Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any comments on these double glazing suppliers?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Thestones wrote: »
    We used Munster joinery, they were best on price, senator so much more expensive, I had no issues with Munster except the front door wasn't shutting very well, you had to sort of bang it closed but in fairness to them their quality guy was out to check everything before I had a chance to call them and he fixed it, it just needed a tweak.

what kind of windows did you get?... have they aged ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Thestones

jobless wrote: »
    what kind of windows did you get?... have they aged ok?

Ultratech door and upvc windows, they are only in a few months so I can't comment on how well they age. My friend had her house fully fitted with Munster a few years ago and she has had no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭dermotp

Hi All, i,m thinking of replacing my upvc Windows and front door, anyone had experience with any manufacturer/installers in the Cork area.would appreciate any feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭neerb

Hi has anyone any experience of the Camden group in Northern Ireland for Windows - got prices and one of the most competitive is a company who gets the Windows from the Camden group - thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

neerb wrote: »
    Hi has anyone any experience of the Camden group in Northern Ireland for Windows - got prices and one of the most competitive is a company who gets the Windows from the Camden group - thanks in advance

Well established co in NI, producing good quality Windows, also have a factory in U K I think,
    Some fitters here buy from them as they may not have to pay VAT, and so appear cheaper, however you cannot claim a refund of VAT. under the HRI scheme if they are not VAT compliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭neerb

martinn123 wrote: »
    Well established co in NI, producing good quality Windows, also have a factory in U K I think,
    Some fitters here buy from them as they may not have to pay VAT, and so appear cheaper, however you cannot claim a refund of VAT. under the HRI scheme if they are not VAT compliant.
    Many thanks will check out the vat issue - it is from a supplier here that for the Windows as well .

• Registered Users Posts: 23 rjphouse

Has anyone used dungannon sash windows?

bobbuk wrote: »
    Im in the process of getting quotes at the monent, has anyone ant experiences with Wright Windows ? they seem very keen...

My parents got Wrights to do the entire house back in 1989 and there hasn't been a single issue with them in all these years. As I'm now looking for new windows etc, I'm going to get a quote from them. Their stand in the Ideal Homes exhibition a couple of months ago was very impressive and their stuff looks very stylish.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭embracingLife

I got a price from Wrights a few years ago-4or 5 years, ouch....they were dearer than any other PVC co. Cant understand their prices! The PVC frame was same as lots of others. Wanted to charge me more for the two tone frame when others had no extra charge. (two tone frame is white on part facing inside and either brown etc facing outside).

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Carmel Kennedy

Hootanany wrote: »
    True A shower worst Company ever.Crap windows as well.
    🔴 SHODDY WORKMANSHIP 🔴
    I got the whole house fitted with black french windows and doors in July 2012 by Fairco Windows And Doors, in April 2016 what I now know are defects started to show up on the windows and doors, I was left waiting till 19th December 2016 for a new replacement for the whole house, windows and doors using existing glass, nothing but problems with this shower, the bathroom window sash is beginning to blister already, this company is aware of it, they do not honour the guarantee, they have threatened me on 3 occasions that they will proceed with court proceedings against me because I have named and shamed them on facebook and I refuse to take it down, if anyone is considering buying new windows and doors Please avoid FAIRCO WINDOWS AND DOORS like the plague, this so called company do not honour the guarantee, the stress and strain of dealing with them is unrepairable.
    FAIRCO WINDOWS AND DOORS are a laughing stock of the window industry of the window industry, I'm sorry to the day I ever went with them at the cost of €14.726, I am planning on standing outside the head office and the 2 showrooms on different days with a placard to let this arrogant, aggressive and dirty rotten liar of an individual see that I'm not afraid of him !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

I was thinking of using Fairco, need to look for someone else, any recent recs for Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭enricoh

I used a crowd ulster misfits (strange name I know!) From castleblaney. Very helpful and knew their job inside out and most importantly good pricewise. I got double glazed Windows n doors including big 1 piece Windows. The guys that fit them were top notch. Some of the guys fitting for munster joinery can be hit or miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lollpop

Does anyone have any experience with lynch windows in baldoyle or supreme windows in donaghmede?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

we're pricing up a job to replace all windows in the house at the moment, looking at PVC or alu. various experiences with various suppliers, nothing unusual, but the one thing i'm finding interesting is the somewhat vague answers we're getting in relation to our curved bay windows. they're currently 6 part bays, we're planning to drop to 5 - but when i ask how wide the uprights will be, some suppliers seem a little noncommittal. one admitted the uprights 'could be up to 8 inches wide' - i've seen some bays where there's nearly as much structure as there is glass, some where the structure is reasonably subtle. i guess it's down to the frame system they use?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Simon e

Hi, I'm currently looking to replace the windows and porch patio door in our house. Following a visit to the ideal home show. I've now had quotes from Sean Doyle and Wright windows for double/trebled glazed UPVC.

I'd be very grateful for people's experiences of the companies above and any other recommendations for suppliers in the Dublin area.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

we're pricing up a job to replace all windows in the house at the moment, looking at PVC or alu. various experiences with various suppliers, nothing unusual, but the one thing i'm finding interesting is the somewhat vague answers we're getting in relation to our curved bay windows. they're currently 6 part bays, we're planning to drop to 5 - but when i ask how wide the uprights will be, some suppliers seem a little noncommittal. one admitted the uprights 'could be up to 8 inches wide' - i've seen some bays where there's nearly as much structure as there is glass, some where the structure is reasonably subtle. i guess it's down to the frame system they use?

hi, just wondering did you get sorted with the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Nearly sure I saw a post recommending the same supplier yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

All,

Looking at quotes for the Dublin Area. I see this thread hasn't been updated in awhile.

Thinking of the following companies:

1. Sean Doyle & Sons
    2. Wrights, Westmeath
    3. Earthkind, Meath
    4. McMahon & Nagles

Anyone received quotes recently & have experience of the above, much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

They are all ok but prices can vary a lot. Sales reps are on commission and companies offering thousands off if you sign today gives you an idea of the overpricing going on. If i was you i would send a picture of the front and back (and sides if applicable) with colour details and openings and get a price by email off them all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement