Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: 2X22 - "Three Minutes" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah seen that, really confused me . Was she seen in that faith healers wall of pics in Austrailia too? or is it just way to early in the morning for my head?
    stevejazzx wrote:
    at one stage it appears that echos hatch clock is at 3 min but theres no beep(second time 'round)

the clock was at 35 mins, jack was in the way of the 5.
    stevejazzx wrote:
    well michael never got his got 3 minutes with walt,
    eko seems to be quite invovled with hatch countdown thing which is roughly 3 minutes? title didnt really make a lot of sense did it?

the countdown is 1078 mins and the alarm starts at 4mins so nothin to do with 3 minutes in this hatch anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

lostexpectation, spolierise your post. Jesus...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

damiencq wrote:
    the clock was at 35 mins, jack was in the way of the 5.
    yeah was looking at it again and when jack enters his head is in the way of the digit 5 so we see the 3 and the zero zero

damiencq wrote:
    the countdown is 1078 mins and the alarm starts at 4mins so nothin to do with 3 minutes in this hatch anyway.
    [/quote]

yeah i was trying to link the 3 mins thing to something else as sometimes the titles allude to multiple parts of the story, but yeah i know, grasping..

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

There's still a few things that niggle me. The title for one, i've never know lost to have a title without strong signifigance or double meaning, i still think there's something to the "three minutes"

Also when michael gets his blood drawn (to be cloned??) the other says "see you in the funny pages," is this a saying of some sort? I don't think the writers put this in for no reason..

Any klu?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,840 ✭✭✭✭Basq

failsafe wrote:
    There's still a few things that niggle me. The title for one, i've never know lost to have a title without strong signifigance or double meaning, i still think there's something to the "three minutes"

Also when michael gets his blood drawn (to be cloned??) the other says "see you in the funny pages," is this a saying of some sort? I don't think the writers put this in for no reason..

Any klu?
    Michael was allowed three minutes with Walt in the tent (even though he didn't get the full 3 minutes)

And "see you in the funny pages" is a quite common saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

DOLEMAN wrote:
    This episode has given me a horrible feeling...

The Others are aliens.

Please no...
    There is a possiblity ure right which is horrible. Ok so why aliens, if u go back to the ep and play the part where Walt runs to hug his father he seems to say they are aliens. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,840 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That's the muffled version of "aliens" ever..

.. not a chance he says "aliens"! :rolleyes:

He could be saying anything.. just muffled by the hug!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I tell you something though bas, I hope they aint aliens cause if they are it would ruin it for me.

basquill wrote:

And "see you in the funny pages" is a quite common saying.

the relevance of this line was a slip by the scientist, it shows michael he's not an indiginous islander

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

stevejazzx wrote:
    the relevance of this line was a slip by the scientist, it shows michael he's not an indiginous islander

Going by your thinking then he shouldn't even be speaking english. Its a common saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Narcissus

I don't get what you mean by that.

It's a common saying therefore it shows he had a life before the island

What I meant is, they all speak english, even though they didnt all have a life before the island. He could of picked up that saying like he picked up language.

If they wanted to show he had a life before the island, they'd of had him mention 9/11 or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

the others don't come from the island..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

here something nobody mentioned

wtf was the story with Charlie injecting something into of which he has no clue what it is?

how much did he know about Claire's confused experience when she was convinced her baby needed vacine?

The baby is not sick so why does it need vacine?

what is that vacine going to do to them?

Kazaanova wrote:
    Going by your thinking then he shouldn't even be speaking english. Its a common saying.

good point
    so indiginous was the wrong word, the writers show us a confused micheal when hears this expression so it makes him think about the true nature of the people who have kidnapped walt, more or less the same point...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

loon wrote:
    the others don't come from the island..
    But the losties don't necessarily know that.

I'm not even sure if we "know" that, actually. I have a hard time remembering what's been revealed in the show and what's just been speculated at this point.

It's actually really confusing when you think about it. There's so much going on in this show with the island monsters, the group holusinations (sp?), the hatch(s), the healing, the coincedences, the scruffy others, the (unseen by the group) scientist others... and they've only been there, what, 2 months? Crazy.

Have any of you read through the quite lentghy 'theory of everything' that's floating around? I'm not going to bother repeating what it says in case people don't want to see it (aparently tv network people were trying to bury this theory, so you never know), if you want it try Google or something. Seemed like a good and well worked out idea though.

Well hasn't at least Alex been born on the Island? There could of been more, we don't know how long any of them have been there.

based on generally anthropology and the supposed location of the island.. the others are a little bit 'white' to be indigenous...

... remember goodwin... he was talking about the peace corp etc..

... not sure if alex was born on the island, but i don't think so.. i think she was a child when they arrived.. it would be very odd for a pregnant woman to go on a research mission as they usually last 9 months plus..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

anybody got a link to this theory of everything

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

wtf was the story with Charlie injecting something into of which he has no clue what it is?...

Yeah i was thinking about that as well? He just injected himself with something he knew nothing about that fell out of the sky? Why didn't he inject himself with any of the viles of stuff desmond was injecting into himself and took a handfull of from the hatch. I think the vaccine has something to do with the fact that this time around the heroine wasn't even an issue for him to throw away, the vaccine might be the cure to the virus, which i think inhibits the bad traits that are present in the losties. Just an idea

also, i think Locke is gone for good now. Its only been like a week since he got a bolt through his leg and suddenly hes walking again like nothing happened. Locke has realised he is more damaging then helpful to the losties and blames himself now for the deaths of boone, AL and libby, and now that the hatch, in his opinion, has made a mockery of him he is taking Fenry (i'll jump on that band wagon) up on his offer and heading off to join the others.

