Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: 2X22 - "Three Minutes" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 17-05-2006 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SEEN "THREE MINUTES" -

Episode Title: "Three Minutes"
    Airdate: May 17th 2006

Synopsis (from TV.Com):

A determined Michael convinces Jack and several castaways to help him rescue Walt from "The Others." With Jack away, Locke is left in charge of the hatch and must decide if he should believe Henry and not push the button, risking everyone's safety. Meanwhile, the events that happened to Michael after he left are finally revealed. Meanwhile, Charlie struggles with Eko's decision to discontinue building the church.

Next New Episode: 2X23 - "Live Together, Die Alone" - May 17th 2006

What did you think of "Three Minutes"? 112 votes

0%
    4%
    digimanCatsmokinpotStephen Pel rabitosThe Free Man 5 votes
    16%
    satchmoDSkaimeraTöpherPyjamaManJohnKweemcdeirebhoysprinklesangry_foxRoen[Deleted User]Spider_Baby!ArmaniJeanssim...LOSTLimerick DudeEl_mariachitracert 18 votes
    32%
    mewsoFidelisPiEpopinfreshWashoutBeruthieldoh.iejankfeylyaSauronPoz3DmatrimTheStrandRoadsmickgermonkeyfudgeWaltonsVoodoo2dead airpucantinkerbell 36 votes
    35%
    Ping Chow ChiDont be at yourselfIvanAnimaGoodshapeChongLizardKingyawnstretch[Deleted User]podge3Dr4gul4Chevano RileyfjonSleepymr_angryPonsterangelofdeathjester77Franky Boysteveland? 40 votes
    7%
    ondaflys10DampsquidJackieChanawhircastagnolicerebis[Deleted User] 8 votes
    3%
    jor elSmurfpissirishshogunkeithkk16 4 votes
    0%
    GrumPy 1 vote
    0%
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

On my study break so best chance to post it..

... now best get back to it!

Enjoy everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

its been absolutely ages that ive looked forward to a new episode as much as this one!

reasons why(these are all common knowledge or revealed in the promo, but i'll spoiler them anyway):
    1. its a michael flashback
    2.its an 'on the island' flashback
    3. we're finally going to find out what happened to michael when he was AWOL
    4. more info about the others is never a bad thing
    5. walt! pickett! alex! :D

cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

ok never mind that micky mouse spoiler heres the real deal
    Part 1

We start 13 Days ago when Mike asked Locke for the rifle before setting off to find Walt. After he knocks Locke out he goes to the computer and after a few moments is typing and receiving a message from (?Walt?) He says to travel north along the beach he will come across a big rock with a hole in it. Then he hears Jack and proceeds to lock him in the armory.
    Present day
    Jack Mike Sawyer and Kate talking about a plan of attack Hurley upset because his friends are not even buried yet. They will have a funeral for Anna and Libby.
    Jack wants to bring an army.
    Mike insists just the five of them should go us or they’ll hear us coming.
    Charlie talks to Claire and gives her the meds and the injection gun he found from the latest delivery of supplies. She is happy he did this for her and Arron.
    Eko’s moving into hatch to punch in the numbers.
    She says OH MY GOD it’s Micheal. He’s back.
    Sawyer gives Sayid a gun and invites him to the battle
    Charlie will continue to build church on his own.
    Vincent delivers a Heroin statue to Charlie. Vincent leads Charlie back to the Heroin stash. He takes all the statues.

Part 2
    The day Mike set out to find Walt he gets captured by Zeke a short while later they catch Kate. When Alex is asked to bring Kate out during the Standoff (Zeke and Jack) Alex asks someone else to bring her out. Alex then asks Mike how Claire and the Baby are doing and was it a boy or a girl?
    They Take Mike to the place with the rock with the hole on the cliff which is where the tents are in the promotional pics. It looks like only one set of others are on the island.
    Mike is introduced to Mrs. Clue who asks him questions about Walts Early childhood. When age did he start talking? Etc. Mike doesn’t know but this apparently goes on for a week. Until they realize Gale has been captured and they want him back.
    He is later given 3 minutes to speak to Walt. They make me take tests he said. Get me out of here dad. They're not who they say they are. Mrs. Clue says that’s enough or we’ll put you back in the room. Walt doesn't like the room whatever it is.

