Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post HERE when you've been UPGRADED:)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Just wondering what the factors might be for different exchanges upgrading quicker, could it be down to the amount of subscribers and staff present
    i think these upgrades are done by just a simple flick of a switch, so it's hard knowing which order eircom will upgrade the exchanges

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

Clondalkin ( Nangor Road ) not upgraded yet !!!

Hurry up:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

Tallaght upgraded about 40mins ago

(daft question, whilst we are all waving our todgers round on the speed increases, anyone know if eircom are gonna look for prices increases to match?)
    No they won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Dougals Daddy

Does it have to be done in each exchange or centrally, I'm picturing a couple of guys in an Eircom van with a bunch of keys and a torch going from exchange to exchange in each region( on double time )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Digiweb 3mbit -> 4mbit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I'm picturing a couple of guys in an Eircom van with a bunch of keys and a torch going from exchange to exchange in each region
    Yeah me too... although they've probably got a laptop with them, reading this thread and laughing at how easy it is to toy with our emotions. (Whitehall exchange next please guys btw ;))

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

dunshaughlin exchange still waiting

1013 wrote:
    Reading these posts just confirms that it is time for my own upgrade...!

Using ripwave as a "get out of jail free" card, but I can't even ping! It times out. Just back from a colleagues house where d/l speeds earlier this evening on Eircom were 1.7mb and I reckon that was before the upgrade. Whoa, what a difference in service there compared with me...

Do you think sales are open now...??

Whether it is BT/Eircom, either would have to be a better option than IBB me thinks!
    1013 I ordered IBB last October to replace my Eircom DSL as I fancied the 2Mg upload, after 6 scheduled visits I got conected last week. As soon as the van pulled away it stopped working so I told them to take it away the next day. Found out the system and high sites are completely overloaded hence the crap service. Give them a year or so and I'm sure they'll get it sorted they've got lots of dosh. I was glad to stick wiyh my Eircom 128k up which never drops below 107 and after tonight hopefully it will triple. I have an internet business and can't afford downtime and from what I read on this board there is lots of it with IBB. Eircom wins for me especially now with the upgrade....still waiting though

Yeah me too... although they've probably got a laptop with them, reading this thread and laughing at how easy it is to toy with our emotions. (Whitehall exchange next please guys btw ;))

I'm sure they're lovely people, maybe I should run down the road with a flask of Tea...go wan go wan go wan...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Carrigtwohill (Co.Cork) Exchange Upgraded
    ISP: Eircom
    Package: Broadband Starter -> now 2mb/256k
    Ping to [url]www.jolt.co.uk:[/url] 30ms
    Ping to [url]www.boards.ie:[/url] 23ms
    Speedtest result from www.irishisptest.com/myspeed: 1.75Mbps Down, 213kbps up

got done around 1:10am

happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Lucan (Ballydowd) still waiting :(

Seeing as they've given themselves until 1800 hrs Saturday maybe bed is a better option, I even notice they're all in bed in the big brother house!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 salupa

1013 I ordered IBB last October to replace my Eircom DSL as I fancied the 2Mg upload, after 6 scheduled visits I got conected last week. As soon as the van pulled away it stopped working so I told them to take it away the next day. Found out the system and high sites are completely overloaded hence the crap service. Give them a year or so and I'm sure they'll get it sorted they've got lots of dosh. I was glad to stick wiyh my Eircom 128k up which never drops below 107 and after tonight hopefully it will triple. I have an internet business and can't afford downtime and from what I read on this board there is lots of it with IBB. Eircom wins for me especially now with the upgrade....still waiting though[/QUOTE

yes i'm sure in a year they will have it sorted, loads of bandwith but no customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Abc1

Palmerstown 3072 - 384

Now to upload some files 3 times quicker than normal

Happy Daze!

ABC

Edit to include pings (quite impressive actually)

Pinging home.eircom.net [159.134.198.138] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 159.134.198.138: bytes=32 time=9ms TTL=60
    Reply from 159.134.198.138: bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=60

Ping statistics for 159.134.198.138:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 8ms, Maximum = 9ms, Average = 8ms

Pinging www.boards.ie [82.195.136.250] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 82.195.136.250: bytes=32 time=13ms TTL=58
    Reply from 82.195.136.250: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=58

Ping statistics for 82.195.136.250:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 13ms, Maximum = 14ms, Average = 13ms

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Seeing as they've given themselves until 1800 hrs Saturday maybe bed is a better option, I even notice they're all in bed in the big brother house!!!

