Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Laptop for Euro399 incl VAT and del

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Refresh rate is only an issue on CRT screen not a LCD.
    You can probably adjust the brightness in the power settings. You can on most laptops.
    Consider using large fonts and turning on clear type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

You can probably adjust the brightness in the power settings. You can on most laptops.

<Fn><UpArrow>

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭rgfuller

You can also set the screen brightness power setting as one of the bios default settings (press F2 on boot) just browse the menus to find it, you'll see A/C power the screen is maxed out, battery power it's only at 30% or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Yup saw all that, just wondering did anybody find it workable at the low brightness for battery consumption? I'll try cleartype, and thanks TempestSabre-bit of a reassurance knowing that it's not ****ing up my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,677 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Anymore good Dell deals like this one ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

BendiBus wrote:
    <Fn><UpArrow>

Sorry, where is the <FN> key - I know this is gonna sound like "where is the any key"! but ...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Sorry, where is the <FN> key - I know this is gonna sound like "where is the any key"! but ...
    It's worse than the "where is the any key" thing as it actually exists - it's down on the bottom left of the keyboard and has "Fn" on it.

Hold it down while pressing another key and it'll do whatever the blue writing or image on the other key purports to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Thanks for that - I didn't have the laptop with me when I asked! But didn't notice it last time I used it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

Go to www.dell.ie,

do a search for n06135b

and you get an Inspiron 1300 for 479 when u strip off the add-on cover

If lookng 4 extra memory, use www.shop4memory.com - way cheaper.

Advertisement