Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

Now here's a thing of beauty, Surly Tuggnuts(TM), superbly made and totally functional. They really take the messing out of aligning & chain tensioning a fixie:
    nikon%20019.jpg
    (oh yeah, they are also have integrated beer bottle openers)

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

My BH...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Those Tuggnutts sure are cool. Pricey though. I went for the On-One yokes instead, dead cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

PFB wrote: »
    Just another summer weekend here in Canada. This is me two weeks ago--1.5 secs later I crashed, resulting in the need to purchase the new Orbea.

world_record4a.jpg

You're famous!
    http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/09/bike-hits-1307-.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 PFB

You mean Google reaches all the way to Ireland...DAMN...my ruse is up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 PFB

Originally Posted by PFB viewpost.gif
    Just another summer weekend here in Canada. This is me two weeks ago--1.5 secs later I crashed, resulting in the need to purchase the new Orbea.

world_record4a.jpg

You're famous!
    http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/0...its-1307-.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

PFB wrote: »

What I'm really wondering, is where I can get a suit like that lad?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Obviously ... the only bit of mechanics involved on this was ... me adding the cycle computer and the pedals ... and yeah, I did add the bottle holder too ... all by myself.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Obviously ... the only bit of mechanics involved on this was ... me adding the cycle computer and the pedals ... and yeah, I did add the bottle holder too ... all by myself.:o

Geometry of smaller bikes don't suit my eye at all. Do they design them female specific?

uberwolf wrote: »
    Geometry of smaller bikes don't suit my eye at all. Do they design them female specific?

I started off with a size 43 Trek 1000 a couple of years ago, the smallest frame they had for an adult. I am 5 foot nothing and finding a good bike my size was not easy, and shops don't keep small sizes in store, so you can't try them out before buying them. They had to order in my Trek. I wanted a Cervelo R3 but the smallest sz 48 without trying it on was too risky, it could have been too big for and at that price I better make sure it fits. I picked the Ruby Pro because it was available small ( sz 44 ) and as it says on the description : Specially-tuned tubing dimensions and geometry (to fit female anatomies) yields a super lightweight, smooth riding chassis of superior caliber.
    It's an amazing bike. One of the best cyclist I know and who cycles internationally has one too and told me it was the best bike she's ever cycled with.

I still want a R3 though ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

uberwolf wrote: »
    The Ruby is a female-specific bike in any size (nice bike BTW Caroline.) Often smaller sizes use 650c wheels; I believe it can be hard to design a small frame around 700c wheels.

blorg wrote: »
    The Ruby is a female-specific bike in any size (nice bike BTW Caroline.) Often smaller sizes use 650c wheels; I believe it can be hard to design a small frame around 700c wheels.

This one has grown up 700c wheels :)
    That was also something I looked at when I selected this bike, as Blog said many smaller frames are built for smaller wheels. Same for the Trek, 700c too for the small frame.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

it's so ickle! nice bike though, what is the chainset?

copacetic wrote: »
    it's so ickle! nice bike though, what is the chainset?
    Specialized Pro Carbon, integrated oversized design 50x34T ( as per specs)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

My Race Machine..

cimg0648wf9.jpg

My SingleSpeeder

cimg0649uj7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

No front brake ?

Nah - the old caliper spring was wrecked so I took off the whole lot and was meaning to replace it,. TBH im not bothered now as I only really use it as a 'going to the shops' bike and its grand with only the rear brake..

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭snack_ie

I'd tap that **** trinewbie

• Registered Users Posts: 41 flipsky

I'm more often a lurker when I'm here but thought I'd share mine.

For racing:
    S6001432.jpg

and the hacker:
    S6001420.jpg

question for ya - How loud is that horn? I have heard reports that they are deafening?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

It's no deafening but it gets people's attention pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 flipsky

trinewbie wrote: »
    question for ya - How loud is that horn? I have heard reports that they are deafening?

Same as penexpers says. You wouldn't want to use it indoors! I did toot it at a coach this morning - the driver heard it alright but then chose to ignore me anyway :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Sweet machine Buachaill, what saddle have ya got on there?

Hey thanks its a selle italia slr t1 do you like it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

BUACHAILL wrote: »

That's an awesome looking bike. How does it feel?

hey thanks , it feels sweet
    was out on it yesterday for a bit and have a 40km on later on, saddle in the pic was too low so just took some slight adjusting overall but have it right now !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Looks great BUACHAILL, happy cycling!

unionman wrote: »
    Looks great BUACHAILL, happy cycling!

thanks unionman i am delighted with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

RasTa wrote: »
    ordu%20002.jpg

Looks like RasTa is on the Road Cycling UK website: http://www.roadcyclinguk.com/forum/forummessages.asp?dt=&UTN=114566&last=1&V=1&SP=

Advertisement