P.S: also that image of Ms. Klu from Ekos dream... what episode was that in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Sunn wrote:
    anybody got a link to this theory of everything
    Ultimate Theory
    Possible big SPOILERS -- tries to explain everything

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

As regards time frame for the others arriving on the island, i thought it was 20-25 years or so. It ties in with their knowledge of the outside world "i'm henry gale from minisota," the 1970's army knife that anna lucia found in another 48 days and the 1980s date stamp on the orientation videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Goodshape wrote:
    Ultimate Theory
    Possible big SPOILERS -- tries to explain everything

so again this being correct

in one sentence

lost is about....

can't say what lost is about but the ultimate theory is about... someone having far too much time on their hands and spending too much time playing the online game instead of watching the tv show...

... my favourite bit about the SOMA scenario is that they needed a doctor, an engineer, a survivalist, etc...

Hanso org: ' ok we have harsh jungle terrain.. and we need a survival expert'

..' what about andy mcnab.. ex-SAS he's a godsend, or we could even use ray mears.... strike that.. what we need is a bloke in a wheelchair...'

... again, too many people watch lost and try to get the episodes to fit around their theories ie if you believe the ultimate theory, you will forever be looking for clues to back up your ideas, instead of just watching the show and missing the obvious..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Did noone else find it odd that Walt asks about Vincent almost immediately after being shut down by Ms Klugh for telling Mike they make him take tests? Even for a total weenie like Walt, it struck me as being a bit odd. With Vincent suddenly being ultra-smart and bringing the heroin to Charlie, perhaps Walt is trying to tell Mike something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

loon wrote:
    Hanso org: ' ok we have harsh jungle terrain.. and we need a survival expert'

..' what about andy mcnab.. ex-SAS he's a godsend, or we could even use ray mears.... strike that.. what we need is a bloke in a wheelchair...'

... again, too many people watch lost and try to get the episodes to fit around their theories ie if you believe the ultimate theory, you will forever be looking for clues to back up your ideas, instead of just watching the show and missing the obvious..
    I'm fully with you on the "Ultimate Theory" - I think it's completely ridiculous and I, for one, will be pretty disappointed if that actually turns out to explain it all. I also hope it's something different so that guy will realise how much time he's wasted on what's effectively just fan fiction now.

But there's one problem with your logic above: People like Andy McNab, or Ray Mears... these people would be missed if they got "plucked" from the real world to be part of this experiment. Everyone on the Island is "alone" with no real family ties and noone back in the 'real world' to notice their absence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

ObeyGiant wrote:
    Everyone on the Island is "alone" with no real family ties and noone back in the 'real world' to notice their absence.
    Ah here, Hurley had quite a large family. Ana Lucia had a mother who was expecting her home. Both Boone and Shannon had a family, Kate had her father and mother (though I don't think her mother cared much for her). Charlie was visiting his brother in Oz. Jack has an ex-wife that we know of and there's his mother who was surely expecting him back with his fathers remains. Plus in season 1 there was the party, for his engagement I think, that seemed to have quite a large number of family/friends. Jin and Sun both had families too.

Locke and Sawyer didn't seem to have much in the way of a family and we don't know much about Claire, Libby, Rose or Bernard.

Anyway, this thread has gotten quite large and I haven't read it all, but are some people of the opinion that the Others are native to the island? Surely nobody thinks this!

firstly... what about ana lucia and hurley.. both their mothers are alive.. charlie's brother (and the rest of his family).. driveshaft were about to tour again, depending on his bro..

.. as for having no family, ok acceptable on some levels, but no friends, co-workers, etc... are we to believe that the 'losties' are all social rejects, who if vanished, no one would notice or care about...

.. as i keep saying, people can't see what's in front of them.. ie we know that there is something odd, even mystical about the island, from locke's behaviour and the season one occurences.. and we know that the plane crashed on the island, from kate being awake throughout the incident..

.. from this we can summize that the plane crashed on a 'mystical' island, whether it just happened to crash on this island or whether the island some how brought them there and caused the crash, we do not know..

.. it seems as though too many people have 'bigged up' lost and are creating theories that fulfill their expectations..

eg. 'the plane cannot have just crashed on the island.. that would be stupid.. planes don't just crash.. what's most likely is that a group of scientist orchestrated 361 passengers onto a plane, cryogenically froze them because they were unconscious (except for kate but there will be a special reason we haven'y figured out yet, but soon lost will fit in with my theory), landed them on an island, killed 290 passengers (based on the number of survivors) destroyed the plane and then dispersed the survivors in order to make them believe that the plane had crashed.

(this is merely what i think goes through some peoples heads so don't have a go for 'spoiling' the season 2 finale)

jor el wrote:

Anyway, this thread has gotten quite large and I haven't read it all, but are some people of the opinion that the Others are native to the island? Surely nobody thinks this!

It was possible that the scientists used those disguises on a bunch of natives to penetrate their group(or on a bunch of other crash victims), but i think we can safely assume from the last episode that pretty much all the islanders we see are dharma employees, however it's still open i would say, I doubt there are indiginous islanders there as they would look darker skinned etc. but the way they live in those huts etc points to something a little less sophiscated then a scientific habitat, it's confusing

re: family ties

i think the show went to quite an extreme to show how certain losties had their worldly ties interfered with..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MIGWAR-DWP

As far as I can work out, a lot of peolple seem to have forgotten season one even happened. Before the whole Hanso thing came along, this was a strange island with wierd things happening. When did it turn into some sort of man made thing. Surely the island was 'special' before Hanso came along? Am I alone here??

Advertisement