Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any comments on these double glazing suppliers?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Jimfo1970 wrote: »
    Thanks Prospect.

I got a few quotes from some of the different companies that are mentioned in this thread but of the ones that quoted none seem to do finance. I am getting a really competitive price from Sean Doyle & Co in Tallaght but the sales rep said it's a special for June only and I am short about €2000 so was just looking for some sort of short term finance as I don't want to miss out on the offer as I would save €1250 if I buy in June rather than at a later date. I don't have a mortgage and I have not been a saver with the Credit Union but will ask them anyways. Thanks for your imput.

Don't listen to the nonsense about it being a one time only offer. Take the quote and go back to them when you're ready. If they won't honour the price then just walk out the door. If they charge you full price at that stage you'll be paying over the odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Jimfo1970

tobsey wrote: »
    Don't listen to the nonsense about it being a one time only offer. Take the quote and go back to them when you're ready. If they won't honour the price then just walk out the door. If they charge you full price at that stage you'll be paying over the odds.

Thanks tobsey. Its not so much that it's a one time offer. Doyle's rep gave me the price and would supply and fit before they close for summer holidays and they are €1250 cheaper for the same spec that my engineer drafted for all the window suppliers. We were planning to go on holidays ourselves in August so it looks like we will have to do without the holidays this year in favour of the windows. Thanks again.

Just after ordering the windows and doors from Sean Doyle and Co in Tallaght. Worked out a deal that is acceptable to both of us so very happy at the min. Delivery and fitting in just over 2 weeks. Fingers crossed.

Just after ordering the windows and doors from Sean Doyle and Co in Tallaght. Worked out a deal that is acceptable to both of us so very happy at the min. Delivery and fitting in just over 2 weeks. Fingers crossed.

Got my windows and doors fitted last Friday. Very neat and tidy crew. Even hoovered up after themselves. Would be happy to recommend Sean Doyle and his lads to anyone. It was actually Johnny Doyle that I dealt with from begining to end. They have even got an order for my neighbour 4 doors down as he was also very impressed with my job.

Thanks Doyles

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Hi all,

It was inevitable some day this was going to happen. One of the kids has broken the largest window pane in the house!!

The windows were manufactured by Bruckner in Austria (distributor has since gone out of business). Guess I'm looking for a qualified manufacturer/supplier from Ireland to replace. The unit was tripled glassed housed in a frame with 885mm x 2240mm dimensions.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

W.

• Advertisement

Hi all,

It was inevitable some day this was going to happen. One of the kids has broken the largest window pane in the house!!

The windows were manufactured by Bruckner in Austria (distributor has since gone out of business). Guess I'm looking for a qualified manufacturer/supplier from Ireland to replace. The unit was tripled glassed housed in a frame with 885mm x 2240mm dimensions.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

W.

What part of country are you from ?

What part of country are you from ?

Hi

From Kildare...

Thanks
    W.

Hi

From Kildare...

Thanks
    W.

I can pm you a number for Johnny Doyle. I'm sure they can help. They are based in Tallaght and another factory in Roscommon

I can pm you a number for Johnny Doyle. I'm sure they can help. They are based in Tallaght and another factory in Roscommon

Please do,

Thanks
    W.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Hi all,

Any recommendations?

Thanks

W.

Check your House Insurance, most Co's offer Accidental Glass Breakage Cover, if so they will take care of all the details.

Bit like Replacement Windscreen Cover, they pay the contractor directly.

• Advertisement

Got my windows and doors fitted last Friday. Very neat and tidy crew. Even hoovered up after themselves. Would be happy to recommend Sean Doyle and his lads to anyone. It was actually Johnny Doyle that I dealt with from begining to end. They have even got an order for my neighbour 4 doors down as he was also very impressed with my job.

Thanks Doyles

Is this the same crowd http://seandoylewindows.ie/ ?

W.

Is this the same crowd http://seandoylewindows.ie/ ?

W.

Apologies, was away for a few days. Yes that is the same company but have a place in Tallaght also. It's run by a son of the owner called Johnny. They are after getting 2 further jobs in our road since mine was fitted. Really nice guy to do business with. Totally recommend.

Apologies, was away for a few days. Yes that is the same company but have a place in Tallaght also. It's run by a son of the owner called Johnny. They are after getting 2 further jobs in our road since mine was fitted. Really nice guy to do business with. Totally recommend.

Thanks

I rang the dublin number from their website. Like most places as its not their windows they arent interested. Contacted the guys who do their repair work.

Basic advise given was to find a "big" glass company as the original windows came from Europe and thus specs may be different from what we normally use in Ireland.

This is becoming a pain in the arse...ie finding somebody who knows what to do...

Thanks
    W

Thanks

I rang the dublin number from their website. Like most places as its not their windows they arent interested. Contacted the guys who do their repair work.

Basic advise given was to find a "big" glass company as the original windows came from Europe and thus specs may be different from what we normally use in Ireland.