Part 3
    They will let Mike and Walt go free if Mike can free Henry and deliver Kate Jack Sawyer and Hurley as well but no one else.
    Sawyer and Jack talk about Anna and Sawyer says he screwed her. Jack asks why are you telling me. Sawyer says cause you’re the closest thing I’ve ever had to a friend.
    Later when Mike tells Sayid he can’t come with them Sayid puts 2 AND 2 together and tells Jack I think Mike has been compromised. They will let Mike think he is in control of the plan.
    Charlie throws all the statues into the ocean they are all intact. Locke is sitting on the beach looking out and sees what he did they exchange a short glance. Carlie goes off to the funeral.
    Locke cuts the splint on his leg puts on a backpack and heads out to the jungle without attending the funeral or telling anyone where he’s going. (Possibly to find Henry?)
    Claire holds hands with Charlie at the funeral while Hurley is talking about Libby.
    Sun looks out to the water and sees ______

Then they all see it
    A small sailboat. (My guess is it’s Desmonds since we know he’s in the finale) This is where it ends....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Whoa I aint reading that lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Again Bobby - do you actually watch Lost or just treat it like an online novel? Because I cant see the point in watching an episode in which you know every little thing is going to happen :confused:

• Advertisement

i couldnt give a toss what u think, keep ur snide remarks to urself please,
    ha im more into lost then anyone i know, and at 9 am tomo morning ill be off to los angles to the destionation la 2 party hanging out with the cast and crew of lost for the whole weekend...ill send u a postcard.... ill post pics when i get home on the 29th

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

you are so cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

bobbyc wrote:
    ha im more into lost then anyone i know, and at 9 am tomo morning ill be off to los angles to the destionation la 2 party hanging out with the cast and crew of lost for the whole weekend...ill send u a postcard.... ill post pics when i get home on the 29th

Kewell!!

Will you be dressed like this?

star_trek_fed_convention_10_014.jpg

PS: Can I be in your gang? Please? :)

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Kewell!!

Will you be dressed like this?

star_trek_fed_convention_10_014.jpg

PS: Can I be in your gang? Please? :)

ROFL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

this ones gonna be good, can feel it ma bones, after all 'they did take his boy'
    did they not?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

stevejazzx wrote:
    this ones gonna be good, can feel it ma bones, after all 'they did take his boy'
    did they not?

News to me if they did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

bobbyc wrote:

toys and pram come to mind...

.. but seriously, can you do me a favour and tell miss lilly that i think she's given me a dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

nice one bobby - i actually prefer lost when I know whats gonna happen as it makes the drawn out backstories a lot easier to bear.

Sounds like a slow episode to be honest but shaping up for a good finale, which is so clearly gonna end with the counters hitting zero that its not even interesting.....and will surely lead people to think, eh they took an entire season to show us this?

Based on the Pearl videos the role played by those in the hatch is very minor so if Desmond does come back what answers will he bring, besides some pointers on the map...so he will be the link that helps them find more hatches, albeit very slowly, in season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭digiman

What a great episode, so many things happened in that and they really have it built up for the season finale next week. So many things that I would like to know after having watched that episode and I hope that they answer some of them next week.
    I wonder how she knew the names of the people that were on the list, like James Ford, surely they must have been involved in the train crash. Secondly i can't figure out why they would want them and not Locke or Ecko?
    I knew that Sayid had figured out Michael after that handshake, and now Jack believes him as well. Will be great to see how they try to get their "advantage". Not sure what the boat at the end is about, it didnt look like the boat that the others were on last season but I suppose they could have one more boat, specualtive
    Could it be the boat that Desomond was on? Looked more like a sailing boat after having looked at it again
    , if it is not them then who knows who it will be, or if there will even be an anyone on it, knowing Lost!!
    I think I will give it 9.5/10 but will probably vote it as 10!

Anyways an exam today so better get to that, the only reason I am up at this horrible time:mad:

basquille wrote:
    - WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SEEN "THREE MINUTES" -

Episode Title: "Three Minutes"
    Airdate: May 17th 2006

Synopsis (from TV.Com):

A determined Michael convinces Jack and several castaways to help him rescue Walt from "The Others." With Jack away, Locke is left in charge of the hatch and must decide if he should believe Henry and not push the button, risking everyone's safety. Meanwhile, the events that happened to Michael after he left are finally revealed. Meanwhile, Charlie struggles with Eko's decision to discontinue building the church.

Next New Episode: 2X23 - "Live Together, Die Alone" - May 17th 2006

The synopsis is wrong.Locke was never in the hatch in this episode.Its Mr. Eko who is in charge of the hatch.

Why do they want those four?Thats going to annoy the hell out of me.

The synopsis is wrong.Locke was never in the hatch in this episode.Its Mr. Eko who is in charge of the hatch.
    Blame TV.com synopsis then.. not moi!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

Finally some Vincent scenes! Hopefully more from him in the finale.

But, yeah, great episode. The flashbacks were well done, and MY BOY! was there. Hopefully they won't put him back in "the room" for the next few seasons.

Yep.. really enjoyed this one!

So.. firstly, Charlie throwing the heroin into the sea. What are the odds we'll see a couple of fresh injuries coming up? :D Seems quite obvious.