When they're in bed, you know you're up too late!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Deception217

Swords (Co.Dublin) Exchange Upgraded
    ISP: Eircom
    Package: Broadband Starter -> now 2mb/256k

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Blanch is (still) not upgraded. Come ON!

Gonzo wrote:
    dunshaughlin exchange still waiting

Hi Gonzo
    Just saw this on the Eircom.net Support page

"To enhance the quality of the eircom broadband service, we will be carrying out essential network maintenance on Tuesday, 24th January 2006 between 00:30 and 07:00.

If you are an eircom broadband customer in one of the areas listed below, you may experience a 1.5 hours disruption to your broadband service.

Dunshaughlin "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Blanch is (still) not upgraded. Come ON!

Yeah, I swear they hate us out here. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭1013

Eircom wins for me especially now with the upgrade....still waiting though

Got ripwave 'cause it was available immediately which is what I wanted it at the time. But as I paid rental upfront for 4 months, I've stuck with it as no refund would be given if I returned the modem within that time.

Was initially considering IBB Breeze as an upgrade to ripwave. However, stability on the ripwave leaves a lot to be desired, and their customer service is, well, ehm, "poor". The negative posts here have convinced me that IBB are NOT the way to go.

Having experienced IBB "tech" support also, I think an alternative provider is a must.

Eircom / BT are probably the only options for me as NTL is not available. A land line is available, and will be, so wireless is not a necessary requirement.

Despite various moans about billing and some lack of cs etc, overall there seems to be very little negative issues with Eircom / BT actual products. I did previously use BT, and whilst cs are equally as poor as IBB, (probably went to the same monkey training school :D ), the product itself was stable and had very little, if any, downtime - and that was when it was 512 for the basic product!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

*sigh* of course Galway is taking forever as usual

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Hi Gonzo
    Just saw this on the Eircom.net Support page

"To enhance the quality of the eircom broadband service, we will be carrying out essential network maintenance on Tuesday, 24th January 2006 between 00:30 and 07:00.

If you are an eircom broadband customer in one of the areas listed below, you may experience a 1.5 hours disruption to your broadband service.

Dunshaughlin "

noooo i dont want to wait till tuesday thats mental cruelty! hopefully the above is related to something else, I want my upgrade now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Got that right:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭1013

Galway? That's an international upgrade....:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Just been upgraded here

i went to gamershell for an accurate speed test and started the download for 3DMARK06 from an irish 1000Mbit mirror, it came down at 420-450kb/s, i suppose its not bad

1013 wrote:
    Got ripwave 'cause it was available immediately which is what I wanted it at the time. But as I paid rental upfront for 4 months, I've stuck with it as no refund would be given if I returned the modem within that time.

Was initially considering IBB Breeze as an upgrade to ripwave. However, stability on the ripwave leaves a lot to be desired, and their customer service is, well, ehm, "poor". The negative posts here have convinced me that IBB are NOT the way to go.

Having experienced IBB "tech" support also, I think an alternative provider is a must.

Eircom / BT are probably the only options for me as NTL is not available. A land line is available, and will be, so wireless is not a necessary requirement.

Despite various moans about billing and some lack of cs etc, overall there seems to be very little negative issues with Eircom / BT actual products. I did previously use BT, and whilst cs are equally as poor as IBB, (probably went to the same monkey training school :D ), the product itself was stable and had very little, if any, downtime - and that was when it was 512 for the basic product!

Yes I'd have to agree, the constant reliable connection from Eircom is something I've got used to and I have to thank everyone on this board whose posts I read just in time to realise what was going on at IBB.
    I had NTL at my last address and that was fabulous. cable is definitely the best if you can get it. Rumours they will now go to 10 Megs after the Eircom upgrade but I wonder...Isn't NTL Ireland owned by the same company as Chorus now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

slade_x wrote:
    Just been upgraded here

i went to gamershell for an accurate speed test and started the download for 3DMARK06 from an irish 1000Mbit mirror, it came down at 420-450kb/s, i suppose its not bad

So they are still working, good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Upgraded on Rochestown Exchange.
    384/4096 Nice:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Celbridge upgraded
    Eircom Business Enhanced (5Meg down/ 512 up)

Irishisptest -
    Down=4.25 Mb/s
    Up=354Kbs (44 KB/s)

nyc.speakeasy.net -
    Down = 485KB/s
    Up = 49 KB/s

My pings to the first Eircom router were 50ms, they've gone down slightly to 43ms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

DOUGLAS

Speed
    2720/384 (kbps)

Line Attenuation
    52/31 dB

26ms to jolt

Advertisement