Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loyalist groups to march in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭tunaman

Binomate wrote:
    There is no evidence to back it up. There isn't even a motive!

The whole thing was planned in great detail according to the justice minister.

The FACT that anybody who wanted to voice their anger at the marchers also conviently had missiles all around them is not even a little suspect to you or anybody else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

DOLEMAN wrote:
    I caught the cars on fire on Nassau Street. The rioters are behind me. The gardai are to my right.

Sorry for the large file size.

http://www.cult.ie/nassaust.zip
    Thanks for sharing the footage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

tunaman wrote:

The FACT that anybody who wanted to voice their anger at the marchers also conviently had missiles all around them is not even a little suspect to you or anybody else?
    Yes, someone planted bottles where is your evidence that suggests it was the Irish Government? Are you suggesting the buliding site was planted as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

tunaman wrote:

lol :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Yeah I guess the whole redevelopment of O'Connell St. was scheduled well in advance just so the rioters could have an ample supply of ordnance. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,363 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

The Government shouldn't have given the loyalists permission to march through Dublin - looking at the bands with their Union Jacks and regalia, it was obviously an attempt to grig people.

The riots were disgusting, and I'm too furious for words with the rioters.

But at the same time, the Government want their heads examined for saying yes to the loyalist march in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

luckat wrote:
    looking at the bands with their Union Jacks and regalia, it was obviously an attempt to grig people.

well god love ya son,if you cant control yourself upon seeing union jacks and regalia than your a sad individual.just because people cant control their bigoted prospensity to violence shouldnt be a reason to stop a legitimate approved parade,if it annoys you just stay away in your cave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Freelancer

tunaman wrote:

Jesus are you still acting the muppet? You're on the other thread telling us
    "NOT TO TRUST THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA" and then telling us to learn the truth and watch the "power of nightmares" a documentary produced by the bloody BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

well god love ya son,if you cant control yourself upon seeing union jacks and regalia than your a sad individual.just because people cant control their bigoted prospensity to violence shouldnt be a reason to stop a legitimate approved parade,if it annoys you just stay away in your cave.
    it wasn't a parade. it was a protest march. not a parade. not a parade. not a parade. (i'm using the marge simpson technique here)
    and no, it shouldn't have happened. yesterdays events are a testament as to why is shouldn't have happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

julep wrote:
    it wasn't a parade. it was a protest march. not a parade. not a parade. not a parade. (i'm using the marge simpson technique here)
    and no, it shouldn't have happened. yesterdays events are a testament as to why is shouldn't have happened.

So... we should censor freedom of expression because a few braindead SFers might get unhappy otherwise? What if someone had rioted at the similarly ridiculous rally Sinn Fein held last year? Should that be banned, too? The solution is better police protection, not no march.

i've nothing against loyalists marching in Dublin. i just don't agree with "love ulster" marching in Dublin. they are no better than the scum who rioted yesterday. why should we pander to the wishes of people who hate everything we stand for and everything about us? fuck them. we're better off without them, as are the people of northern Ireland, unionist and republican alike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

gurramok wrote:
    Victims of violence? This was an march by loyalist extremists, they were no ordinary unionist joe-soaps.

Yeh we seen the victims of violence attempting to parade in full military red uniform, have a look at RTE news of them, a full orange march by extremists.
    The Garda brass who gave permission for this march should be sacked for incompetence.
    Residents were not informed, there was no publicity of it happening hence many innocent shoppers were caught in the middle of the mayhem.
    And above all allowing it go down that ammunition dump called O'Connell St helping the consequental riot.
    Well said.

''They hate us, yes you and me and everyone else that are NOT loyalist''

where you there throwing stones today? your attitude only further incites the hatred which we saw today, im sickened by what happened today, no wonder the loyalists dont want to join the republic. with attitudes like yours they're very clearly not welcome
    Gerrymandering ring a bell, they were happy then :rolleyes:

Binomate wrote:
    Maybe you can give me good reason as to why these marchers were extremists?
    http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9914/104546883b6b54b6b081op.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

rsynnott wrote:
    So... we should censor freedom of expression because a few braindead SFers might get unhappy otherwise? What if someone had rioted at the similarly ridiculous rally Sinn Fein held last year? Should that be banned, too? The solution is better police protection, not no march.

yes, frankly.

not because braindead sfers will go on a rampage, but because the people who were in work, out shopping, having a nice saturday or having their lunch had to put up with rocks, cars being burned and republican chants that have nothing to do with the day at hand.

i couldn't give a rats ass about the knackers yesterday, or the fools from up north who thought they could protest about some group who have NOTHING to do with the irish state. i do, however, care about being able to go to the shops on a saturday afternoon and not have muppets running riot.

the army should have been called in to shoot every one of those morons, with live rounds. if they show no respect for their own police force, then why should the force show respect for them. as a voter, i'd condone the mass murder of these knackers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Lads, we all knew this was going to happen. Get over it.

Anarchist wrote:

Hey Anarchist where did you get that photo? Its funny how its an EXACT copy of mine: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaqian/104546883/in/set-72057594070519805/

What gives?

Anyone else think these photos look the same???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

ive just seen the thread on the muslim cartoons. Its amazing the way so many of you are in favour of freedom of speech by your comments in that thread and your 'i support denmark' sigs.
    When it comes to the bottom line, however, you dont want people who are entitled to Irish passports, protesting in Dublin.

There were protests in Dublin because the south is where SF are gaining in popularity and any influence they may have in future southern irish politics would be disastrous for Northern Unionists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

ive just seen the thread on the muslim cartoons. Its amazing the way so many of you are in favour of freedom of speech by your comments in that thread and your 'i support denmark' sigs.
    When it comes to the bottom line, however, you dont want people who are entitled to Irish passports, protesting in Dublin.

