Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Trinity Hall thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

stranger1 wrote:
    in that case i believe i know both of them, but i'm gonna keep my mouth shut!

Why? It's not like they keep their curtains shut

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

John2 wrote:
    Why? It's not like they keep their curtains shut

I think it's just the poster is scared of what might end up in there when they go around for a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

stranger1 wrote:
    in that case i believe i know both of them, but i'm gonna keep my mouth shut!
    Give them a big thanks for all the entertainment, on behalf of the west corner of house 87.

From the tunnels of new square to the roof of trinity halls..students go...
    randomhallsnight109small1zh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Next time.. ohhh, next time!

• Advertisement

Tunnels were more impressive, sorry roro. Now a party on the roof is a different storey ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Royale

good bye trinity hall.
    (it was a ________ year)*
    insert positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭mizz.yelof!!!

heartbroken that ive to move out, i keep putting it off!!! was a memorble (well actually quite a lot of the time blurry!) year . went home last week but xup for the weekends i actually dont want to leave the place! bring on pctober when i can move back in again!

Yeah I don't wanna move out either, but sure I'll be back in October. I'm just gonna make the most of the next 9 days or so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Mola.mola

how much is the deposit?

• Advertisement

€165.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

You guys are ridicolous. the RDS is 10 minutes from Trinity Hall without any luas or dorsh! aah

Sure, if you drive or cycle..

Walking, it takes exactly 35 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I moved out of Halls yesterday evening. After two years there, it was a sad day. :(

I've been gorging myself on food that was left behind by various friends' flatmates when I call around to say goodbye to them.

I ate about a litre of icecream just there, so much that I felt ill.
    thelastbreakfast126small6uo.jpg

Pray for Roro..

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i want ice-cream!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭mizz.yelof!!!

Pet wrote:
    I've been gorging myself on food that was left behind by various friends' flatmates when I call around to say goodbye to them.

I ate about a litre of icecream just there, so much that I felt ill.
    thelastbreakfast126small6uo.jpg

Pray for Roro..

hey hey hey there now thats my kitchen!!! aw man did i miss out on the ice cream???? grrrr!!!! hi ronan!!!:D

..Orlaith? Thanks for all the food, thanks to you guys I have 3 blocks of cheese, a ****load of yoghurt, and of course, all that icecream. :D

I had an ice cream in mcdonalads. They gave me lots of saouce. Yum!

Strawberry's for girls

• Advertisement

vanilla ftw!!!11!111one!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 newyorker44

Hello.

Can anyone provide information on how postgrads are accomodated in halls? I was assigned to building 86. Is this building all postgraduate students? Are the apartments single-sex as well? How many bedrooms are in each apartment? Where is 86 in relation to other buildings? Please forgive my curiousity. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Judging by your name, i'm guessing your american.

The best people to tell you would be "pet" or Europerson, as they have lived in halls this year.

Joe

also, post in the who's who!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

Is this building all postgraduate students?

Yes.
    Are the apartments single-sex as well?

Not all of them in 86 were single-sex this year.
    How many bedrooms are in each apartment?

5/6
    Where is 86 in relation to other buildings?

Beside them!

All that is on the Trinity Hall site is residences, plus a small number of amenities for residents (e.g. laundry, old sport hall, etc). The rest of the buildings are 2.5 miles away on the actual campus, connected by tram or bus.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

"Where is 86 in relation to other buildings?"

The houses are arranged into two squares with courtyards in the middle. 86 looks out onto the court yard along with 85, 84 and 83. 87, 88, 89, 90 and 91 are in the other, larger courtyard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Aoife-FM104

So is exhibitionist girl back this year???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

the question on everyones tongue ;)

Dear Resident

This mail is to let you know that on Friday last the white cat (Scat) whom many
    of you will have seen around Hall was killed by a car on Temple Rd.
    On Tuesday morning the ginger cat (Dandy) was also killed by a car.

Brendan Tangney
    Warden

Aww...those cats were really cute and friendly. I used to play with them while waiting around for my laundry to finish. The white one was great, it used to follow you around like a dog. (Well, the sort of dog that occasionally freaks out and runs up trees/attacks your shoelaces)

RIP, cats. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭balzarywex

i miss the disease-riddled foxes too...:(

• Advertisement

Pet wrote:
    Aww...those cats were really cute and friendly. I used to play with them while waiting around for my laundry to finish. The white one was great, it used to follow you around like a dog. (Well, the sort of dog that occasionally freaks out and runs up trees/attacks your shoelaces)

RIP, cats. :(

I know it's not the best time to say this, but the fact that Tangney e-mailed that out shows how good a community Halls is. Or at least how there's an attempt to create such a community.

Advertisement