This is becoming a pain in the arse...ie finding somebody who knows what to do...

Thanks
    W

I sent you a pm with a number for Johnny Doyle and I also told him that he may getting a call from you and your problem. He said that they do triple glazing so maybe try his mobile number that I sent to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Can anyone recommend me a place in Co. Dublin to get two small 250x1250mm double glazing panes - need to replace single ones. As cheap as possible as it's rented accommodation.

Hi,

Mentioned previously in this thread I need a window unit repaired. Has anybody any experience of AACO Glass from Celbridge?

Any feedback would be much appreciated

W.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

Recently got my old double glazed teak windows painted. My window frames are ill fitted and warped and let in drafts so they are due to be replaced whenever I can afford it.
    Im looking at this thread and thinking about uPVC windows but I am also very security conscious. Ive heard a lot of uPVC windows and doors can be easily broken into if they are externally beaded but maybe thats a thing of the past can uPVC windows stand up to attempted break ins?
    I wouldnt feel safe with external beading even if the corners were joined, it just wouldnt feel right for just a thin piece of plastic to be all thats holding a burglar back from taking out a whole pane of glass

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭owen85

not sure about the window thing, but some pvc doors can be lifted reasonably easily from the frame. was happening a fair bit around my parents neighborhood a few months back. but there are plenty of doors that dont allow this to happen, guess it down to you get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 k1lladeer

Hi,

Just wondering whether anyone has dealt with Sean Doyle (Roscommon) or KK Windows (based in Gorey) in recent times. If anyone has can they let me know. Thanks. Also does anyone know if v welds are better than non v weld windows?

going for my 2nd set of windows but am thinking i might go with a different company this time due to bad customer service from regency windows....some of the different style windows had different latches to the others and have had no joy in regency coming back to me and replacing them.

was wondering what drutex windows are like. apparently theyre a good polish window?

• Advertisement

k1lladeer wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering whether anyone has dealt with Sean Doyle (Roscommon) or KK Windows (based in Gorey) in recent times. If anyone has can they let me know. Thanks. Also does anyone know if v welds are better than non v weld windows?

We got ours from Sean Doyle. Very happy as are our neighbours that have also purchased from them. We did'nt go for the V weld purely for cosmetic reasons (personal decision). Doyle's were a pleasure to deal with.

I have received quotes from the following companies for two bay windows and am just wondering if anyone has any information on them to help make up my mind.
    Most of the info on this thread is good about them all.
    So,
    Irish home glazing_ cheapest
    Sean Doyle _ 2nd cheapest
    Orion _ 3rd cheapest
    Asgard _ most expensive

I'd say I could get some more discount from a couple of them.

Want to make a decision soon, thanks all.

Anyone anything recent to say about these suppliers?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭cgc5483

bubblypop wrote: »
    I have received quotes from the following companies for two bay windows and am just wondering if anyone has any information on them to help make up my mind.
    Most of the info on this thread is good about them all.
    So,
    Irish home glazing_ cheapest
    Sean Doyle _ 2nd cheapest
    Orion _ 3rd cheapest
    Asgard _ most expensive

I'd say I could get some more discount from a couple of them.

Want to make a decision soon, thanks all.

Had a job completed recently by irish home glazing. Good price and happy enough with the work. Windows seem good quality but guess time will tell. They are manufactured by Weatherglaze.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Tomc77

Any one used Energlaze for complete window replacements? Got them out to discuss replacing glass in a few units but they do full windows also. Said their windows are made by Senator.

A lot of negative posts on this re fairco. Any happy customers out there?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kate the painter

Yes we are very happy with our windows from Fairco, Argon gas filled glass units certainly keep condensation away

got my first set of windows from regency. they supplied me a spectus casement window and kommerling greenstar sliding sash upvc windows. tthe windows were dropped of a long time ago by 2 men who would fit them in the future.

i would question their abilities due to:
    when i said the inner bricks were quite weak and may crack depending on what kind of screws etc were used. when asked how they would get around this they looked puzzled and said theyd ask their boss. i suggested drilling holes, then chemical anchor them in. they said theyd ask. dont think im being too harsh in thinking thet they may not be the best fitters to get in.

also the lock clearly seen on one of the sash windows is different to the others. when i contacted the sales guy along time ago, the same guy who came to measure up the windows etc etc , and seemed very nice back then said hed get on it......nothing has happened since then.

the quality of the windows does seem really good though.

its time to order some different style windows the the extension of the house, anyone ever dealt with Swish windows in tyrone? what are their windows like?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 molotov10_0

Hoping to get some information on Irish Home Glazing. We have received a couple of quotations for new windows and they have given us a very competitive price.

Before we go with them, I am wondering if anyone has had any experience of them? Any info would be much appreciated!

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 pebble321

Hi I am looking to get new windows and doors from royal windows in swords
    did anybody use this company grateful for any info

Advertisement