Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Circumcision Story

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 livindublin

5live wrote: »
    Its more like a bad bruise than anything else. In 4 or 5 days you will be walking around like normal, instead of like John Wayne, pard'ner;)

I have my operation on a Thursday morning and need to be in work on Monday. I have an office job which isn't physical in anyway. Do you think this is possible? Half considering cancelling it now, which would be a pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I have my operation on a Thursday morning and need to be in work on Monday. I have an office job which isn't physical in anyway. Do you think this is possible? Half considering cancelling it now, which would be a pity.
    I can only speak for myself but i was walking around fairly ok after 3 days and even with a couple of kids under 5 it wasnt too bad. Sore if someone bumped into it but ok. I think you would need a day or 2 more or at the very least or avoid crowds that would bump into you but it has been done, going back to work after 4 days. Could you not get a sick cert to cover a week?

5live wrote: »
    I can only speak for myself but i was walking around fairly ok after 3 days and even with a couple of kids under 5 it wasnt too bad. Sore if someone bumped into it but ok. I think you would need a day or 2 more or at the very least or avoid crowds that would bump into you but it has been done, going back to work after 4 days. Could you not get a sick cert to cover a week?

Cheers for the reply. I can get a sick cert and it would be fine but leave of any kind in work in November / December is severely frowned upon as it's the busiest time of year for us. We're also under staffed at the moment. I'd get away with it but my bosses will not be impressed, which ordinarily I wouldn't care about but I'm up for promition this year.

I really don't want to cancel as I've been waiting ages for this so I'll see if I can "go sick" the Thurs, Fri, Mon and come back on Tue. That would be 5 days recovery, which should hopefully be ok. I'll pay for it when I go back though lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Nickknock28

DAY 20

Woke to find my heamotoma buldge had gone down drastically! VERY happy about that, its almost totally gone now. Still got a few scabs around the stitch area and the large frenulum scab is still well in place but apart from that everything looks great! Really happy with the way its all looking. Just got to wait for the remaining stitches to come out and the scabs to go then ill be back in business!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Clarkey Cat

Went to my GP to get a referral to a urologist today. Was going to go public but how long is it likely to take to see a urologist if I do? Is it a case of a few months, or a year, or longer?

• Advertisement

Sorry to bump this thread again, but I've been reading through the thread and there's a couple of things I'm curious about. The waiting times seems to be one of the biggest issues and I'm wondering is there anything to do to speed it up, or to make sure I don't stay stuck on the list for ages. As I said above, I'm looking to go public, but is it possible to speed up the process by making a private appointment with a urologist or something like that? I've never had an operation before so I'm clueless as to how the whole thing works. This thread is a godsend though because there is almost no information available besides it.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭BigProblem

Sorry to bump this thread again, but I've been reading through the thread and there's a couple of things I'm curious about. The waiting times seems to be one of the biggest issues and I'm wondering is there anything to do to speed it up, or to make sure I don't stay stuck on the list for ages. As I said above, I'm looking to go public, but is it possible to speed up the process by making a private appointment with a urologist or something like that? I've never had an operation before so I'm clueless as to how the whole thing works. This thread is a godsend though because there is almost no information available besides it.

i got my appointment with consultant within 3 weeks of getting referral from doctor but i have private health insurance. Once i met the consultant he said he could do the operation in 3 weeks.

when i met the doctor first he said u could be waiting 6 months before you meet consultant and then another few months before operation - that was if i wanted to go public.

BigProblem wrote: »
    when i met the doctor first he said u could be waiting 6 months before you meet consultant and then another few months before operation - that was if i wanted to go public.

Thanks, that's what I'm curious about. I'm a student so I don't have the cash to get the whole thing done private. But I wonder if I can see a consultant privately rather than waiting 6 months, and then put up with the wait for the surgery. If it shaves 4/5 months off the wait it'd be well worth it.