There were protests in Dublin because the south is where SF are gaining in popularity and any influence they may have in future southern irish politics would be disastrous for Northern Unionists
    Spot on wit everythin u said there mate.

Ironically, I'm one of the few (if the amount of "Support Denmark" sigs are anythin to go by) on this site who takes the POV that the cartoons were offensive, should not have been published, and, most importantly, that Freedom Of Speech does not trump all other human rights, i.e. You can't just say anything offensive you want and then claim that it is your right to do so because of Freedom of Speech.

Back on topic, on the flipside of this, I was never against the Love Ulster March. Show me where's the harm? And don't say "The Riots! All this fighting! Provocative! Wah Wah Wah!" FFS grow up - It's only provocative if you take offence to it, and frankly if 10 old geezers on crutches with Orange flags hobbling down O'Connell offends you, then I don't see how you can take Denmark's side, or indeed the side of Freedom of Speech.

/rant over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

sjones wrote:
    Lads, we all knew this was going to happen. Get over it.
    quoted for truth.
    if they march past the GPO with union jacks and bowler hats they will ****ing crash and burn. LOL>:D

they didnt even get the chance, double lol.

Anarchist wrote:
    Anybody else amused by an "anarchist"getting outraged by anothers state's flag? I mean, you hate all nations? Right? Being an anarchist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Did anyone else notice the loveulster website is down now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dandanthe

There are enough problems in the north with this. i've seen it first hand in Derry (not red hand). It incites hatred and is fuelled by bigotry. It achieves nothing. From what i have seen, these people are not happy unless their tramping on somebody elses turf and when a riot breaks, its never the marchers fault. To march past a place where martyrs stood to give their lives for Irish freedom is such a paradox shows a total lack of respect for those martyrs and what they achieved. I think Patrick Pearse was turning in his grave as the nation of politicians who already sold us out to the eec are going to give in to the bigoted demands of loyalism and its thug driven display of democracy.

Or was Jeffery donaldson in hurry back to the north so he could do his other job as a daniel o donnell lookalike and keep old ladies entertained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

dandanthe wrote:
    There are enough problems in the north with this. i've seen it first hand in Derry (not red hand). It incites hatred and is fuelled by bigotry. It achieves nothing. From what i have seen, these people are not happy unless their tramping on somebody elses turf and when a riot breaks, its never the marchers fault. To march past a place where martyrs stood to give their lives for Irish freedom is such a paradox shows a total lack of respect for those martyrs and what they achieved. I think Patrick Pearse was turning in his grave as the nation of politicians who already sold us out to the eec are going to give in to the bigoted demands of loyalism and its thug driven display of democracy.

Or was Jeffery donaldson in hurry back to the north so he could do his other job as a daniel o donnell lookalike and keep old ladies entertained.

well said.

ronoc wrote:
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/2005/12/12/story234594.html

I have nothing to add, except I don't think this will end well.

Any thoughts?

:eek: You heard it here first folks ;)

ronoc wrote:
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/2005/12/12/story234594.html

I have nothing to add, except I don't think this will end well.

Any thoughts?
    ronoc wrote:
    :eek: You heard it here first folks ;)

from that link:
    The march is being organised by the Love Ulster campaign, an alliance of Orangemen, loyalist activists and the victims of IRA violence.
    SebTheBum wrote:
    Back on topic, on the flipside of this, I was never against the Love Ulster March. Show me where's the harm? And don't say "The Riots! All this fighting! Provocative! Wah Wah Wah!" FFS grow up - It's only provocative if you take offence to it, and frankly if 10 old geezers on crutches with Orange flags hobbling down O'Connell offends you, then I don't see how you can take Denmark's side, or indeed the side of Freedom of Speech.
    so i take it you didn't see the marching bands and the people (if you can call them that) in full orange order regalia, or did you choose to overlook that aspect of it?
    i don't think that even the most staunch IRA supporter would have a problem with "10 old geezers" marching down O'Connell street, if that's all it was.unfortunately for all involved, this was not the case.
    answer me this: why did they feel the need to bring four marching bands to a protest march? why did they feel the need to dress in their orange order regalia (none of the people on crutches, nor those with pictures of (their own) dead relatives were in orange order regalia.
    'love ulster' brought the marching bands and the orange order with them. that is what people don't want. 'love ulster' just wanted an excuse to have an orange order parade through the streets of (what they consider) a foreign country.

sjones wrote:
    Did anyone else notice the loveulster website is down now?

Down awhile, server couldn't take the strain of all the interest.

julep wrote:
    i don't think that even the most staunch IRA supporter would have a problem with "10 old geezers" marching down O'Connell street, if that's all it was.unfortunately for all involved, this was not the case.
    answer me this: why did they feel the need to bring four marching bands to a protest march? why did they feel the need to dress in their orange order regalia (none of the people on crutches, nor those with pictures of (their own) dead relatives were in orange order regalia.
    'love ulster' brought the marching bands and the orange order with them. that is what people don't want. 'love ulster' just wanted an excuse to have an orange order parade through the streets of (what they consider) a foreign country.

Oh I see it's not that they wanted to march, it's the manner they wanted to march that forced people to lob paving stones....

Thats the weakest defence so far.

• Advertisement

so we are supposed to put up with bigots who hate us marching through our capital city?
    you can use the 'turn a blind eye' defence all you want, but that won't work on the scum who rioted through Dublin on saturday.

why can't you see that 'love ulster' are hateful people?
    this riot wouldn't have happened if they hadn't tried to have an orange order parade through Dublin. they called it a protest march, but it was an orange order parade in disguise.

Advertisement