Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loyalist groups to march in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

a family of victims march is fine.

if they march past the GPO with union jacks and bowler hats they will ****ing crash and burn. LOL>:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

am i the only one who thinks this could be fecking hilarious? think about it, a load of orange men with union jack marching down dawson street surrounded by baffeled american tourists:D

So true. Many of the people on the streets of town on your average day are not exactly Irish Catholics anyway and provided there is no trouble or hatemongering they will probably think it is a cultural event of some sort laid on by Dublin City Council.

Loyalists helping Dublin Tourism since 2006!*

*joke:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Just been reading about it the past few minutes - it seems like the march is organised by a coalition composed of unionist politicians, orangemen, loyalist paramilitaries and victims groups.

The loveulster.com site is down at the minute (bandwidth limit), but the cached version says that they're peaceful and democratic - doesn't sound like anything to get agressive about. A recent blog says that the tricolour will be flown by the parade and the orangemen won't be wearing their orange scarves - I hope that's enough to dampen the effect of O'Connell st. full of union jacks :eek:

I sure hope the parade goes by before the pubs open and that the only anti-march response is people turning their backs or waving bloody big tricolours. A bigger reaction would be embarassing.

frobisher wrote:

Ive never read such badly written fecal matter in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

edanto wrote:
    A recent blog says that the tricolour will be flown by the parade and the orangemen won't be wearing their orange scarves - I hope that's enough to dampen the effect of O'Connell st. full of union jacks :eek:

Very likely the flag thing is a legal requirement. There are a variety of bizarre laws related to flying flags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

What time is this march on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

ronoc wrote:
    Ive never read such badly written fecal matter in my life.

Remove the l from blog and you have a slang word for a toilet-pot.

Remove the b from blog and you have a slang word for a large lump of shít.

fly_agaric wrote:
    Remove the l from blog and you have a slang word for a toilet-pot.

Remove the b from blog and you have a slang word for a large lump of shít.

Never truer words said :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

DaveMcG wrote:
    dyawannatalk.com
    dyawannachat.com
    sure :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

DaveMcG wrote:
    dyawannatalk.com
    dyawannachat.com

dogwide.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

lol, wrong thread :o

A few days, late but the organiser was on the last word on tuesday.

It appears they are starting their march outside the Sinn Fein offices on Parnell St! They are then marching down O'Connell St.

The organisers claim they are not trying to incite any thing but starting out side the Sinners offices and down throuh the centre of Dublin on a busy shopping day..

Anyone know bout what time it'll be starting at?

DaveMcG wrote:
    Anyone know bout what time it'll be starting at?

Its around 3 on Saturday I'm led to believe.

Okey doke, thanks.

So which boardsies are gonna be goin? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

DaveMcG wrote:
    Okey doke, thanks.

So which boardsies are gonna be goin? :)

It'll surely be much the same as that farcical SF thing a few months ago, but with different flags?

rsynnott wrote:
    It'll surely be much the same as that farcical SF thing a few months ago, but with different flags?

Yeah, these people tend to go away if you starve them of attention.

ronoc wrote:
    Its around 3 on Saturday I'm led to believe.

I read though that the Gardaí have roads closed from 11 till 1.30 so 3 wouldn't make much sense. I'm gonna head in around ten and see what the story is. I'll post a load of pics up on Flickr next week and will stick a link to them here.

jaqian wrote:
    I read though that the Gardaí have roads closed from 11 till 1.30 so 3 wouldn't make much sense. I'm gonna head in around ten and see what the story is. I'll post a load of pics up on Flickr next week and will stick a link to them here.

Cool, do post the link here.

Just rang Store St. Garda Station and they said the march is on at 10am!!! Very early. Think it starts at Parnell Sq and finishes at the Dáil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

and then what?
    are the IRA going to hand over all their weapons and apologise for all wrongs done over the years? are all the catholics in the north going to move out and leave the land to the protestants? are sinn fein going to stop putting people up for electon?
    these marches are about as useful as an internet petition to get happy days back on the air. would be nice to see the photos though. fair play to you for being willing to put in the effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭smoke

One of my friends said she got an email saying to keep out of the city centre that day. Fears of bombings etc. Just one of those general ones saying to forward it to all your friends.

But, i cant see who would plant one. The unionists wouldn't do it cos they'll be there and I doubt any factions of the IRA would do it as they would be blowing up the Republics capital and possibly any IRA members protesting the march.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

ill be in town on Saturday protesting against these sectarian scum,it's disgraceful this vermin are allowed to march on our streets under the pretence that this is for the victims of violence,it's merley an excuse for Loyalists to say they marched in Dublin,scum,everybody come out and Saturday and peacefully protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

don't do that. it's exactly what they want. then they can go home and say that the people in the republic hate them.
    as someone else pointed out, just ignore them. let them have their march. it's not hurting anyone. just enforcing the idea that they are completely bigoted idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭D-!

It was on newstalk today that there starting at 12 leaving from the garden of rememberence (sp?) up o connell street (past the GPO) and from then on i dont know i missed the rest of that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Flex

julep wrote:
    don't do that. it's exactly what they want. then they can go home and say that the people in the republic hate them.
    as someone else pointed out, just ignore them. let them have their march. it's not hurting anyone. just enforcing the idea that they are completely bigoted idiots.

I agree 100% with this. I was thinkin of going out and peacefully protesting too, but as much as I cant stand the orange order it would be a bigger 'loss' if we gave them an excuse to go back up north saying "Oh we only wanted to have a prade to remember IRA victims, nothing more, BUT the big bad intolerant south wouldnt even tolerate that because they hate Protestants and are pro-IRA", because this march is being hyped as a parade to remember victims of the IRA despite the orange order presence. So if theres a protest theyll say it was a protest against the victims relatives.

Best course of action is stay outta the city centre until after theyve left and dont give them what they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I was thinking about going in on Saturday to lend some support to the demonstration, does anyone know of any shops in dublin selling large union jacks ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

solas wrote:
    lol, I was thinking the very same thing. (don't get me started on that one again ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

It would be great if everyone could desert the streets of Dublin and let the muppets march down empty streets for the day.

Advertisement