Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Laptop for Euro399 incl VAT and del

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,139 ✭✭✭✭Esel

bubby wrote:
    ...I'll order that on shop4memory - it is 1024 for a gig of ram there. ...

Good price that! 1 per MB, huh? :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

esel wrote:
    Good price that! 1 per MB, huh? :D

Yikes!! 124 euros for a gig!! Typos!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Lol! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Why do you need to say you work for a major bank. I'm was with AIB until recently. Do they ask for proof? Can you get a further discount?

I got a 5% discount in the past as my college has a deal for graduates and you have to contact a certain sales person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

not sure, but its a phone order only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Lots of companies have a group scheme. We have a 10% discount for staff at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭ro1798

hi want to get one of these but, need to know one thing, the atual phyiscal size of the laptop, i have a northface laptop backpack and i struggle to get my inspiron 2650 but i can get it in, can some please advise the actual phyiscal size of either the 14" or the 15" or does it matter? about the dims of the actual unit.

thanks

ronan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Anyone had a chance to try out the wireless mini pci on this 1300. From looking at the dell site they say its inside underneath the lappy, would this effect its range?

Thks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Hey all,

Does this come with a bag too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

cubix wrote:
    Anyone had a chance to try out the wireless mini pci on this 1300. From looking at the dell site they say its inside underneath the lappy, would this effect its range?

Thks

Er I've been using the inbuilt wireless and its working grand ... haven't really noticed where its located to be honest .. :) works the same as my other wireless cards ... :)

• Advertisement

anyone ever bought products from dell by cheque? i have been waiting over a week now for it to be cleared!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

shortys94 wrote:
    anyone ever bought products from dell by cheque? i have been waiting over a week now for it to be cleared!!

Yeah about 3 yrs back...took them ages to process it, but I bought online and opted to post in bankdraft; I'd imagine cheque will take >1 week to clear, and they won't process the order on the factory floor till it does AFAIK. Keep calling them every few days and inquiring.

On the wireless PCI thing; all laptops have a looped antenna located in or around the bezel behind the screen.

Vital statistics are on the product description on their site and I very much doubt it comes with a carrycase at that price.

yea guy said when i called that the cheque should be cleared today or tomorrow, he said 4-5 days to clear cheque, and because friday and monday banks were closed, made process longer

does anyone know if interlink deliver on saturdays? my order was dispatched on wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

shortys94 wrote:
    does anyone know if interlink deliver on saturdays? my order was dispatched on wednesday

Phone (090) 6420500 and find out for yourself :D

thanks, did, they dont unless its express or something.....

I got my ordered the day after it was dispatched.. well i missed it that day but got it the next

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Mine shipped Wed it was delivered this morning. :)

got mine today, a few problems though

cannot play dvds on cineplayer, runtime error keeps appearing. i think they play alright on wmp, but havent watched through yet.......

also how do i watch dvds on the whole full!!! screen.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

just came to post the same thing, widescreen is fine when you have widescreen videos etc, but when you want to watch normal stuff you have annoying borders on the sides. Is there any option/programs to display non-widescreen videos full screen? Even football manager has the borders.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

That's the joys of WS. For video, you live with it, for gaming, there may be an option to play the game in WS, I'm not familiar with football manager.

Cineplayer? Whatever happened to PowerDVD? Dell used to supply that as a decoder/player

VLC player is good for all types of video dvd/files, plays them all in widescreen... at for games make sure the resoulution is set to 1280x800 i think...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

ye im using an older version of vlc as the newer versions dont work with streaming tv from my satellite receiver.

edit: power dvd plays my married with children dvd/vob file fullscreen

link for VLC player?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 nopz

anyone know whats the weight of this machine?
    is there any size difference between the 14 and the 15.4 inch machine outer dimensions?

thanks
    Michael

I got one with a 14.1 screen, my Dad got one with 15.4 inch screen. The laptop itself if the same size. My last laptop was a 14.1 screen, so I actually feel that the 14.1 wide screen is ample. The 15.4 screen is impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 nopz

thanks bubby,
    so i guess there is no idea of taking the 14" in order to get a smaller laptop.

nope, great laptop for the price i think, software problems though, hopefuly will resolve soon

#Elites wrote:
    www.videolan.org/vlc/ plays everything. get rid of all the dell crap aswell, from the startup, makes the PC faster1

Nice one!! I installed it. Nice lightweight application. Does what it says on the lid :)

• Advertisement

Having two of these in the family - I have been searching for the best deal for ram.

This looks like the right ram - not too sure though:

Corsair® Value Select 1GB SODIMM PC4200 DDR2 533MHz 200pin

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=9854&GroupID=61

This works out at 77.5742 euros

Advertisement