Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

not according to babelfish, which is never, ever wrong. it actually means :

"My father-in-law has a Orbea Orca. He is bici very handsome."

hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

niceonetom wrote: »
    not according to babelfish, which is never, ever wrong. it actually means :

"My father-in-law has a Orbea Orca. He is bici very handsome."

hmm

Google says "My father-in-law has a Orbea Orca. It is a very beautiful bike."

So either El_Tontos father-in-law is handsome or the bike is beautiful, but at least we know that he as an Orca.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Raam wrote: »
    Google says "My father-in-law has a Orbea Orca. It is a very beautiful bike."

So either El_Tontos father-in-law is handsome or the bike is beautiful, but at least we know that he as an Orca.

My god, el_tonto's father in law has a killer whale? That's just cruel!

My god, el_tonto's father in law has a killer whale? That's just cruel!

It's true, I read it here...
    Mi suegro tiene una Orca.*

* Edited using poetic license

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

my baby

DSC01806.jpg

sorry bout the camera phone pic, its a bit grainy i know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭bananamansgay

hello folks, posted on this site for the first time a few weeks ago looking for info on buying my first tri-bike... well the deal is done.

specialized allez 03 model, shimano part tigra part sora set, brand new fulcrum evolution 7 wheels.

1st ever bike, and im in love :)

http://bp2.blogger.com/_S5KsYcoOjI4/SEf2c-rS9ZI/AAAAAAAAAEs/9CGhYyuSo5E/s1600/image-upload-12-799863.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

hello folks, posted on this site for the first time a few weeks ago looking for info on buying my first tri-bike... well the deal is done.

specialized allez 03 model, shimano part tigra part sora set, brand new fulcrum evolution 7 wheels.

1st ever bike, and im in love :)

http://bp2.blogger.com/_S5KsYcoOjI4/SEf2c-rS9ZI/AAAAAAAAAEs/9CGhYyuSo5E/s1600/image-upload-12-799863.jpg

1) link's broken

2) banana man is a RAGING HETEROSEXUAL (unlike superted, that total queen)

edit> isn't casting aspersions on superhero sexual orientation a bit rich from a man in love with a bicycle?

niceonetom wrote: »
    1) link's broken

2) banana man is a RAGING HETEROSEXUAL (unlike superted, that total queen)

edit> isn't casting aspersions on superhero sexual orientation a bit rich from a man in love with a bicycle?

before eric ever eats a banana (the relevance of eating this particular fruit should not have to be spelt out) he is a spasticated looking goon child obviously confused about his sexuality. on eating said 'banana' he is tranformed into a superhero, a fully grown MAN superhero with a big chin and tight pants with a yellow trim (gay).

eric is obviously using his 'power FRUIT' to escape his reality and become want he so eagerly craves. a big chined MAN.

in conclusion - bananamans' gay

link works fine for me.

sorry, but i thought this was a thread for bike loving freaks like myself?

picture should (hopefully) now be attached

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Racing 7s are nice wheels, they look a hell of a lot more expensive than they are too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

picture should (hopefully) now be attached

Very nice indeed sir. What pedals you got on her?

(Bananaman is not gay. Rogerramjet though has issues)

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Very nice indeed sir. What pedals you got on her?

(Bananaman is not gay. Rogerramjet though has issues)

Look Keo pedals. I bought the bike and wheels seperate, and as im new to this i had to buy shoes a helmet and those ridiculous shorts that look like the kind of thing mr perfect used to wear in westlemania back in the day. the cost was high, and rising. so i went for pretty basic pedals and shoes. (i actually think they are Look Keo Novelle pedals, which i belive are ladies pedals).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Nothing wrong with basic Look pedals.

penexpers wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with basic Look pedals.

yea they are grand. still tweaking the cleats so as to get my foot in a comfortable posistion though.

i got the new wheels in on saturday and went on my first ever 'proper' ride that day. the sun was beating down. i went for a 20K ride, up around skerries/balrothery/balbriggan... it was the most enjoyable experience iv had in ages. the bike is so fast, taught and stiff. i flew around in 40 mins.

i cannot wait to take her out tomorrow!

Look Keo Elle just have a lower release tension AFAIK, to suit ladies' delicate feet. Unless you got them in pink?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Sorry to go off topic about the relative sexual preferences of superheroes, but @irish-stew, I hope you don't go cycling around in the big ring and the big sprocket? The derailleur looks maxed out in that picture!

i didnt say they looked like ladies pedals.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

kenmc wrote: »
    Sorry to go off topic about the relative sexual preferences of superheroes, but @irish-stew, I hope you don't go cycling around in the big ring and the big sprocket? The derailleur looks maxed out in that picture!

that is rare, actully intend to get those gears tuned, had just jumped of the bike at the time and decided to take a pic

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Needabike

Just finished this self build

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Updated the Banana bike. New handlebars, gaudy yellow chain, new singlespeed crankset. I was able to mangle my old brakes onto the new bars, saving a cool 60 euro or so on new brakes.

800px-Banana.JPG

I've finally picked up my new Giant FCR 2.5. My first 'proper' bike.

I love it already.

Verb wrote: »
    Updated the Banana bike. New handlebars, gaudy yellow chain, new singlespeed crankset. I was able to mangle my old brakes onto the new bars, saving a cool 60 euro or so on new brakes.

Where did you get the yellow chain from?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

The internet of course, where all manner of gaudy item can be purchased !
    Wheelandsprocket on ebay. I got the crankset, bars and chain from them. Expensive delivery, just need to buy a few things at once to share out the cost.

The chain paint is not a particularly good job, it looks spray painted on, but it remains on the link sides after use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

800px-Banana.JPG

You should spend that €60 on a yellow saddle and tyres just to finish it off :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Myth wrote: »
    I've finally picked up my new Giant FCR 2.5. My first 'proper' bike.

I love it already.
    Where did ya get it Myth and at what price (if ya don't mind me asking)? Interested in one myself.

It's in Wolfe Cycles in Kimmage for around €625.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

The internet of course, where all manner of gaudy item can be purchased !
    Wheelandsprocket on ebay. I got the crankset, bars and chain from them. Expensive delivery, just need to buy a few things at once to share out the cost.

If you're getting stuff from them again in the near future let me know, I saw some stuff on their eBay shop I want (and should really have ordered when I was getting the crank, I just wasnt thinking ahead)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 PFB

Purchased 10 days ago. 08 Orbea Diva TDF Ultegra. I will be changing the stem/saddle and pedals. First road bike in years and year. It's quite the ride:

IMG_1322.jpg?t=1213574145

• Advertisement

Nice bike PFB, you could put that on a pedestal ;-) Are you planning on changing the pedals for a road system? I have SPDs on all my bikes myself and am happy with them, although I would want a road system if I took up racing. Are you going for a shorter stem so as to be able to rotate the bars forward a bit?

Advertisement