that their aware of, lulling the others into a false sense of security, but with Sayid and Locke following for a surprise counter ambush!

I dunno. I got a weird feeling when Locke headed off towards the end of the episode. Where was he going? He obviously didn't feel like going to the funeral, and it seems unlikely that he was going back to the hatch. Perhaps he goes to the Pearl station and starts writing down details on everyone!

However, it would really be stunning if Fenry's mind-games had gotten to him, and he's headed off to join The Others. We saw several times in this episode where he disagreed with Jack on his confrontational approach to dealing with The Others. Maybe he's gonna try to have a rational conversation with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Its HENRY. :)

Yeah it looked like Locke was walking off alright. My money is on him meeting Henry, or possibly Des. Bah, I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Fenry = Fake Henry. Its a little nickname given to him over at The Fuselage after he turned out not to be Henry Gayle after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Ah, showed me. I suppose its fitting alright.

It was just wishfull thinking really, imagining locke and sayid hunting others, the kind of adrenaline packed episode like the one where they ambush Ethan.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Does anyone think that it is significant that The Others asked for "James Ford" as opposed to "Sawyer" AND that Locke insists on calling him "James" too?

Methinks that the bould Locke is in cahoots with T'Others...

He was against Jack's & AL's "War" plans.
    Tried to turn the guys back during their search for Michael.
    Seemed quite happy to be taken by the black smoke - was p1ssed that Jack "saved" him from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

agamemnon wrote:
    That Alex chick had a nice arse, didn't she?

was she that geeky chick in malcolm in the middle?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

loon wrote:
    was she that geeky chick in malcolm in the middle?

yes

I enjoyed this episode, can't wait for next week!
    I'm hoping Sayid gives them hell
    8/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

stevejazzx wrote:
    they ask 'did he(walt) appear places he wasn't suppose to appear'?
    clearly related to the 'remote viewing' thing

isn't it bilocation the ability to appear in two places at once at the same time and remote viewing the ability to only "view" things on the physical and astral plane

Bilocation is a word that any avid remote viewing researcher will come across and it is also an experience that all remote viewers have while implementing the TRV protocols. Technical Remote Viewing is still a fairly young technology, having only been introduced and put into use for twenty years, since 1983. We have had to develop new terms and definitions as this skill grows and becomes more popular to effectively explain how it works and why it works. Bilocation is one of those words that have been given new meaning by the science of Technical Remote Viewing and therefore it is often misinterpreted. I am continuing our series of TRV Public Education by explaining what bilocation means in TRV terms and what it does and how we deal with it.

In TRV terms it is quite literally being in two places at once. After the TRV protocols are initiated, the viewer's attention splits. One half of the viewer's conscious and unconscious attention is at the target matrix site (or the target blueprint in the collective unconscious) and the other half is with the viewer's senses tending to TRV structure. Bilocating in TRV structure induces a heightened sense of awareness referred to as "a state of high attention." This is the optimal mind state to effect the remote viewing process.

Some of the physical symptoms of bilocation are:

A) Pausing as if in a daze
    B) Forgetting what to do next
    C) Waving the pen in the air
    D)Misspelling words
    E) A disregard for the surrounding activities
    F) Rhythmic rocking or tapping
    G) Decreased eye movement and blinking
    H) Forgetting common words and names
    I) A Dazed look in the eyes
    J) Decreased body movement.
    K) A wavering walk

In the beginning of TRV training, one should not try to operate a vehicle until at least 15-20 minutes after ending a TRV session??????????????????????????

http://www.trvnews.com/tsl/032103/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

loon wrote:
    Bilocation is a word that any avid remote viewing researcher will come across and it is also an experience that all remote viewers have while implementing the TRV protocols. Technical Remote Viewing is still a fairly young technology, ...blah, blah, blah

Loon - Are you really Joni Dourif, PSI TECH President?

If you are going to quote pretty much verbatim from an article (cf. http://www.trvnews.com/tsl/032103/index.html) you could at least give the author credit. :mad:

• Advertisement

is it human??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Lads, I can see next week, at least the 1st half of the show being tied up with who is on the boat....(probably desmond).
    2nd half will involve the hunt up to the others camp, sayid looking rambo-esque in his tracking, eto being serene and the damn statues appearing again on charlie (washed up on the beach)
    Just as the the gang find the others, jack will let it slip that he knows michael has been "comprimised"..a bit of a scuffle then they'll be surrounding by zeke and co...
    then it'll end amid much gnashing of teeth among us all.

I hope to jaysus Im wrong

Hill Billy wrote:
    Does anyone think that it is significant that The Others asked for "James Ford" as opposed to "Sawyer" AND that Locke insists on calling him "James" too?

Methinks that the bould Locke is in cahoots with T'Others...

He was against Jack's & AL's "War" plans.
    Tried to turn the guys back during their search for Michael.
    Seemed quite happy to be taken by the black smoke - was p1ssed that Jack "saved" him from it.
    I'm not so sure. Thinks like Locke crying alone on top of the hatch and screaming "what do you want from me" shows that he's on a journey like himself, not knowing as much as the others do.

Sunn wrote:
    isn't it bilocation the ability to appear in two places at once at the same time and remote viewing the ability to only "view" things on the physical and astral plane

yes thats right, it's remote viewing technique or vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I despise Michael, agaagh!! Good episode though, I was really beginning to get annoyed when Jack was all like "ok Michael, let's do what you say". What a muppet. They are putting their lives at risk for HIS son and he gets to call the shots?! So glad Sayid copped on. I really really hope they find out it was Michael that murdered AL and Libby. Can't wait for next week!

jack should tell the rest that mike has been comprimised otherwise they wont have muc of an advantage

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

I think that was the worst Lost episode ever! Many flashbacks (read: replay of scenes from older episodes), we found out what everybody already presumed (read: Mike's story
    Yeah, he killed them to get his boy! Who would've figure out that??
    . What really happened in this episode?
    Nothing!

I hope Lost will get some big finale soon cos they risk morphing into a 2nd hand soap. Or that's just me complaining...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

This episode has given me a horrible feeling...

The Others are aliens.

Please no...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i think jack had an inkling especially after the last time he talked to michael, how long was it from michael returning, and libby and ana lucia getting killed, was it only a day? still a complete lack of info flow or interest on part of most of the 'socks'.

well what happened in the finale of season one they opened the hatch to a darkness we didn't really learn anything in that episode did we?

boy were the others clothes extremely color co-ordinated they should have a been dulux swatch?

ms klu....

so i bet desmond(dd we see his twin) is on the half-unconscious on the boat
    cos i seen the pics
    and he had stashed his boat but then couldn't leave the area cos his navigation was messed up by the electro magneticism the same thing that confused the plane.

i defo think something like theyre not the bad guys is going to be the reveal next week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Great episode. Did all the right things to get viewers pumped for the finale without giving away too much. Lets say an 8 cos I have a funny feeling I may need to watch it again, thats been a rarity this season.

Did anyone spot Ms Klugh from Eko's vision in Smokie?

ekoVsMonsterWoman2.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmm!

Advertisement