Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loyalist groups to march in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭gusto

Although I don't agree with the riots the Orangemen should never have been allowed to march in Dublin.

Why is it that they only want to march in places were they are not welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

gusto wrote:
    Although I don't agree with the riots the Orangemen should never have been allowed to march in Dublin.

Why is it that they only want to march in places were they are not welcome!

They can easily say, and rightly say, that we're interfering in the affairs of their country. They have every right to march down here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

netwhizkid wrote:
    Protesting a United Ireland in our Capital, they were asking for trouble.

They were protesting violent nationalism, not a united ireland, neither were they asking for trouble. You are exactly the type of person who would advocate the printing of Muslim caricatures proclaiming 'freedom of speech'.

I do agree with you on one thing, that it was thanks to the Gardai that there were no fatalities today, thank god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

I've been stuck in town for the last 3 hours.
    A bunch of people were running down dame street at about 2 o'clock, alot of them only in there teens, looking like they only joined the march to start troulbe. I was in Spar near Grafton street when next thing the window was smashed. Freaky scary stuff. ran down to the bus stop, The Whole of dame Street dead of cars and bus and I was stuck there waiting. Next thing gardai came from everywhere, on foot, on horses and in cars and vans. Freaked me out.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

This is a freedom of expression issue, just like cartoongate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

rsynnott wrote:
    This is a freedom of expression issue, just like cartoongate.
    to hell with that this is mindless thugs rampaging in out capital defacing our national flag shoot them all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

They were protesting violent nationalism, not a united ireland, neither were they asking for trouble. You are exactly the type of person who would advocate the printing of Muslim caricatures proclaiming 'freedom of speech'.

I do agree with you on one thing, that it was thanks to the Gardai that there were no fatalities today, thank god
    They were trying to bring attention to the fact that they have suffered at the hands of the IRA. They had the right march here just as the cartoonist had the right to draw the cartoons and the newspaper to publish them. It's the scumbags level of tollerance that is the problem not the people marching.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

to hell with that this is mindless thugs rampaging in out capital defacing our national flag shoot them all

Er, no. The original planned peaceful parade was a freedom of speech issue. The thugs protesting that parade by throwing stones at gardai are not :)

cars overturned at the end of Grafton street.
    Charlie Bird brought to hospital.
    30 arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

These thugs should be locked up for a long long time, this mindless violence is not good for our capital city. It just makes me sick, if these people think they are republicans they couldn't be more wrong, they are scum of the earth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

saturday sport had a bit on it and the reporter said thugs went into the shopping center and set off the fire alarms which in return brought on the smoke curtains.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Magic job done by the Gardai. My thoughts are now with those innocently injured, Charlie and the injured Gardai. (You know what I mean..)

I'm just happy my mum picked me up before Grafton street was stormed. The buses were stopped so alot of people were stuck and temple bar was closed down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I was watching RTE Gaelic news bulletin and there was young lads just kicking bins from the ground for the sake of it. I doubt they knew what they were doing other than getting the "Brits out". Idiots. Lets all smash up Dublin so the Loyalists won't come down again. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,135 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Another advocation of murder whilest condemning a riot!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,369 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

RTE has confirmed Charlie Bird was injured. €50,000 to clean this up, nice one. http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/0225/loyalist.html

Binomate wrote:
    They were trying to bring attention to the fact that they have suffered at the hands of the IRA. They had the right march here just as the cartoonist had the right to draw the cartoons and the newspaper to publish them. It's the scumbags level of tollerance that is the problem not the people marching.

agreed, thats exactly what i was telling the guy who thought otherwise!:)

jaysus rte has some smashing video someones almera on fire

Indeed they have. Watching it now.

