Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post HERE when you've been UPGRADED:)

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Is the upload still capped at 1GB or something...as yours is over that and getting downlgraded to 10GB could be your punishment?!?!

I love the way eircom screws with people.....I LUV my BT BB!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

zuma wrote:
    Is the upload still capped at 1GB or something...as yours is over that and getting downlgraded to 10GB could be your punishment?!?!
    well the sneaky little ....... :D
    Never thought about that. Man, is it gonna be a right pain in the neck, if I've to watch for it now. :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

im getting the same thing... this upgrade has been wonderfull for me, i was happily on 2048k/128k with rock solid pings no higher than 32ms then upgraded to 3072/384k with pings of up to 1000ms and download rates often not exceeding 28k, then downgraded without any instuction to eircom to 2048k/256k and now I have been greeted with a cap reduction from 30gigs down to 20gigs starting from next week and to top it all off still on dialup standard download rates since the 21st or 22nd of January:( I have spent 3 days on the phone to eircom trying to get it sorted and they still havent come back to me... i better hear from them tomorrow.

have you breached the upload cap Gonzo, or are they messing with you for no apparent reason? :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

no i havent breached the caps at all, infact ive only downlaoded about 6 gigs in total since October.

Eircom have downgraded me to a lowerpackage and reduced by cap all without telling me, im supposed to be on the 3mb package now im on the 2mb one but most of the time i dont even get 1mb now, sometimes it struggles to get past 28k.

stats.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Damn it Gonzo, your getting royally screwed!!!

Whats up with these 10GB and 20GB CAPs....its idiotic!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bobbly

lol i just realised im on 2mb when i came across this thread and did the test, sweet. and whats with the d/load caps? im with eircom where do i find out whether im restricted or not?

bobbly wrote:
    im with eircom where do i find out whether im restricted or not?
    you can go here, and enter your phone # & eircom account number.
    http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/

@ Gonzo, soz d00d, that is seriously not fair.

@ least we know it's not punishment now though. They must be downgrading for some other reason. :mad:

yeah im really so annoyed over it, crappy download speeds, bad pings, havent been able to play games since the day of the upgrade, if my pings go low for a few minutes i go into counter-strike only to get booted from console reason pings too high on every server. Today on the phone the guy at eircom was at a complete loss when i told him that I was downgraded and he confirmed that they did not receive an order from me to downgrade the line and they didnt have an order for downgrade from anyone else in eircom either so they are investigating it for me. I hope to hear back from them tomorrow but apart from fixing my speed I hope they fix my exchange too coz all these bad pings and crazy download speeds cant be right irrespective of what package im on in the first place plus my line quality is good, its comes back with no errors or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I'm on IOL Broadband, upgraded last week sometime. No problems at all so far.

ZEN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Gonzo, they did the same thing to me, I was on the bus starter package, they downgraded me to the new home plus, what a load of bs, they didnt even ask!
    I rang and was transfered around to 5 people, finally got someone who said he would upgrade me back to bus starter, but nothing as of yet.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

yeah im waiting to hear back too, im gonna be on the phone again this afternoon if i dont hear back, i'll let you know how i get on

the note is gone from my stats page now.
    I guess I'll still have to call eircom to confirm whether I am actually being downgraded next month or that was just a mess up on their part.

Actually does any1 know if, eircom did want to contact us about our service, would they email, call or do summit as silly as stick a message there, like they did. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Mickie M

Exchange - Bray
    ISP - UTV
    Package - Clicksilver Plus
    Ping - jolt.co.uk and boards.ie
    Speedtest result - irishisptest.com

i'm guessing they kept me at the highest package and can assume i've got 20gb's a month now......*crosses fingers*

Advertisement