Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

blorg wrote: »
    What happened to the original Bowery Caroline? Was it the crank/bottom bracket thing?

Without entering into too much detail - Yea, had to get a new one :) and I love the new 2009 one!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭rogerb

My new track bike.

DSC00906.JPG

The great thing about track racing at Sundrive is that you can get beaten by a 15 year old and a 70 year old in the same evening, maybe even the same race ... but at least now I'll do it in style ...

Link: http://picasaweb.google.com/rjbroadhurst/Fuji#5245505530825207426

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Small pic, but looks pretty pimpin'.

el tonto wrote: »
    Small pic

Sorry; added a link to the full size image.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

( 2008's life was short lived but died as a true rock n roll star )
    As old Neil would sing "Its better to burn out than to fade away"! What happened to 2008? By the way the 2009 looks great. What is it will all these Boardsies turning to fixies?? Me thinks Blorg has some Ron Hubbard aspirations! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I believe flickerx (or was it Itsfixed?) started the trend.. I built my first one this time last year.

It's really gaining a huge following, has had one in the States for a good long time now and London is catching on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

sy wrote: »
    As old Neil would sing "Its better to burn out than to fade away"! What happened to 2008? By the way the 2009 looks great. What is it will all these Boardsies turning to fixies?? Me thinks Blorg has some Ron Hubbard aspirations! :D

I think it's only fair to point out that iirc Caroline_ie found the cheap Bowery, and then convinced Blorg to get one, not the other way round :D

Fixed is the new black after all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

rogerb wrote: »
    My new track bike.....

Great colours rogerb. By the way never got a chance to thank you for directions on the way to Belfield the morning of the W200!
    Suppose you will be riding the W200 on this machine next year! :eek: Enjoy

By the way never got a chance to thank you for directions on the way to Belfield the morning of the W200!

No problem.
    Suppose you will be riding the W200 on this machine next year!

I actually think that gears, freewheels and brakes are pretty useful inventions and ... er ... I'm going to get into so much trouble for this ... ah ... I think I'm going to be excommunicated from boards.ie ... er ... fixed gear bicycles really belong in a velodrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

rogerb wrote: »
    I actually think that gears, freewheels and brakes are pretty useful inventions and ... er ... I'm going to get into so much trouble for this ... ah ... I think I'm going to be excommunicated from boards.ie ... er ... fixed gear bicycles really belong in a velodrome.

Roche Snr. used to do the bulk of his base building up in the Wickla mountains with a fixie afaik.

[image]another post without an image[/image]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭steinone

That is one sexy ass frame, how much did it set you back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Karma

I think it's only fair to point out that iirc Caroline_ie found the cheap Bowery, and then convinced Blorg to get one, not the other way round :D

Fixed is the new black after all :)

I thought "Rookie is the new Black"

just got my Mercian this week(no worthy pics yet). will have it on the track soon, got to get the acreditation first.
    but here is my weapon of choice(not many would say pretty, but effective in dublin)

Make sure you get some pics of the Mercian up! I freakin' love 'em.

What's the other bike? Some sort of Surly?

fish-head wrote: »
    Make sure you get some pics of the Mercian up! I freakin' love 'em.

What's the other bike? Some sort of Surly?

Surly Steamroller with os Durace cranks & BB, chris king headset, Gromada Custom hubs(waited 10 months for them) on mavic CPX33 rims, KONA mtb riser bar, Deore disk brake and a block of alloy for a stem :) oh and a brooks B17 saddle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

My Specialized Tricross on the road up Djouce overlooking Lough Tay.
    Thats Lugalla in the distance.

Karma wrote: »
    Surly Steamroller with os Durace cranks & BB, chris king headset, Gromada Custom hubs(waited 10 months for them) on mavic CPX33 rims, KONA mtb riser bar, Deore disk brake and a block of alloy for a stem :) oh and a brooks B17 saddle.

That's not the stock fork though, is it?

fish-head wrote: »
    That's not the stock fork though, is it?

not at all, got a cyclocross kona project2 disc fork. was 120 at the time, so strong thou. think they are about 70/80 now.

Ah cool. Really interesting mix of components! Pure track D.A. Cranks, Cyclocross disk brakes, handmade Polish hubs!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭wahlrab

a 20 year old pinarello frame which I got as a complete bike in budapest for 200, I just brought it back and I have kept the same brakes and handebars but i put on some new wheels and ultegra derail.. etc. It's a lovely bike which is a joy to ride

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

wahlrab wrote: »
    a 20 year old pinarello

That's awesome. I was trying to do something similar, but curse my lack of knowledge as I got burned. The frame I bought is a clunker re-badged with Pinarello decals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Dangerous Dave

ROK ON wrote: »
    My Specialized Tricross on the road up Djouce overlooking Lough Tay.
    Thats Lugalla in the distance.

I really like the look of that Tricross .......... very stealthy

Specialized bikes to rule the cycling world !!!
    I've ridden most bikes at this stage and the Spesh ones out-perform anything else I've ridden.

Here are two of mine - thinkin of changin' em at the moment.

I have an Olmo aswell but thats the sturdy winter work-horse

Tarmac SL2.jpg

Bike 14.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

My fixie, finally got reasonable pics
    1.jpg
    3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭steinone

A very nice bike indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

My Dawes Horizon Tour ready for the daily commute (I drive down to Bray outskirts and then cycle to work).
    It was given to me by a boards reader for the princely price of zero euro and i love it :)

dawes_horizon_tour_commuter.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Jeez Supercell you sure got a bargain there. Like the dawn shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Yeah a very nice shot..Almost looks like a HDR ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Verb wrote: »
    Yeah a very nice shot..Almost looks like a HDR ?

Thanks, not a HDR just messed about with the lighting in photoshop.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

IMG_1090.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

JPEG_1093.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Very flash! The aul chain tension looks a wee bit low.

The half wrapped handlebars remind me of a boob tube....

Advertisement