The Michael flashbacks were excellent.. finally got a glimpse at the other camp. Did you notice a lot of the Others outside their tents looked actually quite scared of Michael? And Jaysus.. Walt shot up, didn't he? :D

Plenty of new questions.. what's this room they speak of? Is it simply long periods of confinement or is there something special about it? What did he mean by "they're pretending" and "they're not who they say they are"? Excellent stuff which i hope will be revealed soon but this is 'Lost' so i'm not particularly counting on it.

The Jack - Sawyer scene with his confession to screwing Ana-Lucia just seemed a bit outta place.. i don't think Sawyer ever had any remote feelings for her. Maybe either the fact that she took his gun (heh.. almost wrote "son" there) led indirectly to her death or that little bit of nookie meant more to him than he made out... i don't know. Just didn't seem right.. i guess it's a reason for Sawyer to be motivated to kill in the next episode!

Who were the Korean couple of the beach?.... :confused:.... ah no, but seriously haven't seen them in ages? If it's one thing 'Lost' does best, it's putting characters on the backburner. This series especially with Sayid, Jin, Charlie and Sun. All of them were back this week though.

The boat? Big deal.. like any of them is getting off that Island anytime soon! :D

Anyways, roll on the finale next week... can't feckin' wait! :eek:

Off to watch the promo now.. i know i shouldn't but i can't resist!

PS - oh.. and gave it an 8!

• Advertisement

A slightly better episode I thought but no not worthy of an 8,I'd go 6 and thats generous.

The mixing of the Michael back story worked well but the plot(I use the term loosely) is still way too co incidence filled and lame to have me excited.
    Hell I'm just watching this now to see what they're doing with it.

Locke the mentor just happened to be on the beach looking at the statues being thrown in the sea - yeah right...

Director : " hey lets cut to locke watching"

Producer "hey yeah that would be cool"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

basquille wrote:

The Jack - Sawyer scene with his confession to screwing Ana-Lucia just seemed a bit outta place.. i don't think Sawyer ever had any remote feelings for her. Maybe either the fact that she took his gun (heh.. almost wrote "son" there) led indirectly to her death or that little bit of nookie meant more to him than he made out... i don't know. Just didn't seem right.. i guess it's a reason for Sawyer to be motivated to kill in the next episode!

... surely if you'd banged a chippie like michelle rodriguez you'd wanna tell someone about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Really good episode, I give this one an 8.

Sayid is such a great character, I can't wait to see what happens next with this "advantage" thing. Also, Locke back on his feet, you just know something good is going to happen.

About the part at the end:
    I think it's Desmond on one of his crazy boat parties! :D

Seriously though, can't wait for next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Very very dissapointed in this ep untill Sayid talked to Jack at the end. I thought they were just going to let Michael lead them to war in the state of mind he's in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

i was a bit surprised too that they were going along with it.
    Surely if your going to risk your life you'd maximise the possibility of success and survival?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I liked this episode a lot actually.

They're finally making use of their ensemble cast again. Fitting all the characters into an episode used to be something that Lost was very good at, but they've let that slip this year.

I really thought killing Ana Lucia was going to be on the list of things for Michael to do... but it appears he did it more out of connivence than anything else.

Also, I'm sure The Others aren't relying too heavily on Michael coming through for them, it would be far to risky to depend on him. There must be more to thier plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

so when walt says they are not who we think they are, or somesuch, does he mean about their living conditions, i have a feeling it was all put on for micheal, and they are much more sophisticated?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

that was confirmed a few episodes when kate found zekes fake beard. i think the general concensus is that the others are some sort of dharma employees.

Also, Desmond on the boat? it's possible, he did say he was going sailing, however why the **** would he come back? It could be a fresh batch of Losties, it would make sense, new people = new flashbacks to drag things out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Cina wrote:
    that was confirmed a few episodes when kate found zekes fake beard. i think the general concensus is that the others are some sort of dharma employees.
    Maybe they are all actually crab people!

Actually... was it just me or was Claire carrying a really crappy plastic baby doll when she walks out on to the beach after seeing Micheal return. It seemed to have these big stiff rigid arms...

I'll have to look at it again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

I really enjoyed this episode.
    I think the Others must be putting on a show for Michael. After episde 15, we know that they are much more sophiscated then they make out.

As for the boat, i would be suprised if it is Desmond's. I seem to remember him saying his boat rand into rocks and sank. Can anyone confirm if thats true? I forget his exact wording.

Sayid is definitely one of the best characters. Nothing gets past that guy, they have to use him more. I love the way he saw though Henry and Michael straight away.
    Im very curious as to why The Others now want the four on the list. Bring on next week

Advertisement