Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post HERE when you've been UPGRADED:)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Anarchist wrote:
    Smart Telecom, North main exchange (town) Dublin 1

stats0ax.jpg

I hate you too :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Anarchist wrote:

stats0ax.jpg
    Marvelous.
    Can't wait 'till the middle of February when it's snatched away and ye go back to the measly 2mb/128k:D
    Followed by Smarts announcement that they want another ball of money from ye to get it back.:D
    Followed by several whinging threads about Smart and their sly business practices:D
    Only jokin':)
    Enjoy it while you have it man.
    You'd never know the might forget to switch it off:v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

I was on the 2mb/256 up, paid an extra fiver for the 256.
    Not sure what package they will be offering anyway or what price.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

broadband for me went down at just after 12. was back up after a few minutes with new speeds. just sign up to bt broadband plus last friday. BB was down this morning for a couple of hours but is now back up with new speeds. www.irishisptest.com says i have 2.57mb down, 315kb up so i'm happy.

kaizersoze wrote:
    Marvelous.
    Can't wait 'till the middle of February when it's snatched away and ye go back to the measly 2mb/128k:D

I don't really think they will

ntl is moving up, eircom moved up, would not be smart to lower the speeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Anarchist wrote:

stats0ax.jpg
    So sweet, i'm moving to smart as soon as they enable the exchange in my area. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭postie

I'm on the Priory Park exchange (Stillorgan/Blackrock). The modems connect speed has increased from 128 upstream to 384 but the downstream has actually dropped from 2048 to anywhere between 1600 and 2016. I'm with Magnet Networks 2mb/128kb adsl package. Anyone got any ideas on why my downstream is lower?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

CyberGhost wrote:
    I don't really think they will

ntl is moving up, eircom moved up, would not be smart to lower the speeds.
    I can't really see them leaving it at that speed for the same money. I'd say they'll will offer it as a new product for more money and maybe upgrade existing customers to 3mb/256k and 3mb/512k for the ones paying an extra fiver fo the higher upload.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

Disagree slightly, With other isps at 3mb Smart will want to go to at least 4mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

BT Ireland went up yesterday from 2mb/128 to 3mb/314 for me. Crumlin, Dublin Exchange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

being as we're playing the 'mines bigger than yours' game, check this out. ;)

speedster.jpg

but, to be fair, that's in work, but that's with 1500 other poeple using it at the same time, so i reckon it's a pretty fat pipe if you can get to all the bandwidth.

iirc there's several backups too, for critical systems. now if only i was a clever as johnny lee miller, i could take full advantage of it all with my spray painted apple laptop. :D

vibe666 wrote:
    being as we're playing the 'mines bigger than yours' game, check this out. ;)

speedster.jpg

but, to be fair, that's in work, but that's with 1500 other poeple using it at the same time, so i reckon it's a pretty fat pipe if you can get to all the bandwidth.

iirc there's several backups too, for critical systems. now if only i was a clever as johnny lee miller, i could take full advantage of it all with my spray painted apple laptop. :D
    homerdrooling7zc.gif

nice. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Abc1

speedster.jpg

Jesus that upload is terrible ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

With BTBB, Dundrum Exchange:
    Down 1.74 Mbps
    Up: 72 kbps (this was higher yesterday, around 125kbps)

All my pings to jolt.co.uk are timing out... :(

irish1 wrote:
    I'm a little dissapointed with teh down speed only going from an average of 1.7 to 1.9
    Your BB+ was 1.7 down when you did a irishisp test before the upgrade? and is now 1.9? or is it that it is now averaging 1.7 to 1.9?

I was on 1.72 down with that test consistently before the upgrade.
    It's now 2.72

Your download seems consistent with a 2 megabit connection and not a 3

I'm about 3 miles from the exchange by the way probably closer to four if the line to the town was exactly measured.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

ISP: UTV - Clicksilver (what was the 1Mb package)
    Exchange: Blanchardstown
    Speedtest: 1.69 Mbps down, 210 kbps up.

Jolt ping test:

Pinging www.jolt.co.uk [82.133.85.65] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 82.133.85.65: bytes=32 time=28ms TTL=56
    Reply from 82.133.85.65: bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=56
    Reply from 82.133.85.65: bytes=32 time=28ms TTL=56
    Reply from 82.133.85.65: bytes=32 time=35ms TTL=56

Ping statistics for 82.133.85.65:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 28ms, Maximum = 35ms, Average = 30ms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

My download speed has gone down, my upload speed has gone up. This according to my router. I was always borderlining on 2Mbps, and it seems the increased upload speed has robbed some download speed. Such is life.

my pings are much the same, but a lot more steady now. 15ms constant to boards.ie and 24ms constant to jolt.co.uk so i guess that's a good sign. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭postie

Blaster99 wrote:
    My download speed has gone down, my upload speed has gone up. This according to my router. I was always borderlining on 2Mbps, and it seems the increased upload speed has robbed some download speed. Such is life.

Same problem I have..I think its distance from the exchange and old wires in my case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

So if UTV/ESAT/EIRCOM and all are being upgraded if I am on IBB 2mb/2mb I should be upgraded to 4mb/4mb? Right? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Kone wrote:
    So if UTV/ESAT/EIRCOM and all are being upgraded if I am on IBB 2mb/2mb I should be upgraded to 4mb/4mb? Right? :confused:
    lol nope :p

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭1013

What are the contention ratios with the packages? Say between BT BB & BB Plus against Eircom equivalent?

They'd make a difference to the speeds as well - won't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

lol nope :p

It's worth a try! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Kone wrote:

Can't imagine how you think that'd work.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭1013

Kone wrote:

It's a different set up. IBB use their own network to deliever wireless access, whereas BT & Eircom use the phone line to deliver broadband. But if you're getting 2MB from IBB - then fair play to you. Most people aren't that lucky....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

Carlow area has been updated

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

Reply from 82.133.85.65: bytes=32 time=35ms TTL=59
    Reply from 82.133.85.65: bytes=32 time=34ms TTL=59

Minimum = 34ms, Maximum = 35ms, Average = 34ms

Router says 3072/384 (kbps)

Thank god because the upload of 128 (kbps) was a joke:D

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭reitoei

Reply from 82.133.85.65: bytes=32 time=22ms TTL=59

Minimum = 22ms, Maximum = 22ms, Average = 22ms

I'm getting 1.75mb down and 215kbps up. Pretty disappointing TBQH.

Kone wrote:
    well, there is a rumour that Smart will be upgrading their service to keep their lead on the other telcos, so it's reasonable to assume IBB will do the same before long, or risk losing even more customers than they already have (through poor quality of service), although I don't know if their network would be up to the task without some heavy investments in infrastructure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

this is technically to do with the upgrade, so xcuse the week bump.

anywho, what xactly is this about.
    th_c1b89_bbas.JPG

I sure as heck hope eircom haven't changed there minds, or are they doing things based on DL's now. You use your whole cap, they knock you down for next month or what are they up to, lol. :D

Advertisement