Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travellers in flash cars??

Options
  • 28-12-2005 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

seen lots of travellers in fancy cars round limerick city all xmas,can sum1 explain how they get them?most didn;t look taxed or insured all german or uk reg's

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Is December 28th "National Begrudgery Day" or something? There seems to be a lot of "these people have this and I don't and they're smelly for it" threads appearing...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,254 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Whats wrong with tourists having nice cars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Victor wrote:
    Whats wrong with tourists having nice cars?
    i blame the greeks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

hehehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 2kinky

not tourists these were irish travellers very loud and rude etc

• Advertisement

2kinky wrote:

You're not too familiar with tourists are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

LundiMardi wrote:
    i blame the greeks..

They invented gayness.

irish gypies,pikeys i call them travellers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I assume you have some "traveller detection" power or something to be able to identify them driving by at 60mph?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

new improved knackeradar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

What the hell is so wrong with the lads question? He is jsut saying he sees pikeys in flash cars. I saw them too over in Sandyford industrial estate...they had a wedding in the field. I just found it...bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Giblet wrote:
    I assume you have some "traveller detection" power or something to be able to identify them driving by at 60mph?
    Maybe not when they're in a car, but when a transit drives past with a caravan behind it and a family of 12 in the front....
    :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Giblet wrote:
    They're not that hard to spot.

im a girl by da way!!nothin against travellers these bad eggs everywhere but when u see thme in bmw's lexus no tax or insurance how do they get away with it?plus if their foreign cars they must bring them in?can they get passports without an address etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

you're a prat
    you're a prat
    you're a prat

• Registered Users Posts: 78,254 ✭✭✭✭Victor

2kinky wrote:
    can they get passports without an address etc??
    Who doesn't have an address. Are you generalising? Or jsut bigoted?

And you don't need a passport to travel between Ireland and the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boardy

2kinky wrote:

If they were loud and rude, and drove German cars, my guess is that they were ........................ Germans!

Germans and Irish travellers: can't tell the difference 'cause I can't understand either language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Travellers have caravans that cost more than a house.

ok i'll start again!!!!!
    i was having my lunch in town,then these 2 bmw's,a lexus and a porsche pull up.a large group og men came into the cafe,all with irish accents very loud rude anti-social sat down ordered food .the whole cafe could hear them,by the way they spoke they were not at all anyway ever in school.of the 4 cars 3 were german reg and one uk reg.no tax or insurance on any of the cars.just wondering how do they get these high hend cars and what laws apply to them i terms of travel,paying tax prsi etc??

2kinky wrote:
    by the way they spoke they were not at all anyway ever in school.

I wonder whether some people receive text messages through txtspk and questions if the sender has ever been to school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

2kinky wrote:
    .the whole cafe could hear them,by the way they spoke they were not at all anyway ever in school.of the
    Not the only ones by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

They drive round in flash cars because of the same reason everybody else does-There rich. They drive round sellin u dodgy furniture which they make massive profits on and they dont pay tax because they dont have an address. For example. Fireplace in my house was bought for bout €250 ish as far as i can remember but the guy(he was a traveller by the way) started at about 700. assuming that he probably still made a profit on the 250 imagine what he would make if we didnt haggle.
    They also go round scamming people like the story of the guy who was shown a nokia phone agreed to buy it and ended up with a nokia box full of rocks.
    Plus the cars probably were aquired by not so legal means.
    You think there cars are flash? have you seen there plots in graveyards? More marble and gold that aincent rome!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

If none of us paid taxes and "acquired" stuff we could all buy flash cars, caravans and houses. Wouldn't life be great except for the odd funeral or wedding massacre.

thank you COLHOL!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

haha, i deleted the post coz it looked too out of place coz the other guys got in ahead of me

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Maybe one of the travellers won the lotto. Or maybe they just buy them to piss you off. Seems to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

ColHol wrote:
    haha, i deleted the post coz it looked too out of place coz the other guys got in ahead of me
    phew, thought i was going mad

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

they don't pay tax.. claim benefit and work too!!

(god i'm going to hell for that!:rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Doc_Savage wrote:
    they don't pay tax.. claim benefit and work too!!

I am curious how people come to this conclusion and how come everyone knows this yet the Revenue commisioners are completly in the dark. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Yes but there not that easy to find!!!Line from snatch:"You wont find a pikey if he doesnt want to be found". How do you send a summons or anything else to a caravan thats always on the move?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement