Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loyalist groups to march in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Binomate wrote:
    They were not extremists at all. The so called military red uniforms were marching band uniforms in case you hadn't noticed. How in the name of God can you mistake peacefull marchers with extremists?

They hate us, yes you and me and everyone else that are NOT loyalist. I see no difference between them and Nazis/KKK with their hatred of another nation of people.

Did you know that the Love Ulster campaign was started by loyalist terrorists at Larne last year, they regularly turnup at their rallies in Belfast.
    informed of what?that there was going to be a riot?
    i cannot condone the parade going down oconnell st but then are the rioters going to say
    mr riot:mr garda we are going to cause mayhem on the streets on saturday
    mr gardak see you then????
    It doesnt take einstein to know that if there is a protest against an extremist march past an ammunition dump that there is going to be trouble.
    This march was not even publicised in the media with little mention, many people i know didnt know it was happening today.
    Maybe the authorities were trying to sneak it past an unsuspecting public(whether they care or not) to cut down on parade costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

To think of the honourable blood that was shed on those streets for our freedom, its embarrassing to see the behaviour on those streets today.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

can anyone tell me why they felt the need to bring a marching band?
    they claim to have wanted to march for the victims of violence (why not include the victims of loyalist terror), why would they need a marching band in full orange order regalia?
    the only reason i can think of is to provoke a violent response and they got what they wanted.
    take your blinkers off. they are not good people. they are a mixture of loyalist extremists, violent thugs, terrorists, unionist politicians and a few victims of IRA violence.
    if the leaders of this march stand up tomorrow and say they are ashamed of what happened in Dublin today and that they understand that it was caused by a minority of trouble makers, then i will take my previous statement back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

gurramok wrote:
    They hate us, yes you and me and everyone else that are NOT loyalist. I see no difference between them and Nazis/KKK with their hatred of another nation of people.

Did you know that the Love Ulster campaign was started by loyalist terrorists at Larne last year, they regularly turnup at their rallies in Belfast.

It doesnt take einstein to know that if there is a protest against an extremist march past an ammunition dump that there is going to be trouble.
    This march was not even publicised in the media with little mention, many people i know didnt know it was happening today.
    Maybe the authorities were trying to sneak it past an unsuspecting public(whether they care or not) to cut down on parade costs.
    You have provided no evidence of extremist behaviour. They were voicing their opinion plain and simple.

julep wrote:
    can anyone tell me why they felt the need to bring a marching band?
    they claim to have wanted to march for the victims of violence (why not include the victims of loyalist terror), why would they need a marching band in full orange order regalia?
    the only reason i can think of is to provoke a violent response and they got what they wanted.
    take your blinkers off. they are not good people. they are a mixture of loyalist extremists, violent thugs, terrorists, unionist politicians and a few victims of IRA violence.
    if the leaders of this march stand up tomorrow and say they are ashamed of what happened in Dublin today and that they understand that it was caused by a minority of trouble makers, then i will take my previous statement back.
    Eh, it was a parade. Call me crazy but a marching band is one of the things I'd certainly expect to see at a parade.

• Advertisement

parades are usually used for celebrations.
    pa·rade Audio pronunciation of "parade" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (p-rd)
    n.

1. An organized public procession on a festive or ceremonial occasion.
    2. The participants in such a procession.
    1. A regular place of assembly for reviews of troops. Also called parade ground.
    2. A ceremonial review of troops.
    3. The troops taking part in such a review.
    3. A line or extended group of moving persons or things: a parade of strollers on the mall.
    4. An extended, usually showy succession: a parade of fads and styles.
    5. An ostentatious show; an exhibition: make a parade of one's talents. See Synonyms at display.
    6. A public square or promenade.
    it was a protest march and nothing more.
    why bring politics into a parade in what you consider to be foreign soil?
    why try to have a parade on said foreign soil?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

''They hate us, yes you and me and everyone else that are NOT loyalist''

where you there throwing stones today? your attitude only further incites the hatred which we saw today, im sickened by what happened today, no wonder the loyalists dont want to join the republic. with attitudes like yours they're very clearly not welcome

gurramok wrote:

Binomate wrote:
    You have provided no evidence of extremist behaviour. They were voicing their opinion plain and simple.
    Err, ever hear of their usual songs/chanting about up their neck in 'fenian' blood.?
    IE, they want us all that are not like them to simply take a hike :)

I have no objection to a march by 'victims of ira violence', take out the orange bands and let the ordinary unionist folk in plains clothes march with proper banners, not bigotry on display.

I do object to extremists from either side parading bigotry in my and your city.

Also for those you not familiar with Dublin, the gardai can't even police vast swates of this city properly including my own neighbourhood, how are they suppose to control a riot :?)

''They hate us, yes you and me and everyone else that are NOT loyalist''

where you there throwing stones today? your attitude only further incites the hatred which we saw today, im sickened by what happened today, no wonder the loyalists dont want to join the republic. with attitudes like yours they're very clearly not welcome

No i wasn't throwing stones. I was there observing as a peaceful protester, feck sake i'm 31 and not the fittest of persons to throw a brick!
    Attitudes?...Does it hurt about the truth what they are?
    I work and have worked with ordinary unionists down here in Dubland, they are not a patch on bigotry, they are decent people.
    What i object to is the forcing of a extremist parade without consultation to people that live in this city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

gurramok wrote:

read my post i said i cannot condone them bringing it down oconnell st for obvious reasons

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Jayses Binomate, they start the parade outside Sinn Fein's offices, march past the Garden of Rememberance, on past the GPO and on to our Dail. What else could they do short of sodomising old MR. Brennan outside Jacobs Mill Bakery to provoke a reaction?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Hagar wrote:
    Jayses Binomate, they start the parade outside Sinn Fein's offices, march past the Garden of Rememberance, on past the GPO and on to our Dail. What else could they do short of sodomising old MR. Brennan outside Jacobs Mill Bakery to provoke a reaction?

i didn't realise that was the route. i'm more pissed off about it now. its like something you see in primary school, but generally not secondary school because the kids have grown up a bit more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

This is ridiculous, is Binomate the only one who can see this thing clearly?
    They hate us, yes you and me and everyone else that are NOT loyalist

for fcuk sake, they were marching for valid reasons today and took steps to provoke decent dubs as little as they possibly could (anyone who tells be this looked like an orange march you obviously were not there)

Im a loyalist and do not hate everyone who isnt a loyalist, otherwise I would have made no friends in the 5 years ive been in college down here.

Now I dont think todays protest was provocative, but can I just say that in a state like the Republic of Ireland, if somebody walks down a road saying "hit me hit me" repeatedly, it doesnt actually mean you should hit them. You're supposed to see them as stupid and continue your daily business.

Just to clarify the protestors did not WANT to be injured today.

Stop defending the scumbags unless your name is Deco and you enhoyed your "freedom fighting" today, oh and your looted runners from Footlocker:rolleyes:

I stole no runners today.

The people that the marchers claim killed/maimed their loved oned ones were officailly British Subjects.
    Why wasn't the march held in London?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭tunaman

Hagar wrote:

It was obviously designed to provoke a reaction.
    Now I dont think todays protest was provocative

The fact that people are thinking like this is madness.

for fcuk sake, they were marching for valid reasons today and took steps to provoke decent dubs as little as they possibly could (anyone who tells be this looked like an orange march you obviously were not there)

Im a loyalist and do not hate everyone who isnt a loyalist, otherwise I would have made no friends in the 5 years ive been in college down here.

Now I dont think todays protest was provocative, but can I just say that in a state like the Republic of Ireland, if somebody walks down a road saying "hit me hit me" repeatedly, it doesnt actually mean you should hit them. You're supposed to see them as stupid and continue your daily business.

Stop defending the scumbags unless your name is Deco and you enhoyed your "freedom fighting" today, oh and your looted runners from Footlocker:rolleyes:
    while you might not hate anyone who is not a loyalist, the people involved with love ulster clearly do.
    they came here simply to provoke violence and they got their wish.
    one side is as bad as the other and neither side is innocent in this whole debacle.

tunaman wrote:
    The fact that people are thinking like this is madness.
    Says someone who thinks the Irish Government are behind this.

