Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Trinity Hall thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

He, being a penicillium fungus, manufactures that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Pet wrote:
    He, being a penicillium fungus, manufactures that.
    I've become so stupid since I've stopped attending lectures, etc. My Biology teacher would have killed me, had she known I had made such a stupid error. I guess you need some kind of fungicide, and NOT an antibiotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

europerson wrote:
    I guess you need some kind of fungicide, and NOT an antibiotic.
    Bit o' domestos tbh. God I'm glad that stuff exists. Sometimes I think I can hear the micro-organisms actually scream.

What's the story with the tree surgeons? The trees they butchered didn't look "dangerous" to me..now they're all bare. Poor back of houses 88/89/90/91, everyone on Temple Road/Dartry Road can now gawk in on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

AND they're dumping all the shredded tree outside my window.
    The smell is overpowering.
    Stupid trees.
    *grumbles*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

If they keep this up, there will be hardly any trees left around the perimeter of Halls at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

Please return conversation to exhibitionist girl.

/that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

DOLEMAN wrote:
    Please return conversation to exhibitionist girl.

/that is all

Do you wear a long, dirty mack in real life?

How are people getting from Halls to the RDS? I know there's a bus, but I don't want to spend aaaages stuck in traffic, I'd rather walk/cycle. I'm thinking of taking the following route, though it's a bit complicated.

examroute9zw.jpg

(The green spraypaint shadows my route. The blue line is the Luas, getting off at Beechwood).

It's either that or get the Luas to Charlemont and walk to Grand Canal Dock, then get the Dart to Sandymount, and walk..

Pain in the arse really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Is there not a bridge on the south side of herbert park that would allow you to cross? not 100% about that. other than that its not too long a walk alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

AFAIK, there isn't. But I'm open to coreection (on this topic ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Jebus... why are you bothering to take the luas at all? it's pretty much perpendicular to your direction of travel! Pure waste...

Observe:
    examroute10zw9za.jpg
    much better no? About the same amount of walking, no round-about arseways loop at the end, and probably quicker.

Hmm, I suppose that could work too. I just assumed that it would be quicker to walk from Beechwood than from Milltown..but probably not. I'll only get the Luas if the weather is ****e so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭mizz.yelof!!!

grrrrrrrr missed the friggin bus this morning, had to walk to tesco to get a friggin taxi! was not impressed by the whole thing, not one bit!:mad:

yea and grrr aswel as that, i mean WTF!!! 'dublin bus estimate the journey will take 1 hr 20 mins approx' my asss it does, we were there in 10 minutes on monday morning!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭fookchooknooris

you serious? the bus said it would take 70mins? it's about 2km.

The traffic is usually dire around that time. I'll be walking tomorrow, I discovered there's a route through Alexandra college, so I'll go that way.

yes. there is traffic. there is traffic everywhere in dublin. i refuse to accept that dublin bus actually said this journey would take 70 minutes. Evidence?

I've always fancied the idea of walking from college to the RDS. But, alas I've never done so.

They did say it would take that long, on the posters around halls. I can't (and wouldn't be arsed anyway) scanning them in. Just take it from me and europerson.

Also, I've walked from college to the RDS, it's not so bad, about 30mins or thereabouts. Nice in summer.

so dublin bus didn't say this the su did?

• Advertisement

No. It was Trinity Halls accommodation office who organised it. They said that Dublin Bus said it would take 80 mins or whatever, unless the buses left early. They were probably just covering their asses anyway. Would your hypothetical company want to deal with angry complaints from students (and the parents of same) of Trinity College, Dublin, who missed their exams or were extremely late for them? I think not.

Back to microbiology with me.

Don't be silly. I'd rather accurate information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Wolfmother

Ho wdo u get to milltown rd. from Luas stop, do you walk through that school?

Wolfmother wrote:
    Ho wdo u get to milltown rd. from Luas stop, do you walk through that school?

yea you can walk thru alex, but if your not feeling brave enough to walk amidst the orangeness and and smell of affluence, you can always walk straight down past the luas stop, there a small pedestrian road, it brings you out onto the main road. take a left and just follow the path. its basically walking the whole way around the outside wall and boundaries of alex college . nice walk if the weathers nice.

yea walk from college to rds is not that bad. bit long, but weather was nothing to complain about today after my exam. tho i was wrecked and starvin marvin but the time we reached town.

and yes there are signs on all the house doors, saying it would take an estimated 1 hr 20 mins, ****. i mean up for half 7 seven every morning this week, im truly ****ed. bring on saturday night and the celebrations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

I'm getting a lift to the RDS :D
    WOO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 stranger1

I'm confused bout exhibitionist girl, is there more than 1? Cos I thought she lived on the 2nd floor in 91, but someone else said the 1st..... maybe there's 2, in the same house, i dunno.

There was one on the first floor and one the second floor. And they were the same room number too - one exhibitionist girl on top of the other..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Pet wrote:
    There was one on the first floor and one the second floor. And they were the same room number too - one exhibitionist girl on top of the other..

this is where you would say:
    Pet wrote:
    That's hot

Heh, it's true. I'm getting predictable though, I need a new schtick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 stranger1

in that case i believe i know both of them, but i'm gonna keep my mouth shut!

Advertisement