fooking hell

• Advertisement

I think these are the opinions many of us saw expressed into violent action in Dublin today. All posted on boards.ie
    Originally posted by stephen: We should arrange prizes for whoever can launch the largest balloon of piss on the day. Extra points given for clever things like launching them out of big medieval style catapults and so on.
    Originally posted by Dave McG: I can't stand these Loyalist scum, it's like they're bored so they just start rioting and fighting to keep themselves occupied... The IRA at least had SOME sort of agenda...
    It has no point, the government can't let it go ahead; if they do, then I hope the marchers get a beating, they're scumbags...
    Originally posted by Longfield: Those fcuking bigoted band of wánkers can piss right off, they have utterly no right to march here, frankly this makes my blood boil even think of it.
    Originally posted by Longfield: I for one will shed not tears for any of them showered in píss balloons or worse..
    Originally posted by Ajnag: Screw em for every last penny in their pockets,
    Provicate them in to attacking us and then sue them back to britain.
    Originally posted by Willymuncher: This really pisses me off, those bastards can stay where they belong, Its going to create an amount of trouble. I hope they get the welcome they deserve
    Originally posted by the menace: Inevitably they'll meet with violence resistance from Dublin's underclass and good enough for them
    Originally posted by Kernel: just throw something out there, two words people:

Ethnic Cleansing.

What do you think?

So, turns out the marchers were actually protesting for victims of violence. Any of the above posters yoing to stand by your words? Again, all I can say is that I found what happened today disgusting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Victims of violence? This was an march by loyalist extremists, they were no ordinary unionist joe-soaps.

Yeh we seen the victims of violence attempting to parade in full military red uniform, have a look at RTE news of them, a full orange march by extremists.
    The Garda brass who gave permission for this march should be sacked for incompetence.
    Residents were not informed, there was no publicity of it happening hence many innocent shoppers were caught in the middle of the mayhem.
    And above all allowing it go down that ammunition dump called O'Connell St helping the consequental riot.

gurramok wrote:
    Victims of violence? This was an march by loyalist extremists, they were no ordinary unionist joe-soaps.

Yeh we seen the victims of violence attempting to parade in full military red uniform, have a look at RTE news of them, a full orange march by extremists.
    The Garda brass who gave permission for this march should be sacked for incompetence.
    Residents were not informed, there was no publicity of it happening hence many innocent shoppers were caught in the middle of the mayhem.
    And above all allowing it go down that ammunition dump called O'Connell St helping the consequental riot.
    They were not extremists at all. The so called military red uniforms were marching band uniforms in case you hadn't noticed. How in the name of God can you mistake peacefull marchers with extremists?

right, so you blame all of this on the people who visited the garden of rememberence? the people your minister for justice was meeting? you think what happened is their fault? because thats all your last post refers to. I cant stand the neck of some people unwilling to accept the marcher's rights to come to Dublin while totally ignoring the opportunism of republican scumbags.

Its like the analogy of the big pink elephant sitting in the middle of the room and nobody mentioning it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

gurramok wrote:

Exactly. LovelyHurling, I'm sure there were some victims' families etc there for the protest, but I am not under any illusion that that was the reason for the protest, or the OTR's, or because Unionists are being ignored...

Call me cynical, but I think there was an ulterier motive in today's march :rolleyes: As indeed do many people, judging by the "we're playing into their hands, that's what they want" posts. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree mate.

Another advocation of murder whilest condemning a riot!!
    some matters need swift strong action bet you all of these guys will get off with probation or caution no one will do any time for what we saw today thats why they knew they could get away with it
    Its a federal offence in USA to deface or violate the american flag should be the same here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Binomate wrote:
    They were not extremists at all. The so called military red uniforms were marching band uniforms in case you hadn't noticed. How in the name of God can you mistake peacefull marchers with extremists?
    You should have gone to Specsavers...

gurramok wrote:
    informed of what?that there was going to be a riot?
    i cannot condone the parade going down oconnell st but then are the rioters going to say
    mr riot:mr garda we are going to cause mayhem on the streets on saturday
    mr garda:ok see you then????

Hagar wrote:
    You should have gone to Specsavers...
    Maybe you can give me good reason as to why these marchers were extremists?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

well done, these so called nationalists have just destroyed their own capital city!

Advertisement