Oh yes i was there today.
    I walked past them at about 12:20pm and what i saw disgusted me.
    They(the Orange marchers) were practicing their sectarian tunes of hating anything that is not like them.

Why bring 6 sectarian loyalist bands when you are only protesting about 'victims of violence' ???

What i saw were men in red military uniform with their flutes/drums and flags ready to insult anyone with their vitriol hatred that does not agree with them.

These were not victims IMHO

Why bring 6 sectarian loyalist bands when you are only protesting about 'victims of violence' ???
    i've already asked that question.
    don't expect a valid answer (parade doesn't count. it was a protest march and not a celebration of anything) because there is no valid answer.

Binomate wrote:
    Says someone who thinks the Irish Government are behind this.

Why is that so hard to believe?

There is evidence to back it up.

The whole government has been shown up many times as completely corrupt from top to bottom.

What we hear about is just the tip of the iceberg of what really goes on behind closed doors.

• Advertisement

tunaman wrote:
    Why is that so hard to believe?

There is evidence to back it up.

The whole government has been shown up many times as completely corrupt from top to bottom.

What we hear about is just the tip of the iceberg of what really goes on behind closed doors.
    There is no evidence to back it up. There isn't even a motive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

I followed the rioters around the city.

What amazed me the most was that no plain clothes gardai were doing the same.

Their leader was a well dressed, well spoken, well educated looking man (very "teacher" looking.) He was advising the rioters on how to act around the gardai and to stand their ground. He knew many of them by name.

I was also listening to their plans about where to go next etc.

If the gardai had done the same they could have totally outsmarted them.

Also, instead of arresting youth the gardai just slowly moved them around the city. I was amazed by the gardai's lack of wanting to do anything. For example, when the two mercedes were lit on fire outside cafe sorrento, the gardai just watched (even though they were about 2 seconds walk away from the incident.)

Amazing.

Binomate wrote:
    There is no evidence to back it up. There isn't even a motive!

Do you not think that dis-crediting the fastest growing rival to Fianna Fail the Republican Party (ROFL) is motive enough?

DOLEMAN wrote:
    I followed the rioters around the city.

What amazed me the most was that no plain clothes gardai were doing the same.

Their leader was a well dressed, well spoken, well educated looking man (very "teacher" looking.) He was advising the rioters on how to act around the gardai and to stand their ground. He knew many of them by name.

I was also listening to their plans about where to go next etc.

If the gardai had done the same they could have totally outsmarted them.

Also, instead of arresting youth the gardai just slowly moved them around the city. I was amazed by the gardai's lack of wanting to do anything. For example, when the two mercedes were lit on fire outside cafe sorrento, the gardai just watched (even though they were about 2 seconds walk away from the incident.)

Amazing.
    How many Gardaí watched people burn the mercedes and what equpiment did they have? A couple of Gardaí going against an angry mob with a lack of riot gear wouldn't be a very smart idea. That could by why they didn't act.

Binomate wrote:
    How many Gardaí watched people burn the mercedes and what equpiment did they have? A couple of Gardaí going against an angry mob with a lack of riot gear wouldn't be a very smart idea. That could by why they didn't act.

There were about 20 gardai in riot gear, about 20 on horses, and about 40 on foot.

Hagar wrote:
    Do you not think that dis-crediting the fastest growing rival to Fianna Fail the Republican Party (ROFL) is motive enough?
    Is that why most of the Fianna Fáil leaders have come out and said that these acts of violence do not represent Irish democracy or Irish Republicanism?

DOLEMAN wrote:
    There were about 20 gardai in riot gear, about 20 on horses, and about 40 on foot.
    That should certainly be investigated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

jaqian wrote:

Not an orange marcher in site.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I caught the cars on fire on Nassau Street. The rioters are behind me. The gardai are to my right.

Sorry for the large file size.

http://www.cult.ie/nassaust.zip

Advertisement