Have my op in 2 weeks now:eek:

Am really worried now as I'm not sure what type of circ I'm getting. The consultant literally looked at it and said yes absolutely you need it and we'll book you in on this date....I left happy but now I'm thinking...eh how much is he taking off? will i be left with a frenulum? will sexual sensation be drastically reduced? I forgot to ask these questions :confused:

Think i'm getting cold feet now!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 niallo87

I have just had a circumcision on Novemeber 2nd. I had so many unanswered questions before I had it done and I am creating this thread to help people who have questions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Im not quite sure how you missed the 90 page thread on the subject but anywho,thread merged with the existing one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 AnBordSnip

Hello friends,

I've been reading this thread for the last six months. Thank you to each and every one of you. It's all much appreciated.

I'm due in hospital tomorrow morning. Private. I'm a lad of just 22 years, but the little man has been bugging me for many of them! I've tried every topical steroid cream under the sun, stretching and the like.

Phimosis has got in the way of my sex life without doubt. It's put me off trying to get sex in the past as a younger lad, as the few experiences I had at say 17-19 were uncomfortable, indeed painful. I've been in a whopper relationship for a good few months now and it's again become a barrier to sex, and it's time to make the leap. I'm glad I'm doing it. I'm every bit as nervous as anyone would be the night before an op.

I live at home but I'm very lucky, I've two very cool folks who have been the moral, emotional and dare I ****ing say financial support I've needed through this. Like most students I dont have two fivers to rub together at times.

I've no fear of the 'pain' of the op as I did for months thanks to this thread. I do however have a few questions, and if anyone would answer them that'd be greatly appreciated.

1) In terms of anaestetic (spelling is awful there, sorry), general or local?
    2) Would a 'low' cut be common? I'm leaning to it.
    3) Any tips on those poxy night-time erections? Anyone found anything that works?

thanks lads. Even though you mighn't know it, this thread has encouraged many I imagine like me to make the leap. Can't wait for this time in a few weeks. My doctor said two weeks no sex, surely thats over-ambitious but we'll call it four ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Best of luck mate :) i had a general, although id imagine if they haven't discussed it with you, you'll have a local as you have to fast before a general. not sure what a low cut is, mine is just before the rim of the helmet if that makes any sense! No tips on the erections im afraid but they aren't as bad as you'd think!

I was told not to eat anything after midnight if that suggests anything leaning towards the option of a general?

tbh, I reckon there's a few hundred lads who would like to buy you pints for starting this one, it's been a godsend. Tbh I'm beginning to think getting your tonsils out and the like would be far more traumatic than this.

AnBordSnip wrote: »
    I was told not to eat anything after midnight if that suggests anything leaning towards the option of a general?

tbh, I reckon there's a few hundred lads who would like to buy you pints for starting this one, it's been a godsend. Tbh I'm beginning to think getting your tonsils out and the like would be far more traumatic than this.

Ok - may be a general so. thanks for the virtual pints :) best of luck. - let us know how you go!

Think I'll be updating every day or so folks, not much else to be at! The college/workplace are fairly sound about it all and I'm in no rush. only thing I'm a little freaked about is the oul' erections but I'm sure they're far worse in my head than they'll be in reality. It's hardly the Somme.

First update tomorrow if I'm not konked/high as a kite.

Think I'll be updating every day or so folks, not much else to be at! The college/workplace are fairly sound about it all and I'm in no rush. only thing I'm a little freaked about is the oul' erections but I'm sure they're far worse in my head than they'll be in reality. It's hardly the Somme.

First update tomorrow if I'm not konked/high as a kite.

Good stuff man and best of luck.....have mine tomorrow week! And ditto re only going for it because of the info on the site....wouldn't have even seen the GP if it wasn't for the advice on here

Good luck tomorrow!!

I think people take some kind of odd comfort from others having gone through/going through the same thing. This thread has been 90% encouraging. I've found the internet on this subject to be an odd place, ranging from 'activists' on both sides who are very off-putting and in some cases motiviated by all sorts of 'odd' things to say the least(!) to just dodgy medical advice. Some people even saying they'd soldier-on with phimosis but for me there's no way in hell I could do that.

It's going to be the same operation if I'm nervous or not. I've endured worse at the dentist with less fear. Fear is natural at this time I suppose but I keep thinking in 24 hours I'll be beginning my few-days-in-bed with a stack of books, a bottle of Locozade and a sense of relief.

