Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭bananamansgay

thats a very pretty bike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 PFB

Nice bike PFB, you could put that on a pedestal ;-) Are you planning on changing the pedals for a road system? I have SPDs on all my bikes myself and am happy with them, although I would want a road system if I took up racing. Are you going for a shorter stem so as to be able to rotate the bars forward a bit?

Thanks for the compliments. I am going to change the pedals to a road system but probably not until next riding year. I currently have two other bikes (one mtn and one other old steel road bike), both with SPDs, and a very expensive pair of brand-new Sidi shoes that only work with SPDs, so I didn't want to put out the expense of new pedals and new shoes right away. I too like the SPDs but I do think that road pedals will work better on this bike. I'm not sure about the stem. I'm not up to date on road bike technical sides. What would be the benefit of a shorter stem and rotating the bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

PFB wrote: »
    Thanks for the compliments. I am going to change the pedals to a road system but probably not until next riding year. I currently have two other bikes (one mtn and one other old steel road bike), both with SPDs, and a very expensive pair of brand-new Sidi shoes that only work with SPDs, so I didn't want to put out the expense of new pedals and new shoes right away. I too like the SPDs but I do think that road pedals will work better on this bike. I'm not sure about the stem. I'm not up to date on road bike technical sides. What would be the benefit of a shorter stem and rotating the bar?
    I only mentioned it as you said you were changing the "saddle/stem"- maybe you meant just the saddle or the seatpost? TBH the stem looks short enough as it is, I don't know that you would go shorter. The angle of the handlebars looks a bit off in the photo- ideally to get good use of the drops the bottom bit would be flat, parallel with the ground. But to do this will rotate the levers a bit further away, thought you might have had them as they are now due to reach issues.

Thanks for the information, blorg. I meant to say that I am planning on changing the headset. And as for the handlebars, I have changed them since I took this pic. I tweaked my initial fitting. The stem has been flipped and the drops (I think that's the right term) are less upward. I still think I'll need another visit to dial but it feels better with the changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

My new weekend runabout... got it yesterday (second-hand) and am making the transition from hybrid to racer... great so far.

i1792481_DSC0001Medium.JPG

• Advertisement

noblestee wrote: »
    My new weekend runabout... got it yesterday (second-hand) and am making the transition from hybrid to racer... great so far.
    That looks like one hell of a drop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

it does alright, but I just stuck the seat in for the pic. Had to do the usual new bike stuff- take photo, note serial number, and stick name and address on paper in the seat post, can come in handy to prove its yours if robbed (if it ever shows up again).
    I've never setup a road bike before tho so i'll be playing with the seat/stem etc. over the next few days.. Any tips or suggestions appreciated.
    Posted via Mobile Device

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

blorg wrote: »
    That looks like one hell of a drop.

... yeah, I thought that too....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

My new bike. Excuse the crap photo, I currently own a girly Olympus Mu. I'll post again when I can get my hands on a better Camera. Also wanted to get a photo of the Felt in, ill do that later also.

i1792605_MyBikeSmall.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

orca%20evo1.jpg

• Advertisement

Nice bike Dirk, I saw one in the flesh on Saturday (Cadex has one, also from Cycleogical) and they look very good. You are also now in the "Cycleogical club" which means they may acknowledge your presence when you enter their shop. Membership has it's privileges.

RasTa- that is a very nice bike indeed, frankly you are getting into the "too nice to ride" category there. I am going to stop looking at it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

RasTa wrote: »
    orca%20evo1.jpg

nice bike, and one that I have only ever soon once on the road. Don't suppose i might have seen you going through inchicore a while back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭psycholist

nice bike ,
    you might want level your saddle off tho;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

White brake hoods. Get them from Hudz?

RasTA, that is one gorgeous bike. I completely agree: 2 nice to ride!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Cool bike Dirk :cool:. You do realise that now that you have a Ridley you should be able to sprint like Robbie McEwan. Nice top tube to seat stay thing going on there. Is that a compact?! Tut tut!

Rasta, that's a lovely looking bike but a bit too ornamental for me :rolleyes:. I'd be super paranoid about it but that's just me. If only my legs were as good as that bike :o! (you gotta get yourself some white tyres :D)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Purchased 10 days ago. 08 Orbea Diva TDF Ultegra. I will be changing the stem/saddle and pedals. First road bike in years and year. It's quite the ride:

IMG_1322.jpg?t=1213574145

Umm, someone in Winnipeg posted the same bike on Bikeforums the day before?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

^^ Well spotted.
    Unless PFB is in winnepeg of course... and is a woman riding a womans bike

Is there a rule that one can only belong to one board on the inter-webs? I am the woman in Wpg riding the Diva...I am also on roadbikereview.com. Obviously I am quite proud of the bike...maybe it's overkill? :confused: Am I going to be shunned?...beat with a deflated tire tube?..Is it now necessary for me to pedal away in shame? cursed rulezzzz...if this is an inter-webs faux pas, I apologize to all!

Nope, just didn't expect someone in Winnipeg to be posting on an Irish cycling forum, that's all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

el tonto wrote: »
    Nope, just didn't expect someone in Winnipeg to be posting on an Irish cycling forum, that's all.

El Tonto: internet detective

Had a look at PFB's post times- -6 hours could just check out (who would be posting on this thread at 06:27 in the morning!?)

Note detectives el tonto and penexpers were also having a look at PFB's profile. Only one way to sort it PFB- we need a photo of you with that bike, in a snowstorm (no complaining it's summer, we know what Canada is like.)

Raam wrote: »
    El Tonto: internet detective

Nosey parker by trade, as you know.

See, if I didn't post in 'foreign' forums, I would have had no idea how very witty people in Ireland were:
    Note detectives el tonto and penexpers were also having a look at PFB's profile. Only one way to sort it PFB- we need a photo of you with that bike, in a snowstorm (no complaining it's summer, we know what Canada is like.)

Just another summer weekend here in Canada. This is me two weeks ago--1.5 secs later I crashed, resulting in the need to purchase the new Orbea.

world_record4a.jpg

Just another summer weekend here in Canada. This is me two weeks ago--1.5 secs later I crashed, resulting in the need to purchase the new Orbea.

world_record4a.jpg
    That looks very like Chile- I can tell from the snow texture. Curiouser and curiouser.

My new track bike, which I just finished building last night. Bianchi Pista Concept:

2592791911_cf0376c3e1_b.jpg

Also, here's an updated pic of my Wilier which has gotten a few new bits and bobs since the pic I posted last year:

2592794855_d0f73e7ae8_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

That Pista Concept is very sexy sir -pity you have it done as the weather changes and there's not been much racing!

Nice bikes there el tonto, I guess you are taking the track racing seriously then!

The Mortirolo is almost a completely new bike as far as I can make out- new groupset, new wheels, new saddle?

• Advertisement

That Pista Concept is very sexy sir -pity you have it done as the weather changes and there's not been much racing!

Gives me time to tweak it and fiddle around with gearing. Hopefully I can get to the track on my own soon and give it a good test drive.
    Nice bikes there el tonto, I guess you are taking the track racing seriously then!

Well, if you call not being able to race to save your life seriously, then yes I am.
    The Mortirolo is almost a completely new bike as far as I can make out- new groupset, new wheels, new saddle?

Yep, spotted them all.

Advertisement