Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

Site just about loads again and the PS5 is indicated as low stock but no way to get into the page. They really must have only had a couple online

Add to the DIDs website crashing if 3 people on site at same time. Makes you wonder how many Smyths sold through when live for 60-90 mins last time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

DID - bunch of amateurs, again a lot of people got annoyed due to waste of time.

Powercity - very well executed, people queued on live chat, names taken, staff called back with transaction number for payment link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Currys are taking the absolute piss with collecting preorders instore in a Pandemic. People were travelling in on buses the last time. Seen one person travel from Offaly to Carlow on the twitter account. Not going to make this trip in as I'm sure there are plenty on the way.

Edit *6 consoles is all they had. Very irresponsible.

Currys are taking the absolute piss with collecting preorders instore in a Pandemic. People were travelling in on buses the last time. Seen one person travel from Offaly to Carlow on the twitter account. Not going to make this trip in as I'm sure there are plenty on the way.

Totally agree, in and out that's twice breaking the 5KM limit for non essencial item. Why not learn from Powercity? Although I think Powercity charges €25 for home delivery is a bit too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Considering click and collect is currently banned, the fact they are organising queues in store just to preorder is ridiculous considering the restrictions. Apparently big queue in blanch just to get your name down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I'd love to know how many people complaining about currys breaking the rules don't have a ps5, maybe I'm wrong but there's an awful bang of begrudgery off some of the posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

I'd love to know how many people complaining about currys breaking the rules don't have a ps5, maybe I'm wrong but there's an awful bang of begrudgery off some of the posts.

I didnt have a PS5 last week and thought it was reckless on their behalf how they are managing it. I have one now and the feeling hasn't changed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

sweetie wrote: »
    cheers for that. ambled up to jervis and seemed to be the first to get a pre-order on the disc machine. Had to buy a second controller but should be able to sell it for the 60e it cost me.

Controllers selling for €50 on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Northernlily

It's reckless not placing them online in a pandemic and then only taking lists in store. This forces travel evidently over 5km on occasion which is often a pointless journey as the list has been filled up resulting in the people being turned away.

That's not begrudgery, that's just common sense.

• Advertisement

It's reckless not placing them online in a pandemic and then only taking lists in store. This forces travel evidently over 5km which is often pointless as the list has been filled up resulting in the people being turned away.

That's not begrudgery, that's just common sense.

And if it's done online, bots get them all rather than regular people.

I got mine on launch day from Smyths. Now I follow/update stock news just for fun :D

My shop is open but very quiet, i'm sitting in front of a laptop all the time.

But so far there have been no recorded instances of catching or spreading COVID through the Internet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Powercity avoided that problem pretty well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

That's horse manure of the highest order. There's no begrudgery giving out about a store encouraging reckless behaviour in the middle of a pandemic. Currys are being absolute arseholes in this regard.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There's an increasingly long record of people in this very forum who've gotten consoles online in the last few weeks, from multiple different retailers. The bot issue has clearly been exaggerated.

In any case, nobody should been moving around unnecessarily at the moment - and a PS5, I hate to say, is a completely unnecessary thing to be dragging people out during lockdown for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Plenty of regular people on here have gotten them successfully online. There's ways around having bots gobble up the supply. Harvey Norman, Smyths and Powercity seem to be able to get them to normal punters successfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

In any case, nobody should been moving around unnecessarily at the moment - and a PS5, I hate to say, is a completely unnecessary thing to be dragging people out during lockdown for.

FOMO does things to people :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Anyone old enough to remember the HP Touchpad megabargain? About 10years ago. I got a Touchpad quicker than a PS5. Which I still dont have.

So I got my name/number taken from Currys in Navan last week. I see they were taking more names today. What happens next? Do I just wait for a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Fecking hell lads, the no chat really gone out the window once again. I understand it's frustrating, but keep it in the other thread so people aren't constantly notificatied to this thread.

• Advertisement

There's an increasingly long record of people in this very forum who've gotten consoles online in the last few weeks, from multiple different retailers. The bot issue has clearly been exaggerated.

For what it's worth, I drove an hour both directions from clare to Galway on 2 seperate days to pay for and then collect my console from DID. I didn't leave the car between my workplace and the shop, met with one person who served me and left again. I was no danger to anyone so in a situation like that, the 5km thing is nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Johnboy316

For what it's worth, I drove an hour both directions from clare to Galway on 2 seperate days to pay for and then collect my console from DID. I didn't leave the car between my workplace and the shop, met with one person who served me and left again. I was no danger to anyone so in a situation like that, the 5km thing is nonsense.

Apart from the people you met on both days who work an hour from your workplace?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Think this could go back and forth forever folks. Both sides of the argument have had their say, so please back on topic thanks - stock updates only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

They're calling anyone from Friday's Carrickmines Curry's list. If you don't answer, they swiftly move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Rasmus wrote: »
    They're calling anyone from Friday's Carrickmines Curry's list. If you don't answer, they swiftly move on.

Madness.

(I have a PS5 so no begrudging)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Rasmus wrote: »
    So if youre at work and cant answer the phone youre out of luck? Harsh that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Joshua J wrote: »
    So if youre at work and cant answer the phone youre out of luck? Harsh that.

I guess so yeah. They warned people of that though when putting names down. Just a heads up really to let people know to watch their phones. They had at least 50 in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭damienf1

So currys took my name and number is it just waiting game now? Any ideas when there coming in or just taking everyone's name... could be big list

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sibersha

• Advertisement

Just got an alert for amazon UK folks

Advertisement