Best of luck to you too bro.

in 24 hours .... a sense of relief.

actually, I'd give it about ten days ;)

PP30615~John-Wayne-Posters.jpeg

Everybodies doin' the John Wayne walk..

Think I'll have a different sense of relief tomorrow, even through all the discomfort, that that poxy foreskin is sitting in a clinic and not over my glans. Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow night, off for a good night sleep. Cheers all.

(((((I should say this whole experience has opened my eyes to the disgrace that is the public/private divide in Ireland. It would inevitably have put strain on my relationship I think, great as the other half is, and just personally I've struggled with my willy on a mental level for a bit. I'm just chuffed to get this over and done with))))

• Advertisement

tbh wrote: »
    actually, I'd give it about ten days ;)

Here's hoping I'll be ok after 4 days lol as I've to be back in work by the Tuesday:eek: No negotiation on that!!

I'm aiming to be knocking about after seven, but I'm lucky in that my boss is a good fella and hasn't asked any questions. I'll likely be back on tomorrow with questions again lads, sorry if I become a bore.

The only thing I can promise is that I'll remain around, as many here have, afterwards in the hope I can help others out. I might even use my normal boards account ^.^

To anyone awaiting this: you have nothing to fear but fear itself. Could not have gone better. Mixed experiences with the hospital though. Put in a room with three lads (one of whom was getting the same op), all was grand. I was to be out at 3pmish. One lad left at 2.30, another person arrived at 2.50 and there was me coming back from my first piss, hobbling along :rolleyes: Wish they'd waited til I was out, morto putting my bloody and bandaged willy into tracksuit bottoms in front of some new arrival who may well have been in for the same thing.

No real pain at all, took one painkiller just there but more pre-emptive than anything. Out of op at 12 and sat around reading and relaxing then. No needle in my willy which I'd been afraid of!

LADS, I'd welcome answers on this one: Best way to sleep on first night? Naked? Clothes?
    Head is so, so sensitive.

Great to hear! Fair play for getting back so quick. for the first night id go with trunks, they stop it moving around so much.

Absolutely amazed by the procedure. Sadly, my mind is on the dreaded night-time wood. Think my plan will be: 1) no drinks for a few hours before sleep/ 2) Pop a painkiller before 3)trunks and 4) set an alarm for during the night and get up for a piss!

Delighted I got it done but, made the great leap. Folks, don't leave it f you're suffering to a bad foreskin.

Absolutely amazed by the procedure. Sadly, my mind is on the dreaded night-time wood. Think my plan will be: 1) no drinks for a few hours before sleep/ 2) Pop a painkiller before 3)trunks and 4) set an alarm for during the night and get up for a piss!

Delighted I got it done but, made the great leap. Folks, don't leave it f you're suffering to a bad foreskin.

Well done man, glad to hear it went well!!

Woke up in no discomfort. Milling pills into me but more so as a pre-emptive move. Feeling fine and gonna have my first bath in an hour.Glans of course hyper-sensitive but you would be too after 22 years in the wilderness!

Boys, this isn't hell at all. It certainly isn't heaven, but it isn't hell. IF you're one of the anonymous readers of this thread like I was for months, take encouragement from me because I was never more nervous about anything in my life than this.

One thing: bandage came off in the night. Ouch when glans with off anything. New bandage and we're off! V.little blood.

Still doing fine.

Had my first salt bath today. Was gonna do it yesterday but figured 48 hours was a better call. No discomfort at all involved.

Still no real pain to speak off and sleeping ok. It's one ugly (and delicate) looking yoke at the minute, but thats about it. Not moving from the bed. Watching loads of 4od.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Hey guys,

Just offering my words of encouragement. I got this done about 9 months ago, aged 18. My parents never knew and I was covered by Bupa.

It is the best thing I have ever done. After about a month of a weird looking healing penis, it started to look perfect, and now it is.

DO IT!!!!!! You will be so happy :D

• Advertisement

Just briefly:

Grand mainly.
    Salt baths are heaven after all this.
    Head is incredibly sensitive.
    Resembles a dogs dinner.
    No real pain at all, stitches are sometimes annoying

Seems to be more or less the same as anyone else was on day 3/4? (4 days since op